1 2
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
2/17/13 7:49 p.m.

ok, so three weeks later, im getting moving again. been going slow due to family, sick, and state audits at work. also had to rehab my brther in laws car, sold my old shop truck, bought my new shop truck, etc.

anyway, ive now had the heater box in and out WAY too many times. aggrevating. but i did get the kicks refinished (not great, but not an eyesore) got the harness routed, started figuring out the AC components and where they go, finding and installing switches, ordering parts, etc. lots of time with very little noticible progress.

so far, i really like the f-body painless harness. it follows the layout of the factory harness pretty well so far, has the headlight switch, AC switch, ignition switch, gauge cluster, etc pre-wired. wire lengths are plenty long for clean routing and general tidyness. its probably gooing to have to have some changes made to it though, as there are differences between the camaro and firebird pinouts on some things. but ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

also, been cleaning and painting a lot of parts on the days its nice enough to do so. we may also have a buyer for it. after he hears it run.

and as a side note, i DO NOT like the new photobucket.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/18/13 9:05 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: and as a side note, i

...am jealous of how clean this is.

Sorry to hear about sick fam, mine too. It's hard. I'm a big boy and don't care if I get sick, but it's not fair to the kids.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
2/18/13 9:59 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: and as a side note, i
...am jealous of how clean this is. Sorry to hear about sick fam, mine too. It's hard. I'm a big boy and don't care if I get sick, but it's not fair to the kids.

amen. or the wife.

i am also jealous of how clean and simple this is. especially after being under the drivabeater and this tonight.

test fired parts of the harness. so far, so good. also got a big shipment of parts in from the owner. real udate after real progress.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
3/2/13 9:22 p.m.

sorry for the long delay in updates.

when the owner dropped off the big pile of parts, he also dropped off a time bomb. origonanly he wanted the car back from me in april. he said he wants it on the road by april now. oh, crap. theres a long way to go.

i also, since then, have had the flu and been through hell at my day job with the state, LME, internal, and external audits. just a living hell....

anyway, theres a LOT of undocumented progress. short version: car is wired except for front clip. interior and HVAC system are done. fuel system is done cooling system is done. chassis and brakes are done. im tired.....

on to the pics: im hoping ride height settles a bit. this thing sits higher than it should. front suspension is at the top of its travel, springs indexed properly, etc. no reason, other than im thinking bog block AC springs.... and putting the HVAC system and firewall back together was a nightmare. rest wasnt too bad. still have to build my gauge panel where the radio cutout is, wire the front clip when its attached, break in the cam when the exhaust is hung, and wrap the harnesses in the engine bay/final tidying when everything else is done.

ive been at it HARD since thursday after work. s;ept about 6 hours since then. im going to bed now....

but i made it. he wanted it back for his final parts by the first of march. i told him it couldnt be done.....

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/2/13 9:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: but i made it. he wanted it back for his final parts by the first of march. i told him it couldnt be done.....

If you can get crap done that fast you're getting my truck.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gexEjbmCDAYAdwPqL5Mw5fYdHT9ZFuM4hVqFTmZso4A90Qyj8b5UNjoKcIFyUReX