1 2 3 ... 7
svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/15/20 8:07 p.m.

So $45k and a drive back from Florida in my H6 Countach with a back up cam I have to say I'm as happy as a pig inSchlitz!

Legally these cars aren't being built, but this one was up for sale and built on a 2004 Porsche Boxster. Registered, insured, and serviced as a Boxster with very few miles for 16 years.

So why is it in this forum? Building it into a track toy! After upgrading the Porsche brakes and suspension, it's going to Renegade Hybrids in Vegas for an LS swap. The hardest part was fitting short Countach tires on 18" wheels. Had to order custom wheels and got stuck with 295/30R18x11 rear and 215/35R18x8.5 front. In the long run it will be cheaper than buying the original $900 rear tires. As far as exhaust note, I think that is one thing DeTomaso got right for the pushrod. 

Thinking about removing the rear wing....yay or nay?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/15/20 8:14 p.m.

Wait, that's a Countach kit built on a 987.1 Boxster? I never knew this existed!  

You're going to LS swap it? 

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/15/20 8:14 p.m.

0_0

Subscribed!

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/15/20 8:15 p.m.

yupidoinit

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/15/20 9:10 p.m.

Cop pulls you over "uh sir, your registration says this is a Porsche Boxster, but I can clearly see it's a Lamborghini" :D

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/20 9:32 p.m.

Doooood that's awesome!

11/15/20 9:34 p.m.

Wing has to stay!

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/15/20 9:56 p.m.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the "Why even drive a countache if you're not going to have a wing?" camp. There's such a thing as overkill, but you can't overkill overkill. Fly that flag proudly!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/15/20 10:11 p.m.

Another vote to keep the wing.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
11/15/20 10:42 p.m.
yupididit said:

Wait, that's a Countach kit built on a 987.1 Boxster? I never knew this existed!  

You're going to LS swap it? 

2004 is still a 986. But the mechanical differences to the 987.1 are pretty small. The biggest differences are styling...which has obviously all been replaced.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/15/20 10:44 p.m.

Leave the wing. 

Can you give us WAY more details and pictures of this? Its probably the only chance any of us will ever see one of these

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/15/20 11:08 p.m.

I have read that the Countach is faster without the wing, but you gotta keep the wing.  It's like the tie on the tuxedo.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/16/20 12:10 a.m.

Back when Countach was new, the rear spoiler was a $5k option.  Keep it.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/20 2:46 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Some reason I thought it did 2007 boxster lol

trucke
trucke SuperDork
11/16/20 9:38 a.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

Cop pulls you over "uh sir, your registration says this is a Porsche Boxster, but I can clearly see it's a Lamborghini" :D

That's the only reason you caught me officer!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
11/16/20 9:50 a.m.

That may be a really good angle, but that's the best looking replica Countach I've ever seen.  986 underpinnings should be pretty solid and easy to service.  Amazing find!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/16/20 10:10 a.m.
nderwater said:

That may be a really good angle, but that's the best looking replica Countach I've ever seen.  986 underpinnings should be pretty solid and easy to service.  Amazing find!

Yeah,  It looks TOO good to be a replica.  

I did a reverse image seach of the above pic, and BAM! this site for a real Lambo pops up: Link to real sale.

but that's not a Porsche engine, so..... The O.P. is either trolling us, or just posted the wrong pic.

I really want to believe there's an awesome Lambo replica based on a Boxster. 

Oh, and the wing is 100% required.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/20 10:13 a.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:
The O.P. is either trolling us

Wouldn't be the first time...

11/16/20 10:30 a.m.

Dammit, now I'm depressed. I was ready to sawzall the body off my 986 for a Countach body...

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/16/20 10:57 a.m.

OP has over 180 posts, so not a troll bot, but even before Indy 'Nub' guy posted I didn't belive it was a replica.  Look at the lower front bumper, side skirts, wheels and what you can see of the interior.  I've never seen a replica get those areas so so close.  Certainly some kind of trolling going on here.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
11/16/20 12:05 p.m.

Lambo with a Porsche VIN plate?

11/16/20 12:38 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

Nope, the VIN given in the Russo and Steele ad is ZA9C00500ELA12661, which is correct for a 1984 Countach and not a Porsche vin in any way.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/20 12:52 p.m.

Probably a bad attempt by those douche nozzles at Renegade to try and get some business stirred up.

I wouldn't send anything to them except maybe a glitter bomb.

11/16/20 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Who are renegade?  I tired googling 'Renegade Countach replica' and don't find anything.  

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

A company that swaps Chevy V8s into Porsches.

1 2 3 ... 7

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
6WRFlUUYnIaZ4m2IAQU8JEoVHxTbF1LF2TdDblte2WqnAgZ1IUXFq8MCmBfUdLui