1 2 3 4
crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/24/13 8:43 a.m.

So it sounds like an oil filter relocation and aluminum radiator may be good next mods

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
1/24/13 10:32 a.m.
crankwalk wrote: So it sounds like an oil filter relocation and aluminum radiator may be good next mods

I believe it has one of those 50/50 rads... plastic tanks with aluminum guts... no I'm speaking about the radiator support... that goes across the front of the car..... that is plastic as well

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/24/13 11:26 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
crankwalk wrote: So it sounds like an oil filter relocation and aluminum radiator may be good next mods
I believe it has one of those 50/50 rads... plastic tanks with aluminum guts... no I'm speaking about the radiator support... that goes across the front of the car..... that is plastic as well

Oh I thought you meant the radiator endtanks only. Wow a plastic radiator support? I've never seen that. Easy enough to make one from aluminum I suppose.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/12/13 8:35 p.m.

Minor update. The power steering system evacuated all the fluid in the span of a couple days. Not wanting to deal with it I just cut the belt off. I will eventually remove the rest of the system and loop the lines on the rack but the steering isn't too heavy as is.

Other than that I have just been racking up the miles. The gas mileage has been steadily improving from abysmal to livable.

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/evanba/405

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
2/13/13 1:42 a.m.

Coolness.

Need to find a wagon...

EvanB
2/13/13 1:50 a.m.

I need to find a 505 wagon to swap a LSx into...

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
2/13/13 1:56 a.m.

Ah...hmmm

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
3/18/13 6:20 a.m.

Need help painting the roof white?

EvanB
3/18/13 12:50 p.m.

Let me check if I have any plasti-dip left.

EvanB
5/13/13 9:53 a.m.

Fifth gear went out in the 405 about a month ago. I just got a chance to check it out yesterday and found that one of the shift linkage rods popped off and disappeared. It looks like the linkages in an A1/A2 VW. Anyone have ideas of where I could find a replacement or something I could make work? I may try to measure how long it needs to be so I can see if I can use one from another car (like the VW).

CherieTW
CherieTW
5/14/13 9:57 p.m.

1989 Peugeot 405 MI16 for sale in Connecticut. Please check "My Garage" for photos and details. Further photos and details are available upon request. Thanks

EvanB
5/15/13 7:43 a.m.

I have one for sale in Ohio as well.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/15/13 11:20 a.m.

Glad to see I'm not the only Pug Nutter on the forums! I've got an Mi16 that's still running strong at 240k miles.

EvanB wrote: one of the shift linkage rods popped off and disappeared... Anyone have ideas of where I could find a replacement or something I could make work?

Call Brian Holm of Peugeot Holm in Plainfield, Vermont: (802) 454-7132. I'm sure he can get you whatever you need.

EvanB
5/15/13 11:55 a.m.

I sourced one from western hemispheres, it is on its way to me.

EvanB
6/13/13 7:15 p.m.

The 405 went to a new home a couple weeks ago. Turns out the loose front end wasn't LCA bushings as I suspected. There were two nuts missing from the subframe so the whole thing was moving around.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j5sH633MMxTCS5OjxD25Wu6b5hNZhlp4UzLeoYcXRSaC5ks5rZ2MzTUR8BMb1I7W