93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/7/20 4:02 p.m.

I am going to attempt to actually keep up a build thread and rather then have multiple build threads I am going to just shove everything into one.

At least this year expect a lot of bike and garage content, since until the garage is done I don't have a great place to work on my Civic.

Build thread for the Civic https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/93-civic-ex-smf-build/110271/page1/

Start of a build thread for garage https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/93excivics-garage-rebuild-with-some-house-stuff-thrown-in/135020/page1/

My "gravel bike" build" https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/motorcycles-and-bicycles/building-a-graveldropbar-mountain-bike/160326/page1/

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/7/20 4:07 p.m.

Currently converting the dropbar single speed mtb into a flat bar bike with an On One OG V2 bar, Shimano XT 8speed derauilluer, Sunrace 11-40, Paul Component thumbie mount with Ultegra 8 speed bar end to be a cheap townie bike. Waiting for some second hand Avid levers to get in. Added a Velo Orange Mojave bottle cage cause it will hold a 32oz growler and going to add a Wald 137 basket for quick errands.

I have a Surly Cross Check frame that I am slowly getting parts for to build a proper gravel bike with.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/13/20 9:05 a.m.

Spent the weekend starting to organize the garage which had become an absolute wreck because I hate being in it. Trying to get stuff organized into boxes and new tool chests so that I can either move them to the sunroom (which is going to act as a temporary garage for bikes and tools) or a storage locker until the new garage is built.

Before

After

Started at the back. Now need to clean up the work bench, get rid of a bunch of old paint and chemicals and stuff.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/20/20 7:29 a.m.

Bought an 04 Honda Element to be a daily driver for now and eventually a backup vehicle/ baby hauler. Pretty please with the deal $3800 with 126k miles on it. It needs a new rear bumper. I also want to add a hitch for a hitch mount bike rack, upgrade the audio cause the stock setup sucks and change tires. The car has new Primewells on it which are insanely loud.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/4/20 10:49 a.m.

Finally got the about town bike finished after finding out the chain line was pretty bad. Had to add some spacers between the cranks and chainrings.

Put up a resin shed in a temporary location until I can get the garage done so I have somewhere to store garden tools.

Gave the Element a basic tune up (K&N air filter, spark plugs, oil change, recharge A/C). Need to install hitch and find the pens or pencils or something rolling around in the interior.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/18/20 2:01 p.m.

Finished building a patina'ed pilot watch (kind of)

The case was soaked in acid (and I forgot what type) with scrap copper. The hands and dials were left in coffee grounds for a while and acrylic crystal was hit with a very very fine grit sand paper and soaked in water and curry power. I had to 3-D print a movement ring since I got the case second hand and it was missing the movement ring. The movement is a Seagull ETA 6498 clone. Strap is a custom one from Clover Straps. I however forgot to double check that there was no interference between the hands and the minute hand hits the second hand in one position so I am going to have to take it apart and adjust that.

Hitch installed on Element

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/17/20 2:37 p.m.

No had the chance to do too much exciting (just maintence on cars (new fuel pressure sensor in wife's Escape, install 1UP bike rack on Element, bit of interior cleanup on Element), organize garage a bit more). Got the pilot watch from the previous post working right. 

But started building my gravel bike.

Waiting on spokes and nipples to get in to build wheels this weekend.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/30/20 8:27 a.m.

Started lacing up my first set of bicycle wheels.

Been catching up with maintenance on the Element. New tie rods, a new axle and serpentine belt in. Just need to do the brakes and transmission fluid and it should be caught up finally.

Our Preferred Partners
nrIAomKOiNDREtFrkawTVFA2NDS9BswKWyYBwRR8P1xcK4lQswFDdEvYxdgKnjWm