1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
wawazat
wawazat New Reader
5/31/15 7:06 a.m.

Yes he does. We has the good fortune to spend the day at the Detroit GP as their guests. My wife got a pace car ride around the track before one of the events in a new Camaro SS convertible. Tony drove one of only two new CTS-V on the road now. It looks and sounds very aggressive. The CTS-V paddock parking area was fully loaded with V's of all configurations-STS, XLR, ATS, and all three gens of CTS. It was a great day!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
5/16/16 2:44 p.m.

So it's been about a year since I last updated this thread. The car just turned 20k miles and got it's pre-summer oil change.
I retired the car from autocross when I bought the Civic, and then it recently returned to autocross when I sold the Civic. Still not a fast FS car, but still fun and fast enough to trophy locally. I did smush a seagull at the last event which was horrifying and mildly hilarious. The facility we were running at always has seagulls but they've always gotten out of the way when we run. I was first car out and two birds were on course. One booked it but one sort of disappeared under the hood line as we went by. We didn't hear a noise so I assumed he somehow made it, but more than one corner worker came and found me to tell me otherwise.
Mrs. Deuce has officially proclaimed the V as her hot weather car. When it gets warm enough that she doesn't want to drive the 911 she drives the V to work on the same 3ish days a week schedule. She's become quite fond of it.
No more mechanical issues since GM replaced the whole rear end, it's just been a fun car that is apparently immune to depreciation.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/16/16 2:46 p.m.

Dude. You gotta quit buying fun E36 M3. Mrs. Deuce always horks your car.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/28/17 1:31 p.m.

Literally nothing to report on the wagon other than it continues to work well and make me smile. It's become my primary autocross car though I need new tires to keep doing that. I'm still pretending that the RE71's from One Lap have tread and grip and they have neither. The new Hankook RS4 coming out mid April is going to be available in a 275-40 which would give me a little more sidewall and better match stock tire diameter so I'm kind of waiting for those.
Why bother updating this thread with nothing to report? Because a friend of mine sent me this CL ad from Seattle. It's a black manual wagon, just like mine, but with a sun roof, for $69,880. Now I've been told repeatedly that the non sun roof version is better (which is mostly people repeating my opinion ) but $70k matches the sticker from these new. Which is wild. I told him I'd load up the extra wheels and drive my car anywhere in the country for $70k. These aren't actually appreciating, are they?

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/28/17 3:04 p.m.

Pilot Super Sports?

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
1/28/17 3:21 p.m.

My feeling is that yes, they are appreciating, or at least bucking the curve...

Just like G8 Gxp's... They had to firesale them, but once people realized only 1700 total were made and only a few hundred were m6... well the rest is up to Barrett Jackson...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/28/17 3:53 p.m.
codrus wrote: Pilot Super Sports?

Good street tire. Pretty good track tire. Not a good autocross tire. Especially on this car. Little camber and huge side loads are very rough on shoulders. I could learn to be smoother and easier on tires, but where's the fun in that? I will say that they're a good deal right now at $1100 for a set. Hmmmmm........

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
1/30/17 12:03 p.m.

I have been keeping an eye on these wagons. I think this will be next fun car. Hoping the price might come down a little more, but I'm not making my decision on price alone.

LaidGP
LaidGP New Reader
1/30/17 12:31 p.m.

I had an 09 sedan for about 3 years. Traded it in when I found out our first kid was on the way. I really miss it. Never had a problem out of it minus a battery replacement.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/30/17 2:10 p.m.
camaroz1985 wrote: I have been keeping an eye on these wagons. I think this will be next fun car. Hoping the price might come down a little more, but I'm not making my decision on price alone.

I'm still not sure how these are valued then they're actually trading hands. The prices I've seen make me glad I bought one new because I don't think I could convince myself to buy one used.
I also think a lot of them are still on their first owners and haven't traded hands at all. I've met at least six V wagon owners in the past two years and every one of them purchased it new.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
1/31/17 5:34 p.m.

I'm on my third rear end all under warranty , but this last one is making the same moaning noise when slowly turning either right or left. Did you experience this moaning and were you hearing a constant whine that could be modulated with the throttle?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/17 5:53 p.m.

