1 ... 10 11 12 13 14
Mezzanine
Mezzanine Reader
8/19/15 12:50 a.m.
chiodos wrote: 10.8 is way too rich, get her to 11.5 AT LEAST..12 is about good for turbo. Best way to lean it out? More boost, duh.

While this might sound like sketchy internuts advice, it is actually correct. Waay too rich. Add boost.

f6sk
f6sk Reader
12/5/15 7:43 p.m.

Help me figure this out. Listen to my engine/exhaust noise in this video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/843RQCEVz3k

Is that detonation? I'm hitting 13.3 AFR at WOT.

Previously I had the timing off by a tooth. Now, that I've corrected my timing issue I have this intense vibration and noise -only during wide open throttle. I changed my coil and my plugs, still the same.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
12/5/15 9:23 p.m.

13.3 is too lean, could be detonation, I'll listen to the video when I can but if it sounds like marbles or penny's in a tin can yes it's detonation.

Edit, just watched the video, it's hard to tell from the exhaust it's the engine itself that pings (literally the engine is like a big bell). It could be ignition breakup or anything really it's hard to tell what's going on

pvupilot
pvupilot New Reader
1/8/16 1:40 p.m.

Came across this thread and didn't know there were others out there with the good old I-Marks! I drive an '88 Isuzu I-Mark LS Turbo (4 door) daily. I loved reading through your progress! Not too sure if there is a market for these but I would love to sell mine to someone who also wants to "restore" one! Mine runs great just the paint needs to be redone and the original clutch is starting to wear out. Anyways, thought I would share a few pictures of my bulletproof I-Mark with you guys!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/8/16 1:50 p.m.

I never knew they made 4 doors...much less PURPLE ones!

pvupilot
pvupilot New Reader
1/8/16 1:54 p.m.

Haha! Yes, it's purple-ish. Kind of a maroon/purple mix.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
1/8/16 4:25 p.m.

Ok then, where are you located?

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/8/16 7:48 p.m.

The four door ones look like little Volvos and come with turbos! Handling by Lotus and 4 doors!

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/8/16 7:50 p.m.

JDM Gemini (I-Mark)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/16 7:57 p.m.
f6sk wrote:

Not to derail a great thread, but why don't people in new houses ever paint the garage? Don't the tape seams drive you nuts?

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/12/16 8:25 p.m.

What drove me nuts was having to do something with all the garage junk in order to paint. So, I never did it.

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/12/16 8:26 p.m.

The Isuzu I-Mark getting some love on Youtube (not mine). This one was just bought on E-Bay for $4450. https://www.youtube.com/embed/HxsVtGs5new

pvupilot
pvupilot New Reader
1/13/16 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

Utah!

I had the hose that connects the pipe from the turbo to the exhaust crack on me this week. I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement. Does anyone know of places that would sell something like this for the I-Mark? Or even if there is a place that would custom make one? It's an odd hose... To see what exactly I'm talking about, the video posted above shows a good close up of it at the 1:51 mark!

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/13/16 8:51 p.m.

need more information. I may have one.

Post you car on the isuzone facebook page. there is only one other 4door active member. https://www.facebook.com/groups/isuzuimpulse/

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/15/16 10:37 p.m.

For Christmas I splurged and spent almost $100 over paying for some new custom fitted floor mats. The nice thing is that they are truly specific to the I-Mark. They cover every square inch of the floor and mold around the bumps in the frame. Very nice. I want to get an I-Mark logo patch made that I can glue on like the original floor mats.

I also ordered some new springs. My original ones were from a cheap e-bay coil-over kit to fit a Honda. The price was right, but the springs had too much slop, and would fall out of their perches at full droop. Plus they were way too stiff. They would rattle your teeth going over bumps. And still it wasn't low enough. frsports.com has a good price the helper springs ($68). They expand to 3 inches and are rated at 25lbs. So, they keep tension on my main spring. But, they are an inch thick when full compressed, so I had to shorten my main spring to compensate. The best price I could find for coil-over springs was http://www.racingsprings.com/ (137.25 shipped) they had an assortment of lengths and weights. I selected a 5 inch spring at 225lbs. (Stock spring is 111lbs)

I'll give it a test drive tomorrow and see how she does. Next up is making my own custom front strut tube and koni insert, and some rear adjustable springs.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/16/16 9:00 p.m.

Neat! I had never heard of those before.

pvupilot
pvupilot New Reader
1/29/16 12:06 a.m.

In reply to f6sk:

"need more information. I may have one."

So I took a few pics of the hose/part I'm looking for:

I've looked everywhere I can think of and have had no luck. The cracks in the hose is robbing a lot of the engines performance. Any help would be awesome!

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
1/29/16 7:54 a.m.

Why not go silicone?

https://www.frozenboost.com/intake-pipe-reducer/?osCsid=b944cf437c602686ffc343b3ef0c008a

f6sk
f6sk Reader
1/31/16 5:57 p.m.
mbruneaux wrote: Why not go silicone? https://www.frozenboost.com/intake-pipe-reducer/?osCsid=b944cf437c602686ffc343b3ef0c008a

Yes! silicone is the answer. They don't make those anymore. A member of the isuzone.org site used a silicone one just like he recommends. BUT you have to use a heat gun to heat it up to get it to mold to that odd shape.

jonathan62019
jonathan62019 New Reader
5/1/16 9:59 p.m.

I need that tube too. Right now i a used a roll of electrical tape. Seems to be holding up fine. Lol im sure you fixed it by now. What did you use? Im going to run an intercooler i stole off an 88 thunderbird so i wont have to go from a big end to such a small end like the stock one does. Its down right now. Pulled intake tube off of turbo and is was spitting oil out like crazy.

jonathan62019
jonathan62019 New Reader
5/1/16 10:04 p.m.

In reply to f6sk:

I wonder why yours says 12 valve lol mine says turbo on the valve cover.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/1/16 11:42 p.m.

So what's the status of this car?

f6sk
f6sk Reader
6/5/16 8:16 p.m.

Right now the car is down. I'm re-sealing the rack. I've also purchased some Konis for the front and some steel tubing to make custom adjustable struts with coil-overs.

I've also been getting plain frustrated with the project. I'm tired of working on it and just want to drive. So, I've taken a temporary sanity break and started playing disc golf for fun.

@jonathan62019... My valve cover is different because I did a motor swap from a 1.5 to a 1.6.

f6sk
f6sk Reader
6/17/16 8:16 p.m.

Did some work on the exhaust. When I first installed my ex system I was forced to use a larger muffler. The outlet from the muffler was just a bit off. So, it melted my bumper a bit. I used some left over pieces to make an offset tip.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/16 8:48 a.m.

Still a great car, and thread. Carry on.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zTYmEqBSnfv32HudqbNf97KIJYWi527IzrV5JK5tPbJOsVBlrK3EGG5QSNzFs05j