1 2 3 4
bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/4/20 2:51 p.m.
AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/20 3:49 p.m.

Looks and sounds nice.  No A/C and no more smog pump..... more power!

Kenny_S2K
Kenny_S2K
1/7/20 3:31 p.m.

Really enjoyed reading this, look forward to following along.  I have had two 95 Mustang GT's, both convertibles, both white one with the tan/camel interior the 2nd had black top and interior.  It was my first "sporty" car and the car I learned to drive a manual transmission in, I will always have a soft sport for these.

bonylad
1/8/20 6:43 p.m.

Corners are in but forgot to take pics. Finishing trunk so this weekend I'm gonna drive it assuming no rain. Still need to reinstall fender liners and fit the bumper. Working on the releases for the corners. 

bonylad
1/9/20 5:11 p.m.

bonylad
1/14/20 6:53 a.m.

So. Update. Need to finish sanding and painting the trunk. At that point he'll or high water I'm gonna drive it a day or two. Bumper and hood be damned. Either way. Need to drive it to get motivated again. 

I still ordered parts........

BBK throttle body and elbow to fit the GT40 upper and lower intake. After this it's heads and maybe another cam.  Definitely headers though. 

bonylad
1/15/20 4:13 p.m.

bonylad
1/16/20 1:14 p.m.

Took her to work today!

bonylad
1/21/20 7:46 p.m.

Omg. It's a ocd snowball. Noted the fuel pressure wasn't up to snuff. So since it has a new fuel filter I ordered a regulator. Since I started the gt40 swap I noted broken harness clips and shoddy wiring. Sigh. Could be happy without now rebuilding it all. New clips. Redo harness. Paint manifolds and rail. Rebuild injectors. Couldn't be happy.  Smh. 

bonylad
1/23/20 7:01 a.m.

Finished pulling the intake. Now it's time to clean and paint. Make it look good.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/23/20 7:18 a.m.

I love how bothered you are by the small details. It's going to make it nice in the long run. 

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
1/23/20 10:20 a.m.

In reply to bonylad :

So this is a bit late, but I used to deal with fiberglass wrap a lot on aircraft engines and interiors.

One of the tricks with it is to get yourself a bottle of hand lotion (Jergans or something cheap) then smear it liberally over any exposed skin rubbing it in semi poorly. The particles that cause you to itch or rash up will stick to the lotion, usually on your hair which holds the lotion, and you can wash them right off without the irritation.

I have a love hate relationship with SN95's but I'm enjoying watching what you do.

bonylad
1/23/20 12:10 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Thanks Seth!

bonylad
1/23/20 12:11 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Makes sense and thank you for taking the time to post that.  I will bear it in mind next time! Thanks much!

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck Reader
1/23/20 1:36 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

What Ive done is dump the roll in a bucket of water. using rubber gloves I drain the water off the wrap between my fingers as I wrap it around the header/exhaust. This way once the exhaust is done I leave it to dry, once dry the wrap tightens up even a bit more, giving a very snuggly finished wrap job without the pain of being covered head to toe in fiberglass. Never had an issue down the road either

bonylad
1/23/20 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Rushcanuck :

I have tried that before though I never finished it. Was promising though.  Thanks!

bonylad
1/26/20 2:17 p.m.

Wired in new ev1 connectors. Soldered and heat shrank. Last step is to rewrap it. Also stripped the injectors to get new seals and filters. Before that a bath in a ultrasonic cleaner!

bonylad
1/27/20 2:18 p.m.

Ordered new valve covers. Cheap enough and by the time I stripped the stockers, I would have been close to just buy new ones.  Benefit of doing it this way is they are fresh black covers and I can use a 1 1/4 breather.  Hot rod look!

bonylad
1/28/20 12:00 p.m.

Made some progress.

bonylad
1/29/20 3:53 p.m.

bonylad
2/1/20 5:41 p.m.

Injectors in after clean and rebuild. New fpr. Redid somethings.  New 180 tstat. Little things. New valve covers and push in breather. 

Tommorow may fit the upper and fire it up. Depends on if I feel like bothering with it. Need to replace a valve cover bolt that's gone rogue. 

bonylad
2/2/20 2:34 p.m.

bonylad
2/2/20 5:36 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/2/20 5:49 p.m.

Well done. Looks freaking fantastic. 

bonylad
2/7/20 8:24 p.m.

Thanks. Ordered a new 255 fuel pump. Pretty sure some of the issues I'm having I feel are fuel related. Since it has a new fpr and filter. I feel sure the pump is going out. Fuel pressure isn't in spec. Car stumbles sometimes. Idle is erratic and doesn't feel as fast as it should be imo. Will update. Gives me time to clean and redo the fuel tank and all that. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xdbs7xZnzQ31NriAhJchc4ZqT3WSviKQmIuvCVduPKNqdhvKLrwGrT0OYJ0qsUfO