1 ... 4 5 6
Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron Reader
8/28/18 9:55 a.m.

Progress has been slow I haven't touched the truck much lately after getting burnt out with the clutch debacle.  But on the subject of drivetrain I decided I needed another shifter ball and plate for a remote shifter idea.  This came off a Tremec TKO 600 which is a 5 speed but I think I can make it work in some ass-backwards way.  I tore it down and degreasefied it.  Modeling it up in Solidworks so I can attempt to over engineer yet another piece of this eBay parts bin puzzle. 

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron Reader
9/4/18 11:26 a.m.

Finally was able to get the trans and engine mated up with the help of two friends.  It took all of 15 minutes to do after I have spent the better part of the last two weeks swearing at the transmission intermittently. 

The powertrain combo was then test fit in the truck and more sheet metal was removed.  I'm starting to get a bit burnt out on the truck, the C4 suspension took longer than I anticipated and took a lot out of me.  I need to at least get the engine and trans mounts made and then I can take a break from fabrication and work on plumbing and electrical for a bit.  I'm definitely not going to hit the late September date I was shooting for which kinda sucks but I don't want to rush this thing too much.  I have a couple other projects that have been on the back burner too long that I need to get done too.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
9/4/18 11:55 a.m.

I 100% feel you on hitting more work than anticipated and feeling the burn-out from it. I've missed one date already and will probably miss the next one based on how much I want to spend compared to how much I need to spend, haha. Just keep working one step at a time and take the small victories.

Good work!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
9/4/18 12:30 p.m.

Take you time, do it right, take a break if you need it. That said, it's looking good!

badwaytolive
badwaytolive Reader
9/4/18 1:23 p.m.

Very nice!

I vote no break. I want to see it run.

1 ... 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
hzQUI3P3gmEBR5DfVU2MhIUjuDA6yMrpJ0AljPKMqIkDYw7jY81J7FPANHveNdZi