1 ... 8 9 10 11
docwyte
docwyte Dork
2/1/17 11:02 a.m.

No thanks! Yeah, an awd ctsv wagon 6MT would be a sweet ride. The E63 AMG wagon is awd now but sadly only auto equipped.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/6/17 3:13 p.m.

Clearly you need to order this t-shirt.

Waggin t-shirt

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/6/17 3:26 p.m.

A friend sent that to me this morning, and yes, I will be ordering it tonight.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/17 4:29 p.m.

I just saw it in my email as well and thought about sharing it in one of your threads.

Good to know I wasn't alone.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
2/6/17 7:28 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I was lucky enough to be put in contact with very knowledgeable people at GM when my car was spitting out axles. As of spring 2015 when it happened they had only ever seen one other case like mine and that was on a test car they beat like a rented mule. I think my problem was unusual and the whining diff problem is more common. They're pretty spectacular cars and GM is supportive of us playing at motorsports with them. The local dealer was out at the last autocross with several cars and I brought mine in for the rear end replacement covered in One Lap stickers from the event and no one batted an eye. If they'd just listen to me and build another wagon they'd be the perfect car company.

Still makes me happy to know I could help out. My friend carries a pretty big stick with that platform as you found out.

Now back to lurker mode.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/6/17 8:12 p.m.

In reply to wawazat:

You were a huge help and frankly the talk I had at a lonley gas station while on One Lap will forever indebt me to Cadillac. Now they just have to make something cooler than the V-wagon to get me back in the showroom.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
2/7/17 8:04 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce: Bring the 'V' wagon back with AWD and a manual trans?

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/8/17 7:59 a.m.

I also came to point out the Blipshift shirt. Good minds think alike.

honda1
honda1 New Reader
3/30/17 4:46 p.m.

@mazdeuce Don't know if you saw it or not, but a 2012 v wagon with 59k miles just sold on BAT for 56k. Not too shabby!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
3/30/17 5:14 p.m.

Mine is a 2014 with 26k. And extra track wheels.

I actually had a friend email me about that auction this afternoon, I had no idea it was going on.

That's a pretty strong price. I told a friend a while ago (when he showed me on for sale for $69k) that I'd take the first $70k that comes my way. I'm pretty sure I'll have it in the Grosh for a while, which is good because I made an offhand comment about selling it last week and 3 of the 4 Deucelings said "noooooooooooooo!"

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
3/30/17 9:12 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce: Could it be that when you mash the loud pedal (hope SWMBO isn't reading )with Deucelings on the way to schuul might have any thing to do with their animated response?

honda1
honda1 New Reader
3/31/17 4:49 p.m.

I know i'm not very bright, maybe I missed it, but what does SWMBO mean?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/31/17 5:30 p.m.

She who must be obeyed

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
3/31/17 8:14 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: She who must be obeyed

In my own head I always substitute 'might'. Makes the world more exciting.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
4/1/17 8:42 a.m.

Tis easier to ask for forgiveness than permission....

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/3/18 8:56 a.m.

When it's all said and done, I'm not a collector. I thought I might be, and the V-Wagon would have been a fantastic car to keep in a collection if I was, but I'm not.

Cars are tools, but they can also something that makes a very ordinary life a little more interesting. They give us things to dream about. Whether it's fixing or upgrading or driving. They let us turn those dreams into reality to the best of our ability. I didn't do anything to the Cadillac. I changed the brakes once, the oil a half dozen times, but I never fell down the rabbit hole of more power with the car. What I did do is my first track day. And my second. And One Lap of America with a good friend in 2015. In many ways it was the car that pushed me toward the track not the other way around. Once I was done tracking it and moved on to something more reasonable for that hobby, then what? What was the car adding to my life above being an incredible way to drive kids around? Where is the new?

That's what finally did it. My addiction to the new. New cars, new tracks, meeting new people associated with this hobby. I don't have to time or energy to continually do new while holding on to the old. No matter how good of a car the old is, and the V-Wagon was great, it was time to create room for new experiences. I'm glad I owned it. Glad I drove it how I did. I'm glad my wife supported both the buying and the selling end of things. I'm glad the tuba fit. I wonder what other great cars are out there.......

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
4/3/18 9:19 a.m.

So.... Time for an M4 or WearyMicrobes Viper?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/3/18 9:46 a.m.

Top three right now are: early 60's Mercedes, First gen CaymanS, GLA45 AMG. Nothing BMW really speaks to either of us. There are a couple of Ferraris that I would like to find but Mrs. Deuce is much farther up the new car list than I am and she's not in a Ferrari mood right now. Time to order a rivnut setting tool and get to work on aero for the Accord. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
4/3/18 9:52 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Rally GLA45 AMG?  devil

Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/3/18 10:32 a.m.

Some of us are still waiting rather impatiently to see Ferdinand roadworthy again......

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/3/18 1:54 p.m.
Crackers said:

Some of us are still waiting rather impatiently to see Ferdinand roadworthy again......

I believe we'll have to wait until Woody takes over that thread...

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/18 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Wait, what?!

untchabl
untchabl Reader
4/3/18 10:12 p.m.

I think he means Fergus, pretty sure he sold the old Ford wagon to GRM member Woody.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/4/18 12:37 a.m.

No,  that’s me,  I’m buying Fergus.  The plan is to pick Fergus up May 2nd and have him back on the road soon after.  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/4/18 5:01 a.m.

Doh!  Nevermind...  hard to keep track of the Deuce-fleet. blush

1 ... 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
emUGHHKqNZcipwfcDTkzKvUJhoXa5pCnUQBMilo8Rk2Ax7BizQBznqEdvvtBkrct