1 2
carwhisperer
carwhisperer Reader
1/14/19 11:43 a.m.
clshore said:

Hmmm, I'll bet that motor/trans package would fit into the rear of a Spitfire, living entirely behind the cockpit rear panel.

It's possible that there would be no external clue to what lurks within.

I'm trying to figure that part out now. One priority is to be able to work on the front part of the engine easily. I flipped the intake manifold around so that the throttle body sticks out the back of the car, but the accessories are still in front where the back seat should be. I've thought about making the roof into a giant clamshell, but I don't think that would improve access. Another idea is a bulkhead with window behind the front seats, like a pickup truck and leave the side and rear windows open, or side pop out windows. I want the car to be pretty quiet. I found I could get a custom dual pane house window made at home depot with a black frame. 

carwhisperer
carwhisperer Reader
1/14/19 11:43 a.m.
ckuhns said:

Super cool! I've got the White/Orange Subaru swapped one. You came in to my work to ask about it!

Awesome! You've done a nice job on that ej swap. Good to meet you!

carwhisperer
carwhisperer Reader
1/14/19 11:48 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I think that is a J series V6 adapted to a bus transaxle. It's probably a better overall result (probably 30 more hp than mine) than what mine will be (if I ever get it finished), but I'm afraid of engine adapters :(

carwhisperer
carwhisperer Reader
9/23/19 12:56 p.m.

It's been a while but I've made some progress lately. Excerpts from my build thread on Volksrods:

Bought $200 worth of turbo stuff from ebay sellers and started putting together a system. There are other parts that i should be working on but this sounded more fun 

hey google flip a coin

The car made noise today. I put a cheap eBay fuel pump in the tank with a modified Honda drop in. I ran 5/16 plastic fuel line up and back for supply and return. I hooked up the ecu and cranked it. I’m getting fuel to the rail but I think the injectors aren’t injecting. I could get it to sputter on starting fluid so the ecu is doing something apparently. Charging the battery now for more messing around when I have time.

Started the engine today. I chased some grounds and power wires and it fired up.
[url]https://www.facebook.com/brian.roth.355/videos/10220826513197156/?t=0[/url]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/brian.roth.355/videos/10220826513197156/?t=0"]C32A Powered Beetle Starts first time[/URL]

I made some coolant lines today out of 1” EMT galvanized steel conduit. I researched the way Subie guys do it, thinking running it through the heater channel would be the elegant way to do it. It turns out that’s nearly impossible and you really hack up the channels. So I ran it underneath like those guys do

carwhisperer
carwhisperer Reader
9/28/19 10:08 p.m.

I mounted an early 2000s Accord AC condenser and hooked up all the coolant lines. Tomorrow I hope to put together the parking brake cables and start working on the throttle cable. I bought a 3700mm cable for a bus and a peddle cluster rebuild kit. I plan to add some cable housing left over from the parking brake. 

free baby name generator online

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pryKKSCb3lKQ7zyDxX1z5gQfYHUZ4WN7tq5lDXTPdWOlSlBxZFWUUa3PYsmR9R38