1 ... 13 14 15
BigD
BigD Reader
11/11/18 9:43 p.m.

Bodywork nastiness done, back to the fun stuff. The essentials are done, if I hook up the battery and ground strap, it has what it needs to run. Now on to the sensors, chassis functions and then canbus gear. The grounding block turned out great, just as I imagined. It's so nice to route grounds without the stupid ring terminals.

BigD
BigD Reader
11/13/18 7:21 a.m.

So annoying how labour intensive this stuff is but starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. 3 weeks left, hoping to wrap up wiring this week. Going to try to leave a minimum number of things as "wireless" for the show (like all the bluetooth driveshafts at SEMA), maybe just the diff oil pump if I don't get around to it.

Sad to see my ghetto water pressure gauge go but wiring in these new sensors is so exciting. It made me realize how happy this stuff makes me which would have been about a zero not that long ago when I had no experience with anything else. Now that I've worked with these VDO spade connectors, traditional wire and stuff, now to be using proper crimped on connectors from AEM and Tefzel wire, it's almost drool worthy. But I also realize you have to have lived the alternative to appreciate it. Oh well.

BigD
BigD Reader
11/14/18 7:22 a.m.

Trudging forward. I was conflicted about what to do about the wires going back into the engine bay for auxiliaries (lights, ABS, fans, boost valve etc) and the best solution would be a bulkhead but the only good ones I saw were Autosport and I wasn't interested in paying a grand by the time I was done buying the connectors/parts and crimper. Then a friend told me about this bulkhead he had used before which is excellent quality and normal DTM style pins. A lot of work but so satisfying!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/15/18 7:27 a.m.

So what brand of bulkhead is that?

BigD
BigD Reader
11/15/18 8:32 a.m.

It's not branded as far as I can see but I got it here:

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=rcs-051

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/15/18 10:36 a.m.