1 2 3 4 ... 9
fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/26/17 4:08 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to fidelity101 :

But I can get a running 6.0 van for $1k and that has a transmission I can use.  

yeah jump on that lol

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
10/27/17 10:24 a.m.

I vote 2 and 3.2

why do one when you can do two for double the work????  

Get cracking!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/27/17 12:14 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

The trunk intake manifold is undoubtedly to tall to fit under the hood as is the accessories.

You act like I'm afraid of cutting things. Have you ever seen a 12" cowl hood?  

It won't block the view anymore than my giant Fig Newton Sticker on the windshield. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/31/17 3:37 p.m.

just a little at a time, radiator is out

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/6/17 5:59 p.m.

Update: as of today I own a large carbon fiber wing. I would have cleaned it up and taken a picture. I used a work truck to pick up some new to me furniture and then promptly left my car key at home when I drove back to work to get my car. 

Update: I made an offer on a different car that I think is going to go through, time will tell. They are "waiting for the title in the mail." I don't buy cars without titles anymore. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/6/17 6:07 p.m.

Looking at the picture, it seems you need a road map to find your way around that engine bay.  Then again I confuse easily.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/7/17 9:30 a.m.

The top will need to be sanded and repainted. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
11/7/17 10:22 a.m.

Happy Birthday?

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/7/17 10:31 a.m.

Happy b-day and let me know if you want some direction on the rear wing fitment. You know to make it do something other than add weight and drag.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/7/17 11:41 a.m.
stafford1500 said:

Happy b-day and let me know if you want some direction on the rear wing fitment. You know to make it do something other than add weight and drag.

some interesting compromises to juggle throwing that "3d wing" up on top of the back of a wagon?

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/7/17 11:45 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

yeah, a few issues that may crop up. But nothing that can't be overcome with some creativity and lack of rules to limit you.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/7/17 12:12 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

This whole project is most likely going to shift in a very different direction in the next week. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/8/17 7:36 p.m.

My wife is also an enabler. Now I will be able to create my own little touches to my themes. Going to make a few Q”Ute”45 stickers first. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/10/17 3:25 p.m.

Picked up this minty 1987 Mazda RX7 for $600 this afternoon. Why go semi fast in a wagon when I can go really fast in an RX7?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/10/17 5:06 p.m.

WOW! Looks great.  Does it run?  

Good Times!

Indy-Cougar-Guy
Indy-Cougar-Guy SuperDork
11/10/17 6:02 p.m.

Nice score!  I see a surprising lack of rust on that .

also, from the pics the interior looks pretty crispy.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/17 8:32 p.m.

Trade you the van for the rx7 so you can keep building the wagon.  No, not really, i want you in an LQ4 RX7 at the challenge 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/10/17 10:38 p.m.

Nice, having a wife that is an enabler is a good thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
11/11/17 6:23 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Picked up this minty 1987 Mazda RX7 for $600 this afternoon. Why go semi fast in a wagon when I can go really fast in an RX7?

Porque no los dos?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/11/17 10:36 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
Andy Neuman said:

Porque no los dos?

I was going to ask if anyone had "shooting braked" an RX-7.  I guess that's like Rule 43 of the Automotive Internet?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/11/17 5:29 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

Nice, having a wife that is an enabler is a good thing.

I’m so enabled today I painted a room in the house and bought her a CRV. I could have been out browsing used parts with Andrew and Calvin. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/13/17 11:32 a.m.

This was my 1986 LT1 RX7 I had when I was 20. Fond memories, I look forward to going fast again. 

On another note I forgot to add in the details of picking up the 1987 RX7 Friday. 

-Flat tire, non running, had to push it up the street 50 feet to turn it around. Then we pushed it down the street 200 feet the other way and into an apartment complex where I had my tilt trailer down. Pushing a car with a flat tire is no easy task, as we were worn out we only managed to get it 1/4 of the way onto the tilt trailer. Using our come along we managed to pull it the rest of the way onto the trailer. 

-During this time we find out I'm buying the car from the Lady's husband who is in jail, not sure for what, but she had POA so the title transfer actually went fairly smooth. Supposedly he replaced everything in the cooling system hoping it would fix the over heating issues.

I am hoping to keep the interior stock and sell everything I can under the hood to recoup some money. I may even keep the exterior stock except for two wheels for drag racing because I like that sleeper look. 

Budget so far

$600 RX7

$1000 Chevy Express, not yet in my possesion. 

I hope to recoup $1009 to leave me with $1409 to complete the swap.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/13/17 1:53 p.m.

My 30 year old challenge car still has the dealer carpet protector on the passenger side

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/14/17 4:52 p.m.

This is how rusty the RX7 is 

Am I reading this right 1994?

17x8 with 245 RE71r because what challenger doesn’t have random wheels for testing. The 245 is basically touching the stock spring on the inside. Reducing the spring to a 2.5” spring will resolve that issue but it will still rub the outside. Might need to scale down to a 225 to fit inside th fenders. 

The 245 will fit easily in the rear. Could actually fit a 275 fairly easy with a wheel that has more backspacing. I’ll be in search of a 15x8 from a mustang with the correct spacing. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/17 10:38 a.m.

Yep, those are vintage 21st week of 1994 tires. Sketchy...

The rest of the car looks great. I'd love to have a car that rust free to start with.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XLJZjWbFx5FqeJTlyoPetfvN5vfMtbuk76ZQQ0InG09pE3xuMYtB31WiHrgtzLtk