1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/11/19 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

I have to give you credit. This is moving along much better than I thought it would. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/11/19 5:58 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In before the lock

Hoping to have time to put the transmission mount in tomorrow and re bolt down a few parts that were loosened for fitment reasons.

Biggest hurdle will be a budget driveshaft. I do know a guy that knows of a guy that is the guy to have a reasonable solution. 

C4 aluminum driveshaft with a new yoke for the rear end.  I have an aluminum c4 driveshaft.  Needs the trans yoke and rear yoke.  I believe it is the right length....

Mazdatrix sells the rear yoke.  I believe it is a part for an older dodge truck.  Get the front yoke at any salvage yard...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/11/19 6:10 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I purchased a C4 aluminum driveshaft with the swap mounts. I'll check the length tomorrow. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/11/19 8:29 p.m.

I'm running the C4 driveshaft as well. IIRC you need one from an auto trans donor.

What mounts are you running again?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/12/19 5:18 a.m.

I purchased a lot of things from this add. Made a pretty good deal on a lot of things because he was local. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/12/19 6:20 a.m.

Should I order one of these with my Patrick discount? Just in case. 

Furious_E
12/12/19 8:22 a.m.

I think the Granny's mounts place the engine and trans a bit further forward than the Ronin mounts I used. That being said, the slip yoke on my C4 driveshaft has a ton of engagement, to the point that I can barely push it forward enough to get the flange off of the diff, so an inch or so difference would probably still be ok. 

Definitely a good deal too, especially if there was a package discount on top!

Furious_E
12/12/19 8:23 a.m.

That depends. Are high 11s good enough, or do you want to run 10s? devil

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/12/19 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Will end up using a nitrous kit just because I really don't want to run faster than an 11.5 because of cage reasons.  

I wasn't a fan of the quality of the mounts I received. Everything "bolted in" so I shouldn't complain too much. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/19 9:55 a.m.

If you need to find a driveshaft of specific length, search eBay for driveshaft u-u. 

There is a seller who lists a ton of shafts and their lengths from u joint to u joint. Then you can see the application and search your local junkyard. 

Also, you can get conversion u joints pretty cheap on places like rockauto for common driveshafts.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/12/19 11:59 a.m.

If you have time once the rest of it is working you could re-build the mounts yourself or with assistance from other forum members for a lot cheaper most likely. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/12/19 12:27 p.m.
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/12/19 1:44 p.m.

That'd be perfect for a Cadillac 472 swap. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/19 2:18 p.m.

dang, MONZORA has enough budget room for a $157 turbueno...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/12/19 5:07 p.m.

Building shelves in the basement on Saturday with my father in law. Whoever designed my house did not have a good plan for getting large items to the basement. After loading my cart at Lowe's, putting the wood in my truck, unloading it and carrying it to the basement I have an even greater respect for general contractors. Haven't even carried the tools down yet. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/13/19 1:41 p.m.

Not bolted down just checking clearance 

Test fit eBay turbo headers, yes I made sure to have a nitrous bottle in the photo.

Test fit normal eBay headers

Transmission to rear is approximately 31" car isn't high enough for me to scoot under right now. C4 driveshaft is 29" 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/13/19 2:32 p.m.

This is when I remember the 3 things I should have done before placing the engine in the car. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/14/19 3:15 p.m.

shelves done

Should be just enough space for my wife's Christmas decorations 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/16/19 10:05 a.m.

I'm way too young to have this many seasonal decorations. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/26/19 9:55 a.m.

The process is slow but the outcome is worth it. Can hardly believe it's the same paint.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/26/19 10:11 a.m.

W.O.W.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/9/20 10:04 a.m.

Only update, painted two rooms at home.   Pulled a muscle in my upper back doing it that hasn't recovered In two weeks. Mustang engine and differential have begun leaking. Broke the brakes leaving this morning in the Ranger. Working on year end stuff and planning changes for 2020 at work. Taking baby classes with my wife. 

Definitely need a what minivan thread. I want to be as new, cheap and reliable as possible while only putting on 5k miles a year. 

Soon I'll get back to the RX7.  Do the make different size starters because I don't think I'm getting headers past the starter? 

Trail camera pictures from my yard(hillside) I only have one picture of a deer during the day. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/10/20 10:04 a.m.

Full truck intake? 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/20 10:21 a.m.

It's not an LS. It's a vortec swap.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/10/20 10:29 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I should have left everything as rusty as possible on the engine... straight from the wrecking yard swap. Some things like the coil brackets aren't salvageable so they will fit with the junkyard swap theme. 

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AzEXl4p10B6eR7vZ0zOGsyYBNfUr5Db1il2J5w3DaiuuBvFuITJAa1Dl22fBhzom