1 ... 6 7 8
viking
viking New Reader
6/4/13 9:13 p.m.

[/URL]" />

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/13 9:23 p.m.

That is awesome, I love the Revolutions.

What is powering it?

EvanB
6/8/13 11:50 a.m.

The prince of darkness has struck. When I start it up it will run for a second then all electrical power will die. If I leave it with the ignition on for a few minutes it will come back to life and run fine until I shut it off. It is particularly annoying when I park it to run into a store for a couple minutes and have to wait 5 minutes to get it started.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
6/8/13 1:29 p.m.

Grounds?

EvanB
6/8/13 1:31 p.m.

Possible, I'm just confused why bad grounds would kill the electricity only when it is first started but come back after sitting a few minutes?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
6/8/13 1:34 p.m.

Electricity is a evil, illogical thing. When in doubt, clean/grease the grounds.

EvanB
6/8/13 2:04 p.m.

Will that kill all power though? When it dies there is nothing, no lights, no cranking, etc.

EvanB
7/25/13 5:20 p.m.

Guess I never updated this.

The electrical problem mentioned above turned out to be the negative battery cable that was frayed nearly halfway through.

Rally lights!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
7/25/13 6:26 p.m.

Sweet!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/25/13 9:18 p.m.

Cool. I've been driving mine a bit. I had a good long run this past Saturday, but got caught in a down-pour on the way home and think something got messed up in the ignition. #2 is black and #4 doesn't appear to be firing at all. Barely stumbled my way home and ran out of gas 1/4 mile from my house (maybe 60 miles on the tank vs. the 130-ish on the previous tank). no, gas gauge still not working. I'll be ordering a full tune up kit tomorrow along with maybe a ignition shield since I need to be able to drive the car in the rain if necessary.

British cars are fun... but at least the GT6 is running well.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/26/13 4:45 a.m.

Watkins Glen is mostly why I bought my car. How long I'll own it afterwards is up for debate. It'll probably go up for sale although my asking price will be on the high side.

EvanB
8/3/13 5:55 p.m.

I think I found one of the problems:

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
8/3/13 7:22 p.m.

Was that an engine mount?

EvanB
8/3/13 7:26 p.m.

Yep that was the left one. The right one doesn't seem as bad based on movement while jacking the engine up but I'm going to replace it tomorrow while I have the car jacked up.

EvanB
8/3/13 7:27 p.m.

The one I replaced today is the hardest one to do since you have to remove the radiator.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/3/13 7:54 p.m.

We need to cruise the hills soon Evan

EvanB
8/3/13 8:02 p.m.

As long as you are ok with cruising at 50mph.

Hopefully once I get the front end all tightened up I can run it a little faster without feeling like it is going to fall apart.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
8/3/13 8:07 p.m.

How bad are these tool wise? IE is it a semi homogenous mix of SAE, whitworth and metric?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/3/13 8:07 p.m.

In the twisty stuff 50 can be very fast, and a Mini is good at twisty stuff

EvanB
8/3/13 8:19 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: How bad are these tool wise? IE is it a semi homogenous mix of SAE, whitworth and metric?

So far I have done 95% of the work with only 7/16 and 1/2" wrenches with a 13mm when I can't find the 1/2"

EvanB
8/4/13 1:32 p.m.

Unsurprisingly the Mini drives much better when the engine is attached to the subframe.

I still have to do the LCA bushings and rear subframe mounts but it is much better than it was.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z47n0gvD4E0Pb1aGFZNd3AitMdhhHNzjumFJ3SvRv3fvjvYPg7gsZFpi2gPhLYhQ