1 2 3 4 ... 7
nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/20 2:26 p.m.

Despite the fact that I already have like 8 projects going and in planning stages I really want to build a Boxster based McLaren F1 replica.  The big challenge with the F1 is the windshield is VERY tall.  I've not found a windshield that is readily available that is close in height and narrow enough.  I think you could make it work just Re-using the boxster one but would have to have a lower black exposed panel where the windshield wiper would go.  Otherwise dimensionally they are quite close.    I never really appreciated how Beautiful the basic shape of the F1 is until I started looking at details of the lines.   

Sorry.  I realize this derails the thread further but everyone was talking about Lambo Replica's..

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/20 2:39 p.m.

0_0

Unsubscribed. Thanks trolls.  LOL

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/16/20 2:40 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Look a hearse windshields. They are very, very tall 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/20 2:45 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

A company that swaps Chevy V8s into Porsches.

They also let the 944 community fix their 944 swap products, not give any credit, eventually buy the forum where it was all hosted and start shutting it down.

Texas Performance Concepts jumped and saved the forum as well as take the advice of the forum posters (with credit) to improve their product offering.

Basically, Renegade tried to corner the market (and still are) by taking advantage of their customers and those that have more money than willingness to do research.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/16/20 3:42 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Dammit, now I'm depressed. I was ready to sawzall the body off my 986 for a Countach body...

Looks like a company made them at one time... but I don't see any Lambo kits on their website anymore.

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/16/20 5:00 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:
nderwater said:

That may be a really good angle, but that's the best looking replica Countach I've ever seen.  986 underpinnings should be pretty solid and easy to service.  Amazing find!

Yeah,  It looks TOO good to be a replica.  

I did a reverse image seach of the above pic, and BAM! this site for a real Lambo pops up: Link to real sale.

but that's not a Porsche engine, so..... The O.P. is either trolling us, or just posted the wrong pic.

I really want to believe there's an awesome Lambo replica based on a Boxster. 

Oh, and the wing is 100% required.

You are in fact correct. The builder/seller asked me not to post pics of the actual car which is identical, the Boxster wheelbase was stretched a tad, because he already received a cease and desist letter from Lamborghini. This is a photo of his yard though.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/16/20 5:14 p.m.

In reply to svxsti :

Alright, cool yes

Please keep the rear wing.

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/20 5:34 p.m.

Sooo... Can you ever share photos of what you bought? Or is that going to bring some heat down on the builder?

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/16/20 6:03 p.m.

Can someone get a "second quality" version of the body... for... umm... Reasons? devil

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
11/16/20 8:02 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Probably a bad attempt by those douche nozzles at Renegade to try and get some business stirred up.

I wouldn't send anything to them except maybe a glitter bomb.

Couldn't agree more.  I bought a bunch of their LS 944 swap parts, only to be left in the lurch with awful fitment and just plain off-the-shelf offerings that I paid 3x retail for as 'custom'.  They got my money, hope others see this and save theirs.

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/17/20 6:29 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Can someone get a "second quality" version of the body... for... umm... Reasons? devil

Anyone can get a good Countach replica body and modify it to fit a Boxster. That was my back up plan.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/17/20 6:33 p.m.

Lamborghini gives zero E36 M3s about Countach builders. like zero. Something like this is not even on their radar unless its being sold as a Lamborghini and even then.

I have been in the kit ar world for almost my entire life and I have never even once seen them even raise their legal fists in anger for anything short of making badges or using the script that they use. 

just post photos of the car. 45K does not even begin to buy a decent replica and most of the really good ones are almost approaching 6 figures in build cost coming from a shop. 

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/17/20 7:17 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Lamborghini gives zero E36 M3s about Countach builders. like zero. Something like this is not even on their radar unless its being sold as a Lamborghini and even then.

I have been in the kit ar world for almost my entire life and I have never even once seen them even raise their legal fists in anger for anything short of making badges or using the script that they use. 

just post photos of the car. 45K does not even begin to buy a decent replica and most of the really good ones are almost approaching 6 figures in build cost coming from a shop. 

