Jackk
Jackk New Reader
7/2/14 2:12 a.m.

Well, it's official, I am getting bored of my vehicle and I'm wanting to do work on it to make it fun, any suggestions? would love more power. all suggestions will be taken into consideration, however it must be on the beginner to intermediate range. please and thanks all :)

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
7/2/14 4:41 a.m.

Sell it, buy something fun. Being a Highlander owner myself, I can't imagine what you could possibly do to it to make it anything but a yawnmobile.

trucke
trucke Reader
7/2/14 8:03 a.m.

Our '08 Highlander is probably just as much fun to drive!

Don't mod the Highlander, but keep it for DD.

You know the answer is MIATA!

Jackk
Jackk New Reader
7/2/14 7:21 p.m.

Hmm well if not mod that i guess i could fix up the old 86 mitsubishi mighty max, any ideas?

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 HalfDork
7/2/14 7:34 p.m.

+1 on the Miata.

beans
beans Dork
7/2/14 7:46 p.m.

4G64 swap the Mighty Max. Add big turbo, profit.

Jackk
Jackk New Reader
7/2/14 8:02 p.m.

so far i have 24 items in cart on advance auto parts site - it's sitting at $1637- not doing it all at once but it has everything i wanna do over time so far

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
7/3/14 7:50 a.m.
beans wrote: 4G64 swap the Mighty Max. Add big turbo, profit.

That's what I was thinking; it probably has either a SOHC variant of the 4G63 or a 4G54 (related to the Starion motor) already. So this can be done with some creative parts bin swapping. Be advised that many of the RWD versions of the 4G63 used a different bellhousing pattern from the FWD ones.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
7/3/14 8:31 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt:

Hence having to use the 4G64, correct?

I remember reading up on Starquest swaps years ago.

beans
beans Dork
7/4/14 6:35 a.m.

You have to move some stuff around around on the head and the intake/exhaust tracts, but it's fairly straightforward from what I recall. There was a guy on here who had a RWD 4G63 setup for sale.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4hlKN1e36udxOy1zyyYTtPvNdtDJL7l28XJ4H52G64Mo9gHTuFm31I9cHanka6E5