1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/18 11:53 a.m.

i dunno, cam seems kinda small...

totally kidding, of course.   that's gonna be a pretty rowdy car when it's all together.   congrats on the progress so far!

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk New Reader
5/8/18 9:18 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Stock currently haha. But also open header and struggling to idle. Hahahah. It needs tuned for sure. But it runs! 

AngryCorvair
5/9/18 11:05 a.m.
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Stock currently haha. But also open header and struggling to idle. Hahahah. It needs tuned for sure. But it runs! 

i thought the rump-rump-rump was .700" lift and 320* duration.   maybe next time...  :-)

Mikiedriftsjunk
5/27/18 9:39 p.m.

ok, here is where we are at. im getting really close to buttoning up the car for running and driving.. it will still need several things outside but ill worry about that later on. 

I have coolant hoses figured out and routed, Fan relay wiring harness built, fans and radiator installed, i even sat down and fixed the fins on the radiator 

Mikiedriftsjunk
5/27/18 9:46 p.m.

I finished up the brake booster line, the rear half of the exhaust, then dropped the rear subframe out to rebuild it with all new poly bushings. I also got my new brake lines in!

Mikiedriftsjunk
5/27/18 9:49 p.m.

On to the subframe. i didnt get alot of pictures because burning the bushings out leaves your hands pretty nasty haha .. 

all new bushings and diff mounts, as these were shot. I was relived to see that the torque tube teeth were still good as well. Also ill be rebuilding the axles. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:00 p.m.

Its been a minute since ive updated this.. so here we go. 

Axles are in! rebuilt and finished up! 

I also got the suspension in and installed, pretty happy with all that as well. 

I got the heater hoses mocked up and fitted to the car. I try to do less talking and more pictures, no one cares what i have to say anyway haha. 

CV axles

Heater hoses!

Suspension 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:04 p.m.

Once i had all that done i figured it was time to let my buddy mark take a look at the tune and get it dialed in for me. With the help of the guys at  haltech when stuff started acting funny we got it all figured out.. but first she needed a bath!

First time seeing sunlight in very long time... 

All clean!

I slapped the fenders back on and got it loaded up to see the dyno!

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:07 p.m.

DYNO TIME! I actually hate dynos, it seems so harsh to hear the car just taking a beating while sitting still.. nothing compared to actually driving it haha. 

I was pretty happy with the numbers the car made.. but then... then the clutch slipped.. and that made me not so happy.. so ill be replacing that soon i believe.. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/16/18 8:16 p.m.

Saw this on IG super awesome! Great work man

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
7/16/18 8:35 p.m.

mikiedrift junk said:  "no one cares what i have to say anyway "

Wrong, it helps to explain your thought process and the physical process for your readers. If you think you don't write so well don't worry about it, this forum is one of the most welcoming and helpful I have ever seen.

Oh and BTW about the dyno run -- "Nice!" That thing is going to be a handful! laugh

I agree its hard to watch a car being pushed hard and not moving. I cringe watching dyno videos waiting for something to explode.

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:42 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

thanks man!

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:43 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

youre right though.. for me though thre is alot of info that gets lost in too much talk.. If people were asking questions id go more in depth with the answers. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/16/18 8:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair
7/17/18 11:21 p.m.

Glad to see an update on this one!  Man, it sounds great!

Go_Gators
Go_Gators GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/19/18 7:31 a.m.

going through your thread for the first time. nice work! the header build looked like a major PITA.  keep it up, great reason for taking it on!

yupididit
7/19/18 7:53 a.m.

This makes me want to get my Conquest and put it back together. I would love to LS swap it but I do not have it in me to do that much work to get it to fit. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/19/18 8:06 a.m.

I am sot of embarrassed that I have not seen this and delighted that it's here.

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/19/18 10:47 p.m.

In reply to Go_Gators :

Thanks man. I appreciate that. It's for a good cause. But at the same time something I always wanted so it's win win! 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/19/18 10:48 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

It's a hell of a lot of work that's for sure! But I think it's truly going to be worth it! 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/19/18 10:48 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

Well you're here now! Pull up a chair. Grab a brew. Hotdogs be coming off the grill in a minute! Hahaha

yupididit
7/20/18 11:03 a.m.
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

In reply to yupididit :

It's a hell of a lot of work that's for sure! But I think it's truly going to be worth it! 

I was thinking LFX but I wonder if it would require mods to the steering bits too. Maybe I'll just put a 1UZ back in it. 

HikerDan
HikerDan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/20/18 4:22 p.m.

Wow, it sounds fantastic!!! Great job!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/18 5:25 p.m.

This is great!!!!  

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
7/20/18 6:29 p.m.

Don’t sweat the clutch.  It seems dyno time and ls setups seem to munch clutches frequently. Mine croaked a clutch last time she was on the rollers as well.  Build is coming along great.  Wonder how most of the paint would respond to a cut and buff?

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dlUW7Uf1t0mJZyuEwSrglMXOB262Cwn8TucIl5XC5o4etI1af34zycX4dBDE7yAY