1 2 3
corey_mck
corey_mck New Reader
8/29/18 7:36 a.m.

Just dropping by for a quick update.  It's been a busy couple months!

Since our feature was canceled at the car's first race, they ran a make up feature the next race weekend.  It was the first race of the night.  Right off the start, the car felt down on power.  After 3 laps, the temp gauge was 3/4 of the way up, so I decided I'd pull off the next time by the pit entrance.  By the time I made it to the pit entrance, the car stalled, and the temp gauge was maxed.  I let it cool down for a bit, got out, and found the plug wire for cylinder 1 hanging in the engine bay.  It had come off when I first got the car together, but I assumed I didn't have it snapped on completely.  Now I know it's probably a bad wire.

I pulled the car into the pits, let it cool down, checked the coolant and oil.  Everything looked okay.  I started it again, and heard a bit of a rattle as oil pressure came up.  I heard some definite rod knock while revving the engine.

So, that was pretty short lived.

That was at the end of June, and I haven't even had a chance to get the engine out.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get a chance to find another engine.  I don't know if I should be worried about addressing the oiling system or not - the car was .5 qts overfilled with Rotella T6.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
ZpZwO0LpaWtuQgwzVim8d9KZ34M9RnMZQIWBF4HcLQbzXuQzhyWN1QbgXDiKwmkT