1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/20/19 6:09 p.m.

this thing is gonna be sweet. i love lowered rangers of this body style. wanted a 302 swapped one for a while. excited to see how it turns out!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
8/24/19 8:58 a.m.

Actually finished the floor in the dining room and moved stuff in. Replaced all the early 80s thermostats and toilets this week. New carpet is on order, after that I told my wife we really need to take the rest of the year off projects. 

Although I really want to buy another car to bring to the challenge I don’t think I will. I’ll see if I can make any RX7 progress before then if not I’ll just bring my mustang.

The ranger is actually going up not down.

I think I’ve spent more time at work than ever before. Usually I have only one 60+ hour week in the summer, this year I’ve averaged close to 60.  My wife’s getting tired of me being at work. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/19 11:00 a.m.

You’re welcome to hang out with us and help me change tires if you don’t bring something to drive

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
8/24/19 12:54 p.m.

I could always use a co driver on the Camaro 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/24/19 1:22 p.m.

I know the feeling. Moving into a new house is like guaranteed projects for a few years. In general im much better at finishing house projects than car projects however. 

The AMC could also use a hand in decimating all at race wars.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
8/24/19 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I’ll bring the proper nitrous jets for going fast.

Robbie
8/24/19 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
8/29/19 8:01 p.m.

Replaced this carpet on Wednesday.

My wife really know how to spend our money. I think most of the major house projects are done for now. Working on bringing in the last of the stuff from the garage this week. There is a hackberry tree dropping berries all over our cars currently. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/7/19 8:02 a.m.

Should I, Z28 convertible would need a broker to buy it but it would get me into cam and copart class? 

Already lost 2 auctions this week. Mazdaspeed3 went for $1000, one increment higher than I bid. Also tried for a 6 speed Acura TL, lost by $100. 

Just signed up for the challenge and listed my car as 2015 mustang GT, I may have gone slightly over budget. 

Preferably looking for either a sedan that is large enough to be useful after the challenge or a fun car to replace the mustang. Will probably be selling it to get a hum drum vee next year sometime. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/10/19 9:05 a.m.

Ok, new idea and best timeline for actually having a challenge car this year. I took the whole week of the challenge off of work. 

Goal, purchase a car from copart within ten days of the challenge starting. That gives me the chance at the copart award and last minute award. Probably grab some crappy 200 treadwear tires to make the car eligible for that award. Third assemble everything in best western parking lot. 

Robbie
9/10/19 9:09 a.m.

P.l.b! P.l.b! P.l.b!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/10/19 9:28 a.m.

I like this idea

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/10/19 10:16 a.m.

I'm in for parking lot build.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/19 11:24 a.m.

I will delete paint from the golf cart parking lot build plan if it gets more people/time on yours.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/10/19 11:57 a.m.

Will post a list of acceptable copart locations and auction dates for cars to attempt to win. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/11/19 12:50 p.m.

That feel when I’m trying to buy back my time and I get the bill for fixing all the little stuff that’s wrong with the ranger. crying

parking lot build: how to acquire and build a challenge car in 10 days

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/12/19 4:35 p.m.

Ranger Up date, 

Guy at the service shop said, “It looks pretty good for a 2wd ranger.”

Should I take offense to that? 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/14/19 8:47 a.m.

My 1 hour wheel paint job 

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/14/19 11:35 a.m.

I think those wheels will pop more once the front/rear ‘chrome’ is... something else

edit:

which is to say: I like where this is going

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/22/19 7:05 p.m.

From before purchase

Clearing out trees/bushes to expand the yard area. 

Also turned my broken and uneven walkway into a pile of ruble with a pry bar and a sledge hammer. 

I have a large frog and toad population in my yard. 

Working on clearing out the undergrowth so I can see the creek at the bottom of the hill. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/30/19 9:34 a.m.

I wasn't supposed to win. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/30/19 9:54 a.m.

Theoretically, there's still a chance you haven't 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/30/19 9:56 a.m.

Is there a way to sort by "Est retail value= $0" on Copart?  Because that seems like the same thing as "GRM=yes"

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/30/19 10:17 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

Theoretically, there's still a chance you haven't 

True, they counterbid me at almost double my "winning" number. "Won" at $400, countered at $750, standing firm on my $400. If this was Craigslist I would counter with $350 for trying to negotiate with my already reasonable offer on something nobody else wanted. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/30/19 10:46 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Yes, but people at copart are just lazy and don’t put in a number and it comes up as $0. 

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r89IhU8j7lA2vcfAX2lQ1eOF2fhP0Nu43eNRIUwGLrgWA3IPwkBCBYXdcAYxWqq8