1 2 3 4
Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/17/17 9:50 p.m.

Beautiful build...unbelievable attention to detail.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/19/17 9:41 p.m.

Really wish I had more to update here, but honestly been having too much fun driving it to take it off the road and fix things.

Tis the season:

I also enjoyed the driving the Vic around so much prior to teardown and the driving dynamics of the truck, that I decided to buy another one for a daily beater. 

java230
java230 SuperDork
12/20/17 2:36 p.m.

All these threads make me want to do this.... There is a whole row of crown vics at the local auction lot.....

mikedd969
mikedd969 New Reader
12/22/17 10:00 p.m.

I love this whole idea!!  I really love the look of the 60's and early 70's Ford trucks (Owining a "highboy" someday is on my automotive bucket list) and let's face it, the Crown Vic is a great, proven, durable platform.  Properly looked after, they will run practically forever.  

Great job!!  Now I have another potential "future project" to daydream about.  Doing a similar swap with a Ranchero would be equally awesome, but those are hard to come by.....

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/28/17 11:50 a.m.

Found some video of the first time driving it around the hood:

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
10/30/18 9:46 p.m.

Ugh, didn't make the Challenge again this year thanks to work commitments, but I did manage to get a few hours done on the truck interior to make it look a bit more presentable.

Can't get vids to embed so here's the links:

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/8/19 9:29 a.m.

Little behind on updates, but last winter I got around to "finishing" up the bed:

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
11/10/21 8:21 p.m.

Holy crap can't believe it's been 2 years since I posted here. The bed and gauges are the last 2 major projects I did on the truck. Other than that it's just been an around-town driver, errand-runner, cruise-in cruiser, etc. The transmission started slipping a bit in OD under load, most likely due to a lack of a way to take it out of OD in the mountains of WV on the lemons rally. After installing an O/D off button it made it so around town driving in 3rd gear was acceptable, longer trips to Cars & Coffee Richmond were a bit more taxing, though. 

In the meantime I made 2 new videos for my youtube channel of a walkaround of the truck pointing out stuff and a driving video. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/21 8:59 a.m.

I love this so much. 

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
11/11/21 5:31 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

I love this so much. 

Thanks!!!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/11/21 5:36 p.m.

I'm planning this, but with a severely hopped up 300 I6.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
11/12/21 8:57 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

I'm planning this, but with a severely hopped up 300 I6.

That'd be fun. Don't see many I6's built up. I cheated with the "turn key" approach to the drivetrain.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DpXOnfgmFvEjPXCceyA0azEuePsAeP54daIayewRu9s7jnYxiYYc4dg2EzBxcatu