1 2 3
corey_mck
corey_mck New Reader
8/29/18 7:36 a.m.

Just dropping by for a quick update.  It's been a busy couple months!

Since our feature was canceled at the car's first race, they ran a make up feature the next race weekend.  It was the first race of the night.  Right off the start, the car felt down on power.  After 3 laps, the temp gauge was 3/4 of the way up, so I decided I'd pull off the next time by the pit entrance.  By the time I made it to the pit entrance, the car stalled, and the temp gauge was maxed.  I let it cool down for a bit, got out, and found the plug wire for cylinder 1 hanging in the engine bay.  It had come off when I first got the car together, but I assumed I didn't have it snapped on completely.  Now I know it's probably a bad wire.

I pulled the car into the pits, let it cool down, checked the coolant and oil.  Everything looked okay.  I started it again, and heard a bit of a rattle as oil pressure came up.  I heard some definite rod knock while revving the engine.

So, that was pretty short lived.

That was at the end of June, and I haven't even had a chance to get the engine out.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get a chance to find another engine.  I don't know if I should be worried about addressing the oiling system or not - the car was .5 qts overfilled with Rotella T6.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
9/21/18 11:45 a.m.

Nice cage work, man.  Came here following the link you posted on the LeMons forum.  

I'm somewhat local to you, and we have been running LeMons for 10 years now.  Feel free to PM me.  I know a few other teams in the area as well.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
D3Ii2MquvCI6wOvFTYY9BJ55zXK3dlNyovhb8ZdYFZHcnEOUS6V5t26qHKkaGIpx