1 2 3 4 ... 28
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/18 9:29 a.m.

Bring the harness and my fenders and put my name on the build book as “team wiring guru” and we’ll make it standalone and program the pcm, just need to spend $100 on tuning credits to unlock it and write it and about $20 for a fuse block and some connectors.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/21/18 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Sounds like a good plan. Hoping to get the engine and harness out this week. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/22/18 10:49 a.m.

In other news may have accidentally purchased a 67 Volvo 122 sedan for $500 and I bid on an 07 g35 that was vandalized. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/18 11:45 a.m.

infinilvo

voliniti

?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/24/18 9:37 a.m.

I added in prices for the fuel pump and fuel filter regulator. I also marked a few items as exempt, but put numbers next to them to indicate the cost I would need to use to add them back in if possible. I also have listed the items left to buy/do and need to determine what they will cost. Still may buy a few more parts just to have in case. Limited total recoup is really what is going to hurt my budget, might start trying to trade things as it doesn't count as recoup.   

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/24/18 9:38 a.m.
Patrick said:

Bring the harness and my fenders and put my name on the build book as “team wiring guru” and we’ll make it standalone and program the pcm, just need to spend $100 on tuning credits to unlock it and write it and about $20 for a fuse block and some connectors.  

How would these costs count towards the budget? 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/24/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

$20 for the fuse block and connectors. Everything else is a tool. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/24/18 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

How many bonus points for mounting the column shift of the van to the RX7? 

Edit: Another note, I see my RPM's will be quite high for highway cruising even if I go with the 17" wheels. The tallest 200tw tire I can run is 25.7 which would put the engine at 2800 RPM at 70mph. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/24/18 12:29 p.m.

As a judge for the event just passed, if you pull off the coulmn shift install (and point it out), that would be worth a bit more innovation score...

Not sure if it is really innovation, but it is something that is not often done in the context of the Challenge.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/24/18 1:15 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

I think a column shift with microswitches for the light switch mod really should score high for innovation. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/25/18 9:25 a.m.
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/18 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

That is a great deal. I wouldn’t believe someone’s budget who showed up with a T-56 LS1. 

Want to buy it and store it for me till December? That is if anyone can get ahold of the email only guy.

Patrick
10/25/18 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

So you pick it up i send $? 

That’s insane for that pile of parts

Robbie
10/25/18 11:52 a.m.

I'm happy to go look for someone, I don't have an easy way to drag it all home. Or else I probably would.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/18 12:00 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

See if you can go look, put deposit, Pat will pick up, I’ll send money. 

Yes, I signed Pat up for picking up without consultation, but shipping is free to budget so I can compensate him for his time devil

Patrick
10/25/18 2:22 p.m.

Noooooope.  I honestly don’t need it, i have so much stuff right now.  I’m not picking it up for someone else either, I already told you i’d help with the harness don’t push your luck laugh

Robbie
10/25/18 2:32 p.m.

Well, I just emailed. I can't believe it is actually still for sale, but we will see.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/18 5:41 p.m.

Life update: sold my wife’s old Saturn vue after a year of barely using it. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/18 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Any Vue you can sell while it still moves under its own power is a win. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/26/18 10:33 a.m.

One van wiring harness out. Intake is ready to be pulled as soon as I find my fuel line tools 

Robbie
10/26/18 10:40 a.m.
Robbie said:

Well, I just emailed. I can't believe it is actually still for sale, but we will see.

No response. I'm sure it's already sold.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/26/18 10:44 a.m.

That was pretty easy, didn’t actually expect to have everything disconnected. 

Will vacuum this up clean it off and tape it up after lunch. Will save actually pulling it till next Friday. 

Patrick
10/26/18 1:38 p.m.

Don’t forget the gas pedal and the small harness between it and the TAC module(in your pic just below pcm)

my valley looked about like that when pulling the 5.3 from the other van

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/26/18 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I’m going to remove all the wiring that I can before I send the van to it’s final resting place. Also removing any semi sellable part if I need more recoup. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/2/18 1:05 p.m.

1 engine out, I struggled, going to pick up the car tomorrow. 

1 2 3 4 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h8hyOUaAbjhRBUWvtAQlwAjy4Egvyaylpsjk7Ak27xm0iF5ztuZYXjocwM6YOKuN