jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
10/6/19 8:08 p.m.

Definitely looks good

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/6/19 8:17 p.m.

Awwww yeah Cold Lotion in the houuusee

What I meant was, it's not that RPF1s look good on everything, it's that they make everything look good

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/6/19 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

Is that blue or purple? Either way, I'm jealous.

Also does anyone have any Probe fog light assemblies they don't need anymore, mine are no longer present on the car cheeky

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/6/19 8:30 p.m.

The color I believe is Boysenberry Blue

My PGT has factory fogs but I'm upgrading I could probably make a deal if you want stockers.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/6/19 8:44 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Depends on where you look. Spots that still have clear coat look purple, and spots where the clear has peeled off look blue lol

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/6/19 8:59 p.m.
jdogg said:

The color I believe is Boysenberry Blue

My PGT has factory fogs but I'm upgrading I could probably make a deal if you want stockers.

Sweet. I'll reach out to you after the challenge, my budget is stretched thin this month lol.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/6/19 9:01 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

In reply to slowbird :

Depends on where you look. Spots that still have clear coat look purple, and spots where the clear has peeled off look blue lol

Heh, nice. I thought it might be the way the lighting is reflecting off the fender as well.

I'm still holding out hope of finding a Wild Orchid Probe someday.

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/6/19 9:05 p.m.

Scott on the FB page has one I think

Neighbors had a Wild Orchid when I was growing up it was the car that got me into the Probe platform

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/7/19 12:13 p.m.

255/40/ZR17 Firehawk Indy 500s are on. I have a 3mm spacer in the back to make everything even. It rides like a go kart now. I'm sure the tires rub above 100 but they wont rub the coilovers

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/22/19 9:19 p.m.

A ton of stuff got done.

Power steering cooler

Oil cooler, filter relocation kit. It still has a couple leaks but I'll get those sorted out

3 gauge pillar pod, with mechanical oil pressure and oil temperature, turbocharger vac 0-30psi

It uses filters for an 86 Ford Bronco and now I am up to 8qt oil capacity now, and I haven't even put a turbo on it yet.

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
10/24/19 10:29 p.m.

Wasted spark setup going on tomorrow, today I did something I never thought I would have to do. That "overnight parts from Norway" box had a full wasted spark setup in it, turns out after cross-referencing part numbers, the Bosch coil is for a Ferrari F50, among a few other cars. The connector on it, you guessed it, none of the American cars that use it have that connector, only the F50 does, and a bunch of cars over in Europe, because everything is Bosch over there.

So I had to call a few Ferrari dealers to see who has the connector and surprise, no one has it, so I will have to order it from overseas but in the meantime I fabbed one up from audio parts. I've also got the 36-1 trigger wheel and a nice set of Magnecor racing 8mm wires so the next few days should be interesting. The stock distributor isn't bad, but they are prone to failure in a racing application and the stock ignitors die from heat.

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
11/16/19 12:48 p.m.

Annnnnnnnd it's locked up.

I thought the oil lines were backwards, turns out they weren't and I switched them anyway, the anti-drain back valves on the filters kicked on and the top end is welded together now. A redesign on parts of the oil cooler setup is also in the works, with different AN lines in some places and returning functionality to the stock oil pressure gauge and OPSU that the car came with. If I had added that redundancy in the initial design I would have seen zero return oil pressure and this would have been avoided.

The good news is, full 0-mile JDM KLZE swap is coming, with uprated Boundary billet oil pump and possibly 280 cams and Ferrea valvetrain, if I can get the cams done soon, they are regrinds. The wasted spark setup works and is fully functional that was a pretty nice achievement making that all work. It's triggered with a 99 Mazda 626 36-1 crank pulley made for Ford EDIS, it uses the Ferrari F50 coil and an ignitor (and the connector I was looking for to run the coil) from an Audi A4 1.8t and it's all run by Megasquirt, in December I will have more pics of the setup and the swap I'm back on the road now.

jdogg
jdogg New Reader
12/10/19 8:03 p.m.

Small update on this project, Santa is on his way to Florida right now dressed like FedEx with a whole laundry list of parts.

The original plan was to KLZE swap it, at the last minute we opted to build a 0-mile JDM KLZE to my specifications with the following parts

NOS Ford KL longblock, 0 miles, still has the assembly lube on it
10:1 KLZE pistons, KL31 cams
Completely rebuilt KL31 heads with upgraded KLDE valve retainers and locks
KL31 manifold and throttle body
This car's ignition system I designed
This car's headers
12,000rpm-rated Boundary high flow oil pump
ACT Stage II HDSS clutch with a 9lb Fidanza flywheel
This car's oil cooling system
All new timing belt kit with metal rollers
Fel-pro gasket kit

There's a few other small things on the way too, switch panel to fit in the OEM tray on the center bezel and other odds and ends. It's all coming together in a couple weeks.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
YQF13UKl1kTqo3jQJrHMPAQrKXuiJ545vfsI0BXVvzg282Az3MNRpxqE2mEcRjvQ