1 ... 70 71 72 73 74
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/16/19 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Lug_Nuts_23 :

I hope you're not of Medicare age yet. If so, you might want to start exercising and eating healthy if you want to see the end. laugh

In all honesty, I'm waiting for a lull in life to get back to it. The kid hauling schedule this year has me busy and the kitchen got put on the schedule (which I still need to finish). On top of that, One Lap plans changed and that moved the Accord development up. Life does these things. Just life. 

Not a problem though, I'm happy, kids are happy, Mrs. Deuce is happy, and Ferdinand seems content waiting. 

orthoxstice
orthoxstice New Reader
2/16/19 12:30 p.m.

If anyone on the east coast is looking to go down this road themselves here's a $700 F800:

1982 Ford F800

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
2/16/19 10:50 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

No worries as to my age.

I'm glad the family is happy--that's really the number one goal if you're married.

Life definitely does things! I know from personal experience that "little" fixes on houses and cars can take forever.

Just so it eventually gets done. I can wait, but I hate to hear "Sold" before a project gets finished.

smiley

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
2/21/19 1:05 a.m.

BTW I loved the two-stroke engine videos.

If you're looking for something more modern and fuel-efficient, the two-stroke is ... back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usmauFigpzk

Not the greatest video quality but this one shows it actually running, and more importantly you can hear it.

Other videos on their channel show how this design works. Enjoy!

(Now would THAT be a fun engine to stuff into an old cabover?)

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/24/19 1:17 p.m.

so, this Canadian couple I follow on the 'Tube gave a tour of a "flat bed camper" that's a vacation rental in Portugal.  Thought it might be of interest to those following along here?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/19 5:26 p.m.
irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/1/19 7:27 p.m.

So, I have finally gotten around to reading this eipc thread (yeah, pretty much the whole thing in one shot).

I'm exhausted from READING this build, much less doing it :)

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/1/19 7:50 p.m.

I need it to start again!

Pete

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/1/19 8:05 p.m.
NOHOME said:

I need it to start again!

Pete

Yes. Every time I wear my ttwo/Ferdinand shirt,  I wonder about this, and where it's going to go.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
5/2/19 9:50 a.m.

Now that I have the crew cab Dodge and firetruck sold I keep running across parts that aren't really appropriate for anything I still have. Things like another amber rotating light that matches the 3 holes in the roof on Ferdinand or the Duece and a half transmission with overdrive or PTO driven winch or hydraulic dump bed cylinder and pump. There's a potential free shipping option opening up around 4th of July if anything I could send down would help kick start this project. 

jay8s
jay8s New Reader
6/29/19 11:24 p.m.

Just stopped in to let you know that, while in my Ferdinand shirt last night, here in St. Louis I was able to touch the Stanley Cup.  Coach asked about my shirt and thought it was really cool.  Thanks for the great conversation starter.  I ended up eating chicken wings from the Cup.  Not a bad night. 

mazdeuce - Seth
6/30/19 12:05 p.m.

In reply to jay8s :

I'm 100% going to use this story the next time I suggest a dumb project to my wife. You never know when one of your stalled projects will help someone else eat wings out of the Stanley Cup. 

And speaking of stalled projects, it's still sitting there. In my defense, I'm 1300 miles away, so there's not much progress I can make. I did talk to Patrick about engine mounting and a 350 Chevy is one of the motors that can easily front mount like a medium duty motor lerting me use the stock front cross member. Add that to the bell housing that he has that will let me use the rear, and I may have a plan for what happens if the International motor blows up. 

The miata needs oil leaks fixed and I'm sick of International parts taking up two feet on each side of the work bay. When I get home it will be time to put the motor together and either sink or swim. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/30/19 12:23 p.m.

Which motor is in it? The 392?

mazdeuce - Seth
6/30/19 2:13 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

You're making me feel bad for having to remember. The 392 is the big motor with the exteralnal cooling pipes, right? This is the long stroke version of the smaller motor, which I think makes it the 360. At least the one I'm building is that, the truck came with the short stroke motor but mice killed that one. 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/30/19 4:26 p.m.
jay8s said:

Just stopped in to let you know that, while in my Ferdinand shirt last night, here in St. Louis I was able to touch the Stanley Cup.  Coach asked about my shirt and thought it was really cool.  Thanks for the great conversation starter.  I ended up eating chicken wings from the Cup.  Not a bad night. 

Tip of the cap to you Sir.

You are a God among men.

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/30/19 4:30 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

That's the 345 iirc? I think the coolant pipes are just the "improved cooling" version. I'm not up to date on IH stuff yet. 

Looking at a project with a 392 in it..... 

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
11/9/19 10:30 a.m.

Just a bit more inspiration, this time from the Hot Wheels Legends tour.

Plenty of other fun and hilarious machinery (including a surprising number of truck-based creations) at the link: https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/11/07/2019-hot-wheels-legends-tour-makes-final-stop-at-sema

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
12/28/19 12:15 a.m.

1951 Chevrolet Dually Tanker Hot Rod Truck

Hope I'm not posting too many photos but every time I see a neat truck build I can't help but think of Ferdinand.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/10/11/hot-rod-hauler-pulls-off-unconventional-look

mazdeuce - Seth
12/28/19 5:02 a.m.

Nope, throw them in here. They're motivation for me. I need motivation. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
12/28/19 7:51 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Nope, throw them in here. They're motivation for me. I need motivation. 

You can do it!  We're all counting on you...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/28/19 7:55 a.m.

I am wearing my Ferdinand shirt today and sending motivational thoughts your way Seth

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
12/28/19 9:14 a.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
12/28/19 9:56 a.m.

There are tens, maybe even twenties of GRMers with Ferdinand T-shirts patiently watching and waiting. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/28/19 10:15 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I am wearing my Ferdinand shirt today and sending motivational thoughts your way Seth

This reminds me, my Ferdinand shirt gets more questions than most of my T-shirts, and folks are most always delighted by the story.

I swear the first reaction is that it's just abstract enough that they catch themselves thinking "It looks like a truck sniffing a flower, but that can't be it..."

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/28/19 2:53 p.m.

My Ferd shirt just went to Antarctica and back..  My GRM button-down shirt also made the trip, but so far can't find any pics of it.  Actually, so far this is the only Ferd shirt pic I've found- in Buenos Aires on the way south. 

It was a great conversation starter with some of the eccentric super-brain people on the trip. 

1 ... 70 71 72 73 74

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Joud9S8GN1vQCG6hPNxrYuGvukAyx1vqjNFVNZBn3UWzwS5MEWb9BtyIVCySMjx6