1 ... 9 10 11 12
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 7:20 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Is it ok if I'm crying a little bit?  That car hasn't looked that loved for 10 years.

I'm so glad you bought it.  Even if you trade it for a case of beer after the challenge, it got the love it needed.  GO TEAM LO-PREP!

I'm in for a case of beer.  You making up the difference Curtis?  Also looking forward to meeting you.  I think you Patrick and I are the only Cadillac 472/500 lovers on GRM.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 7:26 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Is it ok if I'm crying a little bit?  That car hasn't looked that loved for 10 years.

I'm so glad you bought it.  Even if you trade it for a case of beer after the challenge, it got the love it needed.  GO TEAM LO-PREP!

I'm in for a case of beer.  You making up the difference Curtis?  Also looking forward to meeting you.  I think you Patrick and I are the only Cadillac 472/500 lovers on GRM.

I'm in for sitting in the parking lot and DRINKING a case of beer in case I negotiate with Tim to buy it back. laugh

Gratuitious Caddy 500 pic:

See the source image

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/18/20 8:14 p.m.

Thanks!  The picture is more flattering than the car looks up close, but it’s been an experience getting it to this point, and I can’t wait to get to Gainesville!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/19/20 8:36 p.m.

Made it to Knoxville tonight.  Car is running good, just having to live with the gear noise and exhaust clatter.  Otherwise, this thing is built to eat miles up.  Might even make it to the space coast tomorrow instead of Wednesday

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/20/20 7:22 p.m.

Overshot Gainesville and stopped in Ocala tonight.  Along the way, met up with Ultraclyde ​​​​and dropped off something for him from Ashykun, and got some disinfectant for the GRM folks for the event, and he also gave me some pecans, jerky, and root beer, so I'm set for snacks at the challenge laugh

Car still did great, though driving near Atlanta was rather nerve wracking.  Going to go visit family tomorrow, then head back north and see everyone on Thursday!

10/20/20 7:25 p.m.

I got as far as Florence, SC today.  Glad the car did well.  I didn't have any doubts (well.... no more doubts than with any 25 year old car with 140k on it.)

DC to Richmond was a mess, but it always is.  Smooth sailing otherwise, but I didn't get quite as far as I wanted today.  I was hoping to make Savannah and wake up for a cup of coffee downtown.

wae
wae UberDork
10/20/20 7:35 p.m.

What was wrong with Atlanta?

I've got another day of this ridiculous tech summit to sit through tomorrow afternoon and then I'll probably hit the road around 1800-1900 and drive until I can't.  I should make Atlanta at least.  I'll bring the GoPros, tarp, and beer.  Anything else?  I might go over to Besslers in the morning - they just got an Excursion in that has tow mirrors that I might want.  And the picture is unclear but it might actually have a good driver's seat.  If there's anything you want from there, let me know.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/20 7:44 p.m.

Glad it's going well so far! Really wish I were heading down there myself... maybe next year (though it's looking less and less like it will be with the E46). It's going to be so quiet aroud here..

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/20 7:50 p.m.

I'm near Charleston sc if you find trouble in the morning...

Se7en too fore 858 zero 6 se7en 5.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/20/20 8:33 p.m.
wae said:

What was wrong with Atlanta?

I've got another day of this ridiculous tech summit to sit through tomorrow afternoon and then I'll probably hit the road around 1800-1900 and drive until I can't.  I should make Atlanta at least.  I'll bring the GoPros, tarp, and beer.  Anything else?  I might go over to Besslers in the morning - they just got an Excursion in that has tow mirrors that I might want.  And the picture is unclear but it might actually have a good driver's seat.  If there's anything you want from there, let me know.

Hope Besslers works out well.  Atlanta was just Atlanta.  Heavy traffic, multiple times where people jammed hard in the brakes and dove across multiple lanes at the last minute to make their exit.  This was on 285, I was not going to go straight through.

wae
wae UberDork
10/21/20 5:38 p.m.

Just departed Toiletbird Industries.  Hitting the liquor store then next stop: wherever!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/21/20 7:19 p.m.

Made it to Cocoa Beach today and spent some time (safely) with family.  Should be in Gainesville in time for lunch and parking lot shenanigans tomorrow.

wae and Curtis73, hope y'all had safe drives.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/20 8:16 p.m.

Sweet

wae
wae UberDork
10/22/20 1:34 a.m.

Landed a little bit north of Macon for the night. 4 and a quarter hours to go but if I kept driving tonight, I'd get in at 6am, which is kind of an inconvenient arrival time.

10/22/20 9:02 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Made it to Cocoa Beach today and spent some time (safely) with family.  Should be in Gainesville in time for lunch and parking lot shenanigans tomorrow.

wae and Curtis73, hope y'all had safe drives.

I stole Dad's duramax for the trip.  No one died.

Also, I gotta do some final math, but I think I got 26 mpg.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/26/20 10:13 a.m.

Made it home safe and sound Sunday evening, the car did great through the whole event and the drive down and back!  Best drag pass was a 14.77.  Won the CAM class, as I was the only one who entered it this year laugh

10/26/20 2:30 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Thanks for the amazing time.

Speedster SS for next year?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/26/20 2:48 p.m.

You're welcome!  Great to have you aboard.  I am actually thinking speedster or cart as an option next year, just not with the Impala, at least not yet.  I'll need to be convinced otherwise.  laugh

Also, if I don't field a car next year, I'll offer up my nitrous kit for use by you or wae to be FMV'd at what I paid for it.

wae
wae UberDork
10/26/20 3:13 p.m.

wae
wae UberDork
10/26/20 3:18 p.m.

I haven't had a chance to go through my pictures yet and find the decent ones and do any processing, but those were the first three I took of the car.  I think I only have about 200 shots, so it shouldn't take me too long to see what I have.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
10/26/20 6:07 p.m.

Fine looking ve-hicle!

10/27/20 9:44 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

You're welcome!  Great to have you aboard.  I am actually thinking speedster or cart as an option next year, just not with the Impala, at least not yet.  I'll need to be convinced otherwise.  laugh

Also, if I don't field a car next year, I'll offer up my nitrous kit for use by you or wae to be FMV'd at what I paid for it.

W210 E300 TD Kart?  I've been thinking about that pretty hard recently.  Not sure if I can get enough weight out of it.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/27/20 10:19 a.m.

If things are better next year I'm definitely on board to try and do more since I'm unlikely to be trying to field any more cars myself (though to my complete shock the Dancer outright said that she'd make an exception to the Four Car Rule for a Challenge car that was going to be sold immediately after the competition) since my garage will hopefully be fully occupied with working on the DMC. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
10/27/20 2:26 p.m.

(I'm considering next year in the new-to-me Miata myself.)

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/27/20 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Might as well concentrate on the Delorean.  I want to see it back on the road!

1 ... 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u33kO7DKtPS4XbN1dckAnBYxdmRIEbOICCgAIhRnQs0FZVW2zFbChThU5mmRlyaE