1 2
stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/29/18 7:23 p.m.

Sad to see what happened to your e28.  sad Is it drivable, or did the radiator get messed up?

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
3/29/18 9:45 p.m.

Driveable, no leaks. Haven't jimmied the hood open yet.  Haven't decided if I will part it or scrap it. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/18 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls :

Much like Alice's Restaurant, there's a third option you haven't even mentioned, which is to find someone else parting ont out and hang a used front clip on it.

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
3/30/18 11:59 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I'm not sure I care that much anymore. I had been pondering a replacement for the E28 for a few months. Every time I filled it up and calculated its abysmal fuel economy I thought about the Fortwo I have always wanted, and every time I borrowed the work pickup I thought about replacing it with a mini-truck. 

Also the steering box tore itself off the subframe and I bodged it back together two weeks ago and while I was doing that noticed some funny rear tire wear......and ....and ...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/30/18 2:22 p.m.
Jumper K Balls said:

Also the steering box tore itself off the subframe and I bodged it back together two weeks ago and while I was doing that noticed some funny rear tire wear......and ....and ...

May be too late for this, but there's an easy fix for the steering box/subframe connection from Ed Raether:  http://www.mwrench.com/  (the repair kit is listed for an e24 6 series but it's the same for an e28, I have one on my car.)

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
3/31/18 9:58 a.m.
Jumper K Balls said:

I love this car so much; very happy to see this one back in action. I want one too (doesn't have to be this nice, just original), but I'd be more than happy with the original engine, 3 speed column shift, and a bench seat. Glorious! Country driving perfection!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JtKHCH83wKlddkL6Uew1oJYZQ8R4uxzLWp6riReNyThfgI7lAh3ajl0M93LQrtqC