1 2 3 4
speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
11/10/17 1:37 p.m.

How does a guy make suedo motorsports quality wiring harness with zero experience? Search the internet a ton and then use cheap rope ROFL

And this is how I mounted the fuse panel and ecu

Here is how the car is sitting as of now while I work on the cars wiring harness

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
11/10/17 1:41 p.m.

Oh and I found this picture that is more up to date for how the engine bay is. I actually had to relocate the radiator due to it interfering with how I wanted to make the headlights work. In this picture you can actually see me making the engines wiring loom template with the rope lol.

barefootskater
barefootskater New Reader
11/10/17 2:14 p.m.

In reply to speedyquest :

That is genius. If I ever have to make another harness from scratch, heaven forbid, I'm totally stealing this method. Beautiful work.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
11/10/17 5:08 p.m.

Awesome tip on the rope! I'll be using that on the 944 harness for sure.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
11/10/17 10:56 p.m.

But you HAVE to use the same wallpaper for it to work!!!

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
11/15/17 10:57 a.m.
mbruneaux said:

But you HAVE to use the same wallpaper for it to work!!!

Haha yea that is a very important part of the process. Ugly ass wallpaper!

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
5/31/18 5:43 p.m.

It's been awhile since I've updated you guys on the project so here we go...

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
5/31/18 9:13 p.m.

As you can see in the pictures I finished my rally headlight setup but haven't yet modified the hood. I have to adjust the height of the headlights etc but I won't know exactly where to until the hood is done. Otherwise I've been working on wiring the car including an MS3-Pro, Stack dash, and all the other stuff like lights etc. I'm very much enjoying it.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
8/16/18 11:29 a.m.

Well another long overdue update, I got the car road worthy and started roughly tuning it. Lots of work has gone into getting it this far but I've been taking less photos as of late and instead just focusing on working on the car. But here are a few I snapped.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
8/16/18 11:44 a.m.

Really neat project! Love the modifications and approach...probably because it feels a lot like how I like to do stuff. Keep up the good work.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/18 11:48 a.m.

thru-hood exhaust FTW!

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/16/18 4:20 p.m.

You sir have one of the most tastefully modified StarQuests I've ever seen.  Quick question for you. What is that gauge cluster you have in the car in your most recent post?

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
8/16/18 8:02 p.m.
Ram50Ron said:

You sir have one of the most tastefully modified StarQuests I've ever seen.  Quick question for you. What is that gauge cluster you have in the car in your most recent post?

Thanks man, I appreciate that very much. As for your question it's a Stack digital dash.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
8/17/18 8:45 a.m.

The hood "should" be finished up by tomorrow and therefore fully realizing the front end change. Geez I hope it doesn't look silly!

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
8/19/18 8:28 a.m.

Like most things in life, the hood took more time than I expected. But here we are!

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
8/19/18 9:14 p.m.

That looks much better, almost finished.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
8/21/18 12:29 p.m.

I drove it to work today. The car out in the wild!

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
11/5/18 11:38 a.m.

Well like always I just keep forgetting to update this with any real good information or pictures so... idk here is a photo dump from the last few months.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
11/5/18 12:37 p.m.

Looks great! 

Are those some kind of home-brewed turbo fan? Whatever they are I dig them. 

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
11/5/18 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

Thanks dude! They are custom made turbo fans from a dude in Belgium :)

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
1/6/19 4:19 p.m.
speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
1/6/19 4:19 p.m.

I figured I'd write up a small update for you guys in case anyone was interested. Its 2019 now and the car is tucked away for the winter but I'm guessing most of you understand that this crazy obsession we have doesn't go dormant. I've been quite busy with plans, buying and selling things, and even a tiny bit of time spent working on little things on the car. So far I've installed a short throw shifter, spent some time wiring up the antilag stuff, and buttoned up a few small details on the interior.

Whats next you ask? Well here are a few things that I'm sure of at this point...

1) More effort to decrease intake temps. This will happen with a turbo blanket, a cold air box for the intake, coatings or wraps for the intercooler piping, vents, etc
2) More power! I just ordered a Greddy TD05h 20g and will be installing that. You might ask why go with such a small hotside, but I will elaborate on that later.
3) A different exhaust setup. Yep, I'm making something a bit more passenger friendly. I'd prefer to not have people hate riding in my car so an aluminum fender exit exhaust is in the very near future.
4) Corner weigh the car. This is something I'm very looking forward to and will tie into the next item on the list. Basically without this info I can't make anymore serious changes to the car.
5) Fiberglass hood & fenders. This will effect the cars weight front to back which is why I'll need to know where all my weight is. This won't be easy but I'm motivated
6) IF and this is a big if, the cars front to back weight allows for it without making things crazy front heavy I plan on making the rear glass lexan.... This is a huge maybe lol, for all I know my rear end is probably already way to light.

Anyway, this is the roadmap for 2019. Its possible all this won't happen but without a plan you don't have anything to strive for right? I get asked a lot "What are you planning on doing with this?" and my answer always is drive it. But I believe this year I will actually attempt to autocross it. I've also made a few friends in the drift community and would love to attempt that too.

Its going to be an exciting year :) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/6/19 6:58 p.m.

Starions are gorgeous 

i would love a red one 

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
2/26/19 1:45 p.m.

We are almost into March and things are going to start ramping up pretty soon. I've been purchasing parts needed for the list of things the car will have done to it. Before any of that can really start though I need to complete the move into the new work space. I should have all that done in roughly a week. After I'm settled the next thing will be both getting the car corner weighed along with purchasing myself a TIG welder. That will be important for things further down the list.

Anyway, I'm going to try posting here more and get a bit more into this community. I think there is a lot of value to be found not just in the topics but in the people.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
2/26/19 5:05 p.m.

Keep it coming!!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4BzT0sIon4Le3NE6CefNdQsZrsRLe9EnyMaYIxCUeuoAgBL2f7o0oA7SxF7YSFPq