If I had a moaning clutch-type LSD, I'd check the fluid.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
1/31/17 5:54 p.m.

went back 4 threads and saw you purchased new treads but are lacking a full set of rims.....I'm running TSW 'Nurburgrings' at 9.5" wide at each corner (no rubbing up front) shod with Cooper RS3-A's. They are somewhat less noisy ,but are more smooth riding that the Michelin AS-3

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
1/31/17 5:59 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Fluid level is correct....or should I perhaps exercise it with the traction control off ?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/31/17 7:03 p.m.

I have the same TSW's for my track wheels. I started with a set of RS3's and then used RE71R's for One Lap and have since autocrossed them to death. I'm probably going to go with the Hankook RS4 for my next tire. I've been running 275-35/18's which are a little shorter than stock and the RS4 will be available in a 275-40 which gives me a little more sidewall and also goes up a weight range.
As for rear end issues, I never did have a whine though I talked to a guy who was just about to have his replaced for a second time because of that. My rear end spit out the passenger side axle under load and lateral force. Still not sure why that happened but GM replaced everything including both axles and I've had no problems since. I do autocross with the nannies all the way off, so if making the diff work helps it stay quiet, I'm providing that sort of exercise for it.

hhaase
hhaase Reader
1/31/17 7:11 p.m.

Still miss our non-V wagon. Was a hell of a car.

-Hans

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/17 7:12 p.m.
759NRNG wrote: In reply to Keith Tanner: Fluid level is correct....or should I perhaps exercise it with the traction control off ?

I always condone this behavior But do you have the right fluid? If you don't have the friction modifier, you'll get bad behavior as the clutches slip.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
1/31/17 8:16 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

When under warranty GM r&r's them (diff). Wondering if the pumpkin can actually be serviced properly.....you mention the passenger side pucking, that's where the current moaning is emanating from.....like the diff before it Thru it all still wont get rid of it....rolling fourth gear at 50 mph is worth the price of admission

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/31/17 8:26 p.m.

I was lucky enough to be put in contact with very knowledgeable people at GM when my car was spitting out axles. As of spring 2015 when it happened they had only ever seen one other case like mine and that was on a test car they beat like a rented mule. I think my problem was unusual and the whining diff problem is more common. They're pretty spectacular cars and GM is supportive of us playing at motorsports with them. The local dealer was out at the last autocross with several cars and I brought mine in for the rear end replacement covered in One Lap stickers from the event and no one batted an eye. If they'd just listen to me and build another wagon they'd be the perfect car company.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
1/31/17 9:09 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce: Drove the wagon(black- auto) in 2011 at MSR (caddy sponsored, Johnny O and John Heinrcy were in attendance) before I got mine in 2012...could not believe it...

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/31/17 11:10 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I was lucky enough to be put in contact with very knowledgeable people at GM when my car was spitting out axles. As of spring 2015 when it happened they had only ever seen one other case like mine and that was on a test car they beat like a rented mule. I think my problem was unusual and the whining diff problem is more common. They're pretty spectacular cars and GM is supportive of us playing at motorsports with them. The local dealer was out at the last autocross with several cars and I brought mine in for the rear end replacement covered in One Lap stickers from the event and no one batted an eye. If they'd just listen to me and build another wagon they'd be the perfect car company.

The sad reality is you're about the only person I know that can play in the supercharged cadillac wagon pool. God knows I want to, but I'm on that 23 year old corolla wagon money.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
2/1/17 8:26 a.m.

My only venture into these beauts was driving an auto in "Hit and Run." It was a great car and we drifted the snot out of it. Unfortunately the word that came back from the editing room was "gratituitous" and a lot of it got cut.

But I'd love to rock a manual.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 8:35 a.m.
jfryjfry wrote: My only venture into these beauts was driving an auto in "Hit and Run." It was a great car and we drifted the snot out of it. Unfortunately the word that came back from the editing room was "gratituitous" and a lot of it got cut. But I'd love to rock a manual.

Hold the berk up. You drove the V-wagon in Hit and Run? You can't just drop that and walk away. This demands an explanation.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
2/1/17 9:17 a.m.

I was totally interested in buying one of these new until I found out rwd only. That doesn't work to well as a daily driver here in winter time...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 10:04 a.m.
docwyte wrote: I was totally interested in buying one of these new until I found out rwd only. That doesn't work to well as a daily driver here in winter time...

If you decide you hate yourself you can always buy the AWD V6 automatic version.
One of the saddest things to look at on the V wagon is the front hubs. They're splined for driveshafts. So close.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hqnLNM5amsBPydVBGfREYHN4k9Yp0W1FdDqOxlEREwvTCp7N2Gmtc85JZ7vJVqP0