1 ... 6 7 8
Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/11/18 6:23 p.m.

I so wish we could rematch in the drags. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/11/18 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I might find time locally to see how fast a Q”Ute” can go after this years event. 

Ordered new springs so i so I know my spring rates. Can’t afford to lose to Stampie. I hope this is the final Q45 battle. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/14/18 8:56 a.m.

Project of the week, water won’t be ready for fish till it stabilizes. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/14/18 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

In salt water I used to ammonia cycle. Get some Janitorial ammonia from Ace hardware. It's 10% ammonia 90% water with no additives. IIRC I would add that (very little needed) until I got to 2 ppm.  Then grab some gravel or a rock from a established aquarium and throw it in there.  Test daily when it gets to 0 ppm add more ammonia until it's back to 2 ppm. Once the bacteria can process 2 ppm in a day it's cycled. I could cycle a 90 gallon tank in a week doing this.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/14/18 10:13 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Stampie :

I might find time locally to see how fast a Q”Ute” can go after this years event. 

Ordered new springs so i so I know my spring rates. Can’t afford to lose to Stampie. I hope this is the final Q45 battle. 

So what are your spring rates?  I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/14/18 11:52 a.m.

7”.... long.... springs between 100-800lb. No longer super secret eBay rates that nobody knows. Most likely a 100 lb difference front to rear, my struts will definitely blow with these. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/14/18 12:43 p.m.

Ours are 550s and since they're chrome so they'll be faster than anything you get. Unless you get chrome also.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/15/18 10:03 a.m.

The new theme will make sense one day...

My springs aren’t as shiny 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/17/18 12:22 p.m.

I’m glad summit scratched off the QA1 stickers for their summit brand springs.  Going 550 front / 450 rear. 

This was the testing process for my $2011 car, Facebook memory of the day. As you can tell I love extremely wide tires, next year I plan to change that to my love of extremely cheap wheels that aren’t quite as wide. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/21/18 2:15 p.m.

New base white with a roller, not going on as smoothly as I hoped lots of bubbles. Maybe my paints old or I stirred too much or I didn’t get the right roller or I’m just terrible at painting. Going to take some sanding and a few more coats. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/21/18 3:39 p.m.

You missed a spot.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/21/18 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You know this isn’t a car that likes close ups, caution sharp edges. 

I could try to stitch it up with zip ties for you. 

1 ... 6 7 8
Our Preferred Partners
1DmmnKmzJF8FFFVf7a90AVPUgvPgQrD5pnWZQMfmv8iuiXbSyd0NXnqrA3mEJxuY