1 2 3
Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/5/15 3:29 p.m.

This car's far too clean (and expensive) for that. They do make an incredible rallycrosser, though.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/15 8:42 p.m.

I love this thing!

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
1/5/15 8:52 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: I love this thing!

Me too.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Dork
1/8/15 9:41 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
VWguyBruce wrote: Thanks for the motivation. You have the same kind of timelines my projects do.
I think it looks pretty good. Tint the windows, paint the bumpers (the back is on so they know where to run the tailpipe), and black out the c pillar, and It should look great. Nobody will know what it is.

It does look good in the blue. I think I'm gonna steal the blacked out C-pillar idea.

What paint and primer do you use for the bumpers? That's another project l'll be doing in the near future.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/8/15 1:27 p.m.

The bumpers are being sprayed by my buddy with the appropriate automotive base/clear paint. I don't know what that is. I have done previous Metros with both Krylon pint for plastic, and regular industrial enamel and both worked fine. Prep as usual.

daeman
daeman New Reader
1/9/15 5:16 p.m.

Cool build, but the look of this car is spinning me out. I've got a mk3 gti that I've been getting sorted for my Mrs and we didn't get this model swift in Australia. Keep up the good work

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
4/4/15 9:44 p.m.

Now that all the parts of Canada are starting to get thawed out (admittedly at different rates - AB seems to be stuck and oscillating) how are you holding up with this project?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pBxlEDtn7sh4qVOURpzegX304diynp3ytvwmOaeAqqHrBG0xz1pfbyRcOkVUHfE7