1 2 3 4
frecks
frecks New Reader
12/16/15 10:05 p.m.

I removed the whole rear brake line tonight to see what had happened. This seems to explain it.

I also deleted the charcoal canister for more room in the engine bay.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
12/17/15 7:11 a.m.
frecks wrote:

What size and wall thickness is the tubing?

frecks
frecks New Reader
12/17/15 8:13 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

I went with 2" square tube with .083" wall thickness.

El Cheapo
El Cheapo Dork
12/24/15 9:03 a.m.

Any Updates? Were you able to sort out the rear brakes?

frecks
frecks New Reader
12/26/15 9:41 a.m.
El Cheapo wrote: Any Updates? Were you able to sort out the rear brakes?

Rear brake line blew out. I remove the whole brake line and will rerun the entire hardline. I will probably upgrade the rubber lines to stainless when I do that.

The valve cover got removed for me to replace the gasket and paint.

I am driving to Atlanta on New Years Eve to pick up a rolling chassis without rust I'm going to swap my powertrain into the non rusty chassis.

frecks
frecks New Reader
1/2/16 6:44 a.m.

Miata shell from metalman in Atlanta is on my trailer & we're headed back to Michigan. This was a good decision. It will be far less work than trying to fix the rust on my chassis.

frecks
frecks New Reader
2/7/16 5:41 p.m.

It's been a while since an update. I took it easy for a while because I didn't want to risk getting any dirt or rust in my eyes while recovering from Lasik. I'm striping the Miata down in preparation for transferring everything to the rust free shell. I'm hoping to have a lot of the work removing parts done this coming week because I need the garage space to start preparing our 24 Hours of Lemons car for April's race at Gingerman.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VA8zN3dZ20yJLdbMBaLqGs0kKBY9PCvKfiBsrof7WGNlqzoRH5CGFRknnvcVYYC5