1 ... 10 11 12
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/29/18 3:10 p.m.

Start at the MAF and work your way in. Any leak after the MAF is going to screw up it runs. When I plugged the intake resonator (giant circular hole in the rubber intake hose), it got loose and cause it to run like crap until I tightened the hose clamp. Check the nipples going to the rubber intake as well. They should all go somewhere. Also that black plastic rectangular cover has a rubber gasket under that looks pretty hammered, unless that's actually sealant around it. My homemade EGR blockoffs should be on the back of the intake manifold. Make sure they're tight and maybe add a gasket to them.

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
12/10/18 4:50 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

I'll start there, thanks

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/26/19 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Woodie :

We were recently talking about B-Body wagons in another thread, which made me think about your ride.  Did you ever get it dialed in and running right?

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
6/23/19 5:22 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I actually had to sell it, I joined the marine corps and couldn’t store it. It went for sale again for $2800. Not sure if they fixed that or not.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/12/20 6:51 p.m.

Bump.

Gariathon and I were talking about this build again today.  Travis, you did good on this one here. yes

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
11/7/20 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Quick update on the car, the guy I sold it to sold it because the optispark went bad apparently, brand new when i sold it. It resides in limbo now, nobody knows where it went 

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/7/20 10:23 a.m.

I've decided this is a cursed project car. Probably has something to do with the hearse engine I put in it. Maybe some tormented ghouls went along with the swap? 

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
2/10/21 12:45 a.m.

Back from the dead

Im making it my mission to hunt down this car again, I have an idea for a build and what better of a chassis than this.

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
2/10/21 12:48 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

You wouldn't happen to remember the VIN would you?

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/21 7:41 a.m.

In reply to Woodie :

Found it: 1G4BR82P8SR410837 

Good luck with the wagon!

autocomman
autocomman New Reader
2/10/21 11:52 p.m.

If you do find it, dump the optispark disaster and LS it and be done ;-)

Woodie
Woodie New Reader
5/3/21 11:28 a.m.

Update, I cannot for the life of me find this car, and that has me draw two terrible conclusions. The car is sitting in a scrap yard or it's crushed.

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YPVq8GFjlA3HGlViguAAF4llTUI7iK0GsFUgXuc91VuyIWS6ZnJOJpE5kuZuPzs6