1 2 3 4
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/17 9:51 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: That is terrible Pat. People really sucks sometimes. Did you ever get an upper control arm?
Had i known you needed upper control arms, i have a full set of upper and lowerthat i will GIVE you to get them out of storage.

this is for something else, that is under heavy secrecy right now(but i think i told you since we were in my truck for so long).

i have all new tubular a-body control arms.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
1/23/17 7:24 a.m.

Ok. Figured I'd offer

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/17 12:14 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

It's bad when you have so many secrets you can't remember who you told the secrets to.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/17 5:24 a.m.
Stampie wrote: And I thank you for getting get those axles loaded. They are heavy SOBs.

Yes they are! We deployed the Flannel Army and got 'er done.

Memorable quotes:

"Look what I can do!!'

'Work smarter, not harder!'. (Said multiple times)

'I only run red lights when you're in the car with me'.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/17 4:46 p.m.

It was 60+ today, this happened

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/18 1:43 p.m.

E36 M3 happening 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/13/18 1:48 p.m.

It appears that it is no longer shelf-velle!!!

Want me to come up and help when im done with my junk down here? I have a flux core and no fear of bodywork failure. 

Patrick
4/13/18 3:09 p.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
4/13/18 3:20 p.m.

That is a unique method for disconecting the exhaust headers.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/13/18 3:26 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Ive done it before. Sbc header bolts are a mfpita.

Patrick
4/13/18 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Yeah these headers are beat up on the bottoms.  Sawzall takes 5 minutes or bolts take an hour

here now.  Definitely going to pressure wash the bay and do some painting before 454 goes in.  It’s greasy.  To do that, the Forester needs finished and to get out of the way.  Ideally i’d be working on that right now but this 350 is going to a new home next Saturday so I had to jump back to the chevelle.  

Plans subject to change

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/18 4:35 p.m.
Patrick said:

Plans subject to change

QFT

Patrick
4/13/18 5:04 p.m.

2.5 hours fully installed to on the floor while simultaneously updating here, twitter, digging out Abby’s power wheels and charging it.   I’ve still got it.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
4/13/18 9:59 p.m.

Love it!  I forget what it looks like since all the photoberkit links are dead.  But still...fun times!

Patrick
4/13/18 10:24 p.m.

It’s kinda blue with a swiss cheese roof and trunk floor.  Also the front fenders are crap and the doors may have half a gallon of bondo each.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/18 1:38 p.m.
Patrick said:

It’s kinda blue with a swiss cheese roof and trunk floor.  Also the front fenders are crap and the doors may have half a gallon of bondo each.  

In other words, it's Ohio Cherry.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
4/15/18 8:20 a.m.

BBC Chevelle - happy, happy, happy

Patrick
4/15/18 9:49 a.m.

i was so tempted last night that i went out and emptied 3 cans of brake cleaner onto the crossmember in hopes i could get it clean and plop the 454 in.  it's apparent that the only correct way is to get it outside to the pressure washer before anything else happens.  then i can pull the ac box, inner fenders and all the suspension and paint the frame and firewall before putting all the shiny new bits on.  then they'll have to get covered well when bodywork begins.  I'm kinda in get it back running/driving mode so that it can be utilized as a vehicle again as well as move outside to sand and cut without me having to push it.  i've been hoarding all of our old tablecloths to cover the wheels and engine compartment while bodywork happens.  going to get it together keeping the stock rear axle for now because i'm not looking to spend $1000+ on a 9" limited slip 3.00-3.30ish rear center section.  I have the bolt in 9" housing with axles ready to go but 31 spline 9" centers aren't anywhere near as plentiful as 28 spline ones.

while the thread was hibernating, i picked up a pair of aftermarket sway bars front and rear for $25 each at summit racing on the clearance shelves as well as a brand new booster/MC combo for right about $75 i want to say.  Clearance rack also supplied $857.95 coated hooker super comp headers for $200.  

once dash is pulled I can make an assessment of the wiring, but as we sit I'm thinking about a universal harness with gm column plug because there really isn't much to wiring these cars that is specific besides the gauges.  it's only got a speedo and idiot lights anyway.  definitely planning on some sort of EFI down the road so will have to make sure circuits are available for that.  

Patrick
4/2/19 1:55 p.m.
fasted58 said:

That sucks, don't know why people would think they can put honest people through that kinda E36 M3.

That jackwad still needs that $250 in expenses plus interest taken outta his hide.... but he'll probably get what he deserves one day w/ his shady ways.

This is where things come full circle

drug guy got busted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gastongazette.com/news/20170829/two-men-accused-of-selling-heroin-and-meth%3ftemplate=ampart

I dug up later that he was convicted and is doing some pound-me-in-the-ass time.  So all good there.  

I sold the 454 and all big block parts to help fund the 57 chevy 210 purchase

this guy is now sitting next to the chevelle awaiting the just ordered oil pan and Jw ultra bell to install the bop th400 with cracked bellhousing that i got off grm member.  Goal is 5.3 swapped running with new fuel system for less than the 454 and associated bbc parts sold for.  I am now officially off my ass and working on the chevelle again, with the desire to have it be running and driving before starting back on the bodywork.  I’m not too proud to drive a car mid bodywork.  

Patrick
4/2/19 2:24 p.m.

Rattle can rustoleum because idgaf

look what i found under the wheel(never took them off) we don’t need no steenking bearing covers

Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/2/19 2:36 p.m.

Yay! 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/2/19 2:36 p.m.

I heard you mention this JW adapter to duster right as I was leaving on saturday and I thought to myself - I happen to have a skylark with a BOP trans (th350 though I think), I wonder if I could swap in a 5.3 ls with that same adapter...

You have more details on this jw ultra bell?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/2/19 2:38 p.m.

Repeat after me:

The car is not a shelf.

The car is more fun as a rolling restoration. 

The car is a driver, not showpiece. 

The car is what i want to OWN, not build.

Im happy to see the 5.3 going here. How did the torque converter finally come off?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/2/19 2:56 p.m.
Robbie said:

I heard you mention this JW adapter to duster right as I was leaving on saturday and I thought to myself - I happen to have a skylark with a BOP trans (th350 though I think), I wonder if I could swap in a 5.3 ls with that same adapter...

You have more details on this jw ultra bell?

I just looked it up - neat! basically cut off the bellhousing on the th350 or 400, then bolt the jw bell to the pump on the trans, and then bolt to LS block. 

So I take it you are planning to keep the fuel injection based on your vss thread? I need to watch what you do closely...

Patrick
4/2/19 3:04 p.m.

Robbie you’re correct.  Cut off bell, bolt to housing, bolt to engine.  Keeping injection.  I can standalone the harness for the cost of a small fuse block.  Plus carbs on ls engines miss the point entirely in my opinion.

michael, 5.3 still hanging on hoist, converter still attached.  Probably will plasma cut the flywheel around the bolt that rounded because I have a pile of stock ones and i’m using the aftermarket one drilled for standard th350/400 converters on this one.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J8ltkkQ9rJ7pdS1V02SdhFWjy8vfdmmgeSfvKScKA1CM6OY5ezsDKsqlJK9fmAzi