1 2
aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
7/23/15 2:58 p.m.

Dibs

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
7/23/15 4:07 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: So whos gonna be the first daredevil to waterski behind this thing? (not me!)

I maintain that I actually invented tubing behind just this set-up way back in 1982. Using nothing more than a ski-rope, a large truck inner tube and beer, I managed to get going about 50 mph before things got very interesting and anti-gravitational. For some reason the fist 50 feet on take-off, the tube goes underwater. Keeping the water out of the beer at take-off and landing was the technical challenge.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/15 6:11 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: So whos gonna be the first daredevil to waterski behind this thing? (not me!)

Just don't be like this.

https://youtu.be/K3Iv9okL4QU?t=16

chiodos
chiodos Reader
7/23/15 8:14 p.m.

70mph or bust I see, needs the typical up swept "dry" headers! No jet boat is complete without them. They even got them on ebay now super cheap.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/23/15 6:17 p.m.

Dry headers are out, the original engine cover is very rare and staying, no exhaust burns when getting in or out for this guy.

Engine is built and part way back into the boat, a staffing issue is slowing progress but it should be sorted, including Nitrous, for Spring.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
12/23/15 10:21 p.m.

Looks like a blast. I've always wanted an old jet boat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0NJ6UlSvOomfzQ4FPm6vD1oNVJab4V46u5abvufa03oKxTpD4AMk3JwLB7zVwrQJ