Eurotrash
Eurotrash
12/2/12 9:49 p.m.

Figured id start my intro to the forum with a "build" thread.

Got my 5.0 swapped 325e in dec of last year. Its been a long process but im finally getting to a point where everything runs well and im starting to look into doing bushings and making sure everything outside of the engine is sorted. Anyways on the the years worth of progress.

On the trailer for its ride home in all of her terrible testerossa kit glory. I also wrestled up a set of super cheap oz knock offs The same night.

The lump waiting to come out

It took a few months but i got all the bumper surounds and an es spoiler sourced

It took about an extra $1k to finally get all the accesorys and conversion stuff for the new 302. Turns out it was an early falcon engine so it was a 3 bolt 28oz crank engine which meant i had to ball all new accesorys and acc. Mounts. I also wound up using a summit billet serp mount setup and cutting the spacers down to work with the new ford motorsport vbelt underdrive pullys.I then had to buy a conversion 28oz flywheel to mount the old style engine to the newer 10.5 diaphram clutch and t5. Now lit looks real nice. Silver lining after having to buy a s 2nd set of the stuff i already had

All buttoned up

had to get tricky with the exhaust. its 2.5 -single 3" all mandrel. i added anouther ovalized section back to the axel and thats where it currently ends until i can get the extra cash to finish

some where in that mixup i managed to swap in some billy sports and some cosmo coils then Took it to an event for a shake down and it didnt do real awesome. the edelbrock i had on it was crap for sliding and as i found out later a rear end link had come loose and was causing the front end to push everywhere. allowed me to figure everything out though and it has since been fixed.

swapped in a holley 650 double pumper with all the wedge floats and jet extensions, fixed the rear sway endlinks, and swapped a 4.10 rearend into it and ill be going back out this weekend to run at the local drift school and open drift.

also currently building this along with getting ready to chop out the core support so i can run a new rad/fan/ducting setup. ill be picking up an adj rear subframe in the next month or so too.

went down and picked up the required fittings to clean up the plumbing a bit.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/3/12 7:51 a.m.

Most of your pictures no workie for me.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
12/3/12 10:05 a.m.

Fixed it

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
12/10/12 11:22 p.m.

Looks like fun, any videos? I'd love to hear it..

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
12/11/12 8:41 a.m.

Ive got a couple but i cant get anything to post.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/11/12 9:09 a.m.

NIce.

You'll have to just post the link, can't embed videos.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
12/11/12 12:15 p.m.

In reply to m4ff3w:

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user/87a2cruiser/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0937.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
2/25/13 9:41 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_Z42V0LTk&sns=em

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
2/26/13 2:16 a.m.

Car looks great, you getting that adjustable subframe from a guy down here near Portland? He is about 15 minutes from me, so if you drive that beast down here let me know. I'd love to check out your swap in person!

Josh

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
2/26/13 8:43 a.m.

Thanks its been alot of work. its robb @ godspeed fab in auburn

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/26/13 12:51 p.m.

Neat car. If it's an early falcon engine, then it would be a 260 or a 289, which means you have a 343i or a 347i.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
2/27/13 11:16 a.m.

Meant its an early 3 bolt crank 302 from a falcon.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
2/28/13 8:40 a.m.

6al all wired in. Got a 2 step but no clutch switch so that'll have to wait. Much snappier and crisp throughout the revs. Maybe picked up a bit of power also.

Other eccentric bolt from dinan showed up today so camber adj is ready. Gonna try out e39 eccentrics for the toe adj. we'll see if they'll work w/ the dinan tabs. Once ive got my bolt figured out and some trailing arm bushings the swap out will begin.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
5/26/13 2:01 p.m.

little update

apearently the old man across the street is a terrorist and hates burnouts so i told him i wouldnt "test" new parts in front of my house anymore. knowing i had to tear the e30 down i wanted to do one last one.....

shop burnout

then she went on a diet so we could fit the alum rad and taurus fan

basicly the finished product,

ill be running the 2 speed taurus fan using the volvo 2 speed controler and a bmw 2 speed thermo switch.

i need to cut out a bit of the front spoiler to fit with the rad but now im gonna move onto the rear subframe. i bought the e39 trailing arm bolt but the dinan stuff is way bigger so im just gonna have to fork out the $ for the last 2 toe adjustment eccentric bolts.

once im done with that ill be moving on to chassis electrical. prob going to pick up an arc8000 switch setup and run everything off of that.

Eurotrash
Eurotrash New Reader
6/23/13 1:29 p.m.

Exhaust is all finished up. 2.5-3" single with oval piping and a borla.

The cable clutch is killing me. I need to convert to hydro asap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2hB7UPWEP27kOlxIUI1om3PE3TJTKcB1qOo1WSL7gnOb7OLFxEcQKFJugFUjKlEy