Smh for 6 figures you can buy a real Countach. Post the phone number of one Countach builder. You can't, because they all received cease and desist letters, even the builders for movie cars, thats why there were none in Suicide Squad, I happen to know the builder that turned them down.

Like I said, anyone can find a good Countach replica, for a space frame or Fiero and build it on a Boxster, but you either have to have the skill or know someone to do it for you anonymously. 

THE END

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/20 7:35 p.m.

I guess we won't be seeing any pictures soon smiley

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/17/20 8:52 p.m.

I doubt it. There are almost no lambo builders left because of what you just said. You can get a real one for not much more. 

Also the kit car industry is full of failures. Saying they were sued out of existence is not proof that is what happened. Almost all of them go under due to mismanagement or strait up fraud. It is not hard to make a body. 

hell igf likely produced enough bodies for anyone who wanted to build one to get one. I get offered crap unstretched stuff at least once a year. 

the boxster  based molds are all coming out of the same repop. For 45-50k used you would be looking at a ratty ls swapped tube/fiero stretch or one of the cars out of the above molds with serious serious issues. 

I wish you luck and I would love to see photos. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/18/20 8:36 a.m.

In reply to svxsti :

Have you taken possession of the car yet?

It seems odd that the "builder" doesn't want you to post pictures.  Perhaps I missed it, but I don't think you have mentioned who that is yet, so no way for Lambo to even go after him.

Did you sign a "do not post pictures" document? If not, the "builder" has no recourse to stopping you from posting pics, so......

Pics, or it didn't happen wink

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
11/18/20 10:24 a.m.

Yeah, I feel like this whole 'thing' is too good to be true...  Between the buyer's secrecy and inability to post even a pseudo screenshot of a portion of 'his' car, to the seller/builder's 'top secret or the italians will get me' schtick... someones not being totally transparent in this whole mess.  

Let alone that ANYTHING involving 'renegade hybrids' is an instant red flag warning for me.  The only way they stay in business is by parting rich fools from their money by empty promises, deception and subpar workmanship.  

Besides, what good is a build thread being posted without pictures :p

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/18/20 12:54 p.m.

Yeah, I am super excited, just picked up this McLaren F1  replica for 40K and will be posting pictures of the build as I complete the paperwork but there is this lawsuit that may not let me post anything because it is built on a Corvette C8 chassis and Chevy is suing anyone that even thinks about posting pictures of it in public........

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/18/20 12:57 p.m.

I don't believe this is even vaporware.  It really feels like full on male cow excrement to me right now.  If there really was a no pics clause, it would probably also include a 'No discussion on a public forum' clause.

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/18/20 12:59 p.m.

If anyone has $45k heres another Lambo Boxster from another seller.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
11/18/20 1:01 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

Yeah, I am super excited, just picked up this McLaren F1  replica for 40K and will be posting pictures of the build as I complete the paperwork but there is this lawsuit that may not let me post anything because it is built on a Corvette C8 chassis and Chevy is suing anyone that even thinks about posting pictures of it in public........

Ha!

May as well go full on dumspter fire, right?

I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “Countach" and "Boxster" for your little descriptions or whatever in the discussions. I myself do not make cultural references, but I feel sensitivity for people who do, as I am a student living among them, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field.

These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people who spend a disproportionate amount of time posting on message boards, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who spend a lot of time here.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/18/20 1:07 p.m.

I'm confuzzled. Should I unsubscribe to this build thread? crying

11/18/20 1:10 p.m.

I take it back, it's real, here it is.  World exclusive first pics

Panache [Archive] - Euro-Nova

11/18/20 1:11 p.m.

Or it could be this one

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/18/20 1:16 p.m.

Hmm now I'm wondering if this SL600 in your other thread is really yours. 

Did you buy this SL600 in April? Never titled and had 427 miles on it? 

1 2 3 4 ... 7

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
2l2YrvwD7k5O3oR4SsEwxWGW9OmkbEGAmZ1XPGCl1atxB90mBPmU2acUDzQVmtEf