1 2 3 4
VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
2/13/18 7:21 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Awesome! My goal is having her ready for the Thanksgiving rod run. Not sure we will make that goal, but hoping! 

VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
2/13/18 2:50 p.m.

Ok, I lied. Not done this week yet. 

Getting the Dry Break all settled in:

And started doing some wiring cleanup:

NickD
NickD UltraDork
2/13/18 5:30 p.m.

Not sure if you've settled on a paint scheme yet, but Richard Petty said in an interview that his '72-'74 Chargers were his favorite car that he raced. The Petty Blue/Granatelli Red scheme is also kind of an interesting twist.

VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
2/13/18 5:45 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Beautiful car!! I am actually leaning towards one of these two:

Or this:

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/13/18 6:00 p.m.

The 11 car. Hands down.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/13/18 6:15 p.m.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ HalfDork
2/13/18 9:02 p.m.
NickD said:

Not sure if you've settled on a paint scheme yet, but Richard Petty said in an interview that his '72-'74 Chargers were his favorite car that he raced. The Petty Blue/Granatelli Red scheme is also kind of an interesting twist.

I believe they ran them all the way up to '78.  The reason: these had better aero than the "aero" cars they replaced.  

VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
2/20/18 7:23 a.m.

Most of my days off this week have been spent between Ikea and turning a spare bedroom into the world's largest condo...for Barbie. My wife collects them and we all know the story about a happy wife! 

But I have managed to get the K member assembly back into swing:

Hopefully next week I'll have it back under the car. I have some little cleanup stuff left to do first and it's much easier when I can stand up in the engine bay!

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
2/20/18 3:42 p.m.

I'm really digging this build.  Not that you asked but I prefer the two tone paint jobs on the Charger race cars of that era.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
CYdkfx6AGyhtAnUnlDetBdoHGo8yDmwE