1 2
stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
3/31/14 3:57 p.m.

Also found out the turbo is a turbo coupe unit , I thought it looked huge for a stock application , the crossover tube is going to need some re-working , I hope the bottom end is unscathed and then I will replace headgaskets and possibly add at LEAST larger injectors , roll back the boost to 5/6 psi and see where I stand then

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
3/31/14 5:13 p.m.

Can we get some turbo smarty dudes in on this? I think this sounds like boost surge city just waiting to break loose.

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
3/31/14 9:09 p.m.

Like boost creep ?

Either way I'm looking into a few tasteful gauges to get rid of some unwanted flash inside the car , like oil pressure / temp , coolant temp and vac-boost , thinking vdo vs stack vs ... Others ? And any ideas on inexpensive fuel management that'll work without needing Bill nye ? Is it worth investing in gt40 or 40p heads in this type of application ? Also , I'm trying to find good mustang forums that aren't ancient and good turbo forums , I've been taking a break for a few years from the turbo cars , thanks guys , used car part classifieds as well

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/1/14 10:37 p.m.

Turbo coupe turbo are you sure? If its from a 4 cyl turbo they never came in .70 unless its a t3/t4 hybrid? Turbo coupes came with a smaller IHI turbo than SVOs and XR4Tis.

You need to change your breather, get a catch can, you dont want to spray oil on the hot side of your engine.

Bigger injectors only help with more fuel flow (fuel pump) and more engine management to control pulse width, cheap ideas here are TRE or Walbro or certain high flow JY pumps and MegaSquirt or equivalent cheap DIY EMS if you want to actually tune and know what your engine is doing.

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/2/14 11:23 a.m.

Yeah I'll take a better pic of the turbo , and the car has a walbro 255 pump , I may just get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator meanwhile , I'm scared of stand one like mega squirt lol and the breather is getting replaced by an oil cap Edit ; the turbo is a t04b ....

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
4/2/14 2:27 p.m.

I think me and Stealthfighter1 may be long lost brothers. I recently traded a perfectly fine 1 ton diesel dually for a supercharged 78 Chevy prostreet truck "project".

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/2/14 7:31 p.m.
stealthfighter1 wrote: Yeah I'll take a better pic of the turbo , and the car has a walbro 255 pump , I may just get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator meanwhile , I'm scared of stand one like mega squirt lol and the breather is getting replaced by an oil cap Edit ; the turbo is a t04b ....

T04b makes more sense, is internally or externally wastegated? And make sure you vent your heads and crankcase to a catchcan, don't just cap them off, you dont want to pressurize either, oil blowing and messed up seals aren't fun. Rising rate fuel fpr might get you there for lower boost but when you want to turn it up its not a good idea...

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/2/14 7:53 p.m.

Yeah I'm thinking of putting an oil catch can , the turbo is externally wastegated , has. 10lb spring in the wastegate ,I thought of using 36lb ford injectors and a max of 5psi ... Or putting gt40 heads and headers and staying NA

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/6/14 10:30 a.m.

So , drastic change of plans .... I traded the car for a CLEAN coupe . 4cyl auto all stock , down to the tape player ... I have an sr20det back home in fl ....

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
4/6/14 10:41 a.m.

Sounds like a good way to deal with all that. What year is the coupe?

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/6/14 5:38 p.m.

The car is a 93

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
4/6/14 6:07 p.m.

Couple of SR20 motors will fetch a premium a week before race wars...

Sorry, I had to!

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
4/6/14 10:19 p.m.

Nice! You could take that all sorts of directions. Good luck!

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/7/14 7:18 a.m.

this is the new car , plans ... ???

RossD
RossD PowerDork
4/7/14 7:52 a.m.

Nice. I'd toss my Zetec into that thing...

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
4/7/14 4:39 p.m.

I'd daily drive that thing...

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
4/7/14 4:47 p.m.

I'm wondering what other engines would bolt to that trans without custom fab work (or very little). Duratec? Zetec? Something with an aluminum block as well as head with four cylinders in a row, basically.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
4/7/14 4:50 p.m.

If you're going to put a different brand of engine in there to hurt people's heads, go for broke and put in a 2JZ-GTE. Or a rotary.

Oh, wait, this is GRM.

Put a Jag V12 in it.

Opti
Opti New Reader
4/7/14 7:56 p.m.

SVO turbo setup, or put a stock 5.0 and 5 speed in it and sell it for profit. Around here clean notches wtih 5.0 5 speed fetch a premium.

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
4/7/14 9:33 p.m.

Honestly I'd love to do an sr20det but it kinda fizzing away as my love of torque corrupts my dream, and the previous turbo 331 setup has given me a taste of crazy ... At this point making up a plan of action and the collection of parts is where this needs to go , a 5.0 / t5 / 8.8 would probably be the least expensive and most feasible . I'd like something that keeps the weight of the car close to what the weight on the title states , 2700lbs , and a 4 cyl would probably be the best for that . But an Ls based engine and a t56 would be a dream , as well as an irs 8.8 from a t-bird or mk8... Ugh decisions ....

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/7/14 9:52 p.m.

Pony rims or turbines, 5.0, t5, 8.8, good suspension and brakes, dehaze the front lights, clay, polish, wax the paint, steam clean under hood, clean interior, fix all electrical issues, put the windows down and cruise...

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/7/14 9:53 p.m.

I say you should put a small turbocharger on it.

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
4/7/14 10:49 p.m.

I am just gonna leave this right here

a taste of crazy

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
5/4/14 9:34 p.m.

I haven't been doing anything to this , only things I've done is an oil change and driving it. I got these wheels for free the other day, I wanted a set of these ever since I was a kid and all the hotwheels had these on them , I need to find one more 15x8 for the rear though ...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lsOzbxBnoXWkr8uKZiLeW1uZhouCVaJP4d0xuEHZ1tXxbNNHvAE8AT9AUnUEHVQt