1 ... 7 8 9
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/9/18 3:37 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

You know it looks half decent when people ask me about it at the gas station and take photos. Loaded up and ready to head out in the morning. 

NSFW

https://youtu.be/ld2nWfIap2k

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/9/18 3:47 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

He was disappointed it wasn’t a Holden. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/10/18 11:29 a.m.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/10/18 11:42 a.m.

Tell me you're towing it with the ice truck. That would be cool.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/10/18 11:42 a.m.

looks like you found a good way to make the costs of challenge budget neutral?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/10/18 11:59 a.m.

Maybe they could sponsor you.  Now if you just had an inside connection with them .... 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/10/18 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I politely ask my father for a set of tires every year. Still no free tires. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/10/18 1:24 p.m.

Ice Ice Baby, "Rollin in my 4.5"

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/11/18 10:12 a.m.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/16/18 11:53 a.m.

The end of the $2018 build thread. 

I spent too much time screwing around with different ideas this year. When it came down to it, which surprised Chris on the way home, I never changed the oil, checked the spark plugs or performed any basic maintenance to the Q45. Overall I always have a great time at the Challenge whether I'm in first(not happening) or last. The car ran worse as the day went along, my car was one of very few to run a slower time on the second course. The car didn't seem to be running on all cylinders and the 1-2 shift was taking 3 seconds, and eventually overheated on the last run. This was probably my own fault for running so much nitrous through the engine to beat out Stampie last year, but it was worth it.

I had told myself I would never do a parking lot build again, but Chris and Robbie sucked me into that before the real help arrived. Still I am amazed they got it running with the wiring mess that was necessary. 

Got home and now my back hurts like crazy, and I've been told I'm never allowed to take off work again. Makes me laugh because they think all I do some days is screw around looking at craigslist on my phone.  $2019 build thread will be started as soon as they announce the dates of the event, unless I find more competent help around work I won't be able to make it before the second week of October. 

The Q"ute" will be put up for a no reserve auction on eBay in a few days if anyone wants to chime in with thoughtful things to write about it.  

sleepyhead
10/16/18 1:15 p.m.

runs, but needs an LS

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/16/18 1:32 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Ran when parked

professionally modified(not by a professional mechanic)

Garage kept

worlds fastest and only Infiniti pickup

bad ideas make great stories

the only guarantee is I will get it onto your trailer

I will sell it for .99 if only one person bids. 

sleepyhead
10/16/18 2:06 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

maybe we should pool up money so John can build a garage/warehouse/hangar to house the "Infiniti GRM Challenge Car Collection"

edit:  also, it's a good thing I can't ebay... otherwise I'd be $2 lighter and living in the bed of the only Infiniti Pickup

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W8vdfM9YW2i9TDrehKLq5HpIkn8bunnm8DIevkwSioQoqNe3Pdiq0G2HjDbTq7U6