1 2
Albeix
Albeix New Reader
1/29/17 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

"A Blast to drive" is an understatement! This fall once it was off the road I pulled the center section from the 8" Ford and had it rebuilt with a Clutch pack style limited Slip Differential. I considered changing up to 3:55 gears but in the end left the 3:00 Gears in place. As it is with the 3:00 gears it feels like you have been rear ended when I tip in the back two barrels.

Now that I have a known quality on the rear Diff with the LSD I plan to see what it will log as 0-60 and in the quarter. In as much as there are no race tracks around here within a days drive I will find an appropriate stretch of country road and use the Dynolicious iPhone App to obtain the times.

Will report results when I "git-er-done" in the spring.

daveman918
daveman918 New Reader
3/16/20 7:24 p.m.

Thanks for building such a great car! I'm doing a similar build and came across your post here while searching for information. So helpful what I found here - especially the elegantly simple motor mount solution and radiator spec. Can you tell me what exhaust headers you used on the vehicle? Also what was the oil pan that you ended up using? This doesn't seem to be readily available info on the internet. Appreicate it!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UoOySExheq1MaqMNU64ULGCY6Hk2D1rX6RPFLTzDOjRRrVmleMh5jWJWPHVIGgkv