1 2 3
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
5/2/13 4:37 p.m.

I think they are just the normal Alpina look E21 wheels. They look good on there though.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
5/2/13 5:27 p.m.

Fantastic little car. Somewhat related to my little Envoy Epic (Vauxhall Viva HA). I had a set of rims like that for my Triumph Spitfire - I was told they were made by a company 100+.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
5/2/13 5:35 p.m.

I figured it out...the wheels are made by 100+ and this style is called Octavo. I didn't realize that 100+ was the company, I thought it was related to some dimension!

Bryce

Edit: Looks like Arthur beat me to the punch!

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
5/13/13 3:20 p.m.

As quickly as the Opel entered my life, it has now exited. There was a big car show downtown on Saturday morning that Portland Transmission puts on. I had the car all spiffed up and put a for sale sign in it before bringing it downtown and parking next to the show. I got a lot of interest and sold it when the bank opened this morning. I didn't think it would sell so quick, I'm still a little shocked!

Unfortunately, the guy who bought it doesn't seem too web savvy (he said he didn't have an email address...) so I expect it will disappear into the wild now. He's in Portland for the summer and said the car will likely go back to Traverse City, MI with him in the fall.

The buyer wanted the original 12" wheels much more than the 13" alloys and he didn't have to twist my arm too hard to get them; they'd be damn near impossible to find a complete set including hubcaps again and I hate to split them up from the car, considering its history. I still have the 13" alloys, probably put them on craigslist this week as they don't fit anything else that I own.

Mixed emotions on selling it...I knew when I bought this car it would be a hard one to let go of. After driving it for a while and doing back to back comparisons with the Kadett and our 122S (Amazon) wagon, we decided we still like the Volvo more. Similar vintage cars with similar capabilities, but the Volvo just seems to fit us a bit better and feels slightly more refined. I still need to thin the herd some more and it's always good to liquidate cash, but the Kadett was in such good shape and is such a funky car that I'm sad to see it go. I'm proud to have brought it back closer to its original luster and I really enjoyed learning with it.

Have a nice life, Opel Kadett!

Bryce

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/13/13 3:56 p.m.

Well you made some cash , had fun, and it left you better than you found it. Sounds good to me!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/13 4:16 p.m.

you missed a spot.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/13/13 5:43 p.m.

I will miss that little car.........

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/13/13 5:49 p.m.

Good job on improving it then passing it along.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/13/13 6:00 p.m.

This was a really cool thread and I will also miss seeing it pop up to the top with updates.
If there's any good part of this, it's that I summer in northern Michigan, so there is a very narrow chance that I could stumble on this car sometime in the future. I will hold hope in my heart.

KeliKadett
KeliKadett New Reader
4/23/14 9:09 a.m.

I ran across this thread last night, after I drove your Opel (still runs great). My husband saw it on the street yesterday, the gentleman you sold it to had a for sale sign in the window. We called this morning to make him an offer but were told his girlfriend just found out he was going to sell it and that it was one of her favorites...he couldn't get us off the phone fast enough. We'll give him a couple of days before we call back.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LvSNWCZQTzmy1fm7mTIrOuMWFPpyOPv7LowBZpvCiGlt09gkP7RvAHHWBgwmfMX0