NWP_SWP
NWP_SWP
10/17/18 8:23 p.m.

Howdy, I'm new to this here forum, I'm about to embark on my first engine build.

The Car, well it's a 93 F150 XLT SuperCab, 302 (5.0 to the metric folks) with an E4od transmission, as of the next oil change (in about 2k miles) it will have 170k miles on it. It currently my daily, but I hope to get something smaller and sportier (like a Fox Mustang or 280z)  for daily driving and the truck will become my hotrodding mobile.

My plan is to do a 351w with a 3.85 Crank, so now 387 CI, FRPP GT40x heads, a SVT Cobra GT40 upper (will require a 90* and 45* elbows to bring throttle body into alignment, which will give that area a "toilet" P/S bend look),  and the oh so hard to find 351w GT40 lower. Pacesetter S bend headers, dual crossover, dual high flow Cats, twin Cherry Bomb M80s followed by 1-2 CB Extremes, and quad side pipes, two out each side. A centrifugal supercharger, air to water intercooler. All mated with another E4od, I'm also going to have to do a Mass Air conversion.

Well that's about everything, this I going to be my first build so I'm going to need a LOT of help and advice.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise New Reader
10/17/18 8:37 p.m.

Pics?

NWP_SWP
NWP_SWP New Reader
10/17/18 8:56 p.m.

No pics, haven't started yet, still hunting down an engine.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/17/18 9:16 p.m.

Looking forward to following along as a fellow obs guy. 

NWP_SWP
NWP_SWP New Reader
10/19/18 7:47 p.m.

So today I changed the front brake pads, I need a new rotor for the passenger side so I'll go ahead and do the Lightning brake upgrade when it needs pads again.

Kasstastrophy
Kasstastrophy New Reader
10/19/18 7:59 p.m.

I love the Sound of the Pypes M80's, especially on the 4.6L motors.... so much that my Grand Marquis has them!

NWP_SWP
NWP_SWP New Reader
10/19/18 10:14 p.m.

When it all said and done my truck will be quite the hot rod, its Reef Blue from the factory, I'm going to get it repainted that but with Twilight Blue stripes and Bimini Blue pinstriping and a shaker scoop off a Torino, maybe a (steel) cowl hood, theres obs I stumbled across that doesn't look ridiculous, a rear cab spoiler off a Bronco, a sunvisor, and perhaps a tailgate spoiler, IF I can find one that looks good.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/20/18 12:16 a.m.

I'm interested in seeing this. Kinda sad day, I had to trade my 9th gen F150 in. The rust was making it more expensive to maintain than it would be to replace it. I sure did learn a lot about replacing the E36 M3 that rusts off the frame. Good luck!

NWP_SWP
NWP_SWP New Reader
11/16/18 9:05 p.m.

Hello folks,

I've got a line on a engine, $450 for a 96 roller block in Zachary which is the next town over from me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GIBAwY0Vj9tRda75v9L6Le0eYtr0ltRqMkbsMcXKYykWrZHBAykLPW0ZlQRUyHMr