1 2
N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
2/1/15 3:30 p.m.

I wanted to cut off my Gear cover but wasn't confident enough to do the job right. That and I don't have adjustable cam gears.

I'll just get a Protege valve cover later on.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
2/1/15 3:30 p.m.

It lives.

Yay.

The alternator bearings are shot.

Berkeley. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.

Gonna get a Durablast alternator and blast off into space.

Yay.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
2/1/15 3:33 p.m.

To recap what I did.

*Replaced motor mounts

*M-tuned coolant reroute

*Removal of the EGR system.

*Carbon Miata Black Coolant and Vacuum hoses kit

*ALL top and front gaskets and seals

*Timing belt. (Gates supperdooper Blue racing Kevlar belt. Because it was like only $14 more expensive. And if it has the word RACING in it, how in the living berkeley could you go wrong?)

*Water pump

*Fab 9 COP Kit

*Accessory belts

*New Alternator

*Rebuilt power steering pump.

Why not delete? I don't want to do it halfassed and just plug it. I'd like to get it properly welded and rebuilt someday. BUT I'll be running a smaller steering wheel and MAYBE wider tires 15x8 or 9 with. But that's WAY down the line. The reason for the rebuilt was the pump leaked. So it was either $180'ish bucks to get a reman Duralast pump, just to probably rip it out later. Or $10 for the rebuild kit.

If you've thought about doing this. Do it.

It is SO easy.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
3/8/15 5:20 p.m.

Small update. I've got the roll bar installed. And I'm pleased to say that it fits 100% WITH the harness bar attached. The top goes up and down with no issue.

I found an empty box of 'true' cigarettes under the parcel shelf.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 12:44 p.m.

..........update?

My right front wheel bearing was making a sound like the Red Sea being parted. It was so bad that I could make a song by swerving left and right. But people would think i'm drunk.

Out it goes. I replaced both front wheel bearings because...why not? They're cheap.

I got Moog front wheel bearings from Autozone which are made my Federal Mogul, with Japanese NTN Bearings.

Neat.

That fixed the noise issue.....wheeeeeeeeee

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 12:45 p.m.

So then I decided to purchase another shift knob. So I got the Mishimoto Weighted Black shift knob.

The knob itself feels great on the car, the shifts are SLIGHTLY smoother and the ergonomics of the knob are pretty good but I'm no expert because I'm not a connoisseur of knobs.

HOWEVER, I did have an issue. This knob needs an adapter collar to allow it to screw onto the shifter itself. The ones that came supplied did not work, the only close one was I believe an M10X1.50 so It's a good thing the adapters are plastic then.

Right?

Well I did screw it on and It's on there nice and tight. But when I get my short throw shifter, I might just get a Carbing.

I'll upload a pic later because for some reason it shows it flipped. :hello kitty:

Oh And I entered an autocross on the 2nd of January in Sunrise. Hopefully my E36 M3 won't blow up and i'll be able to compete in my first Autocross.

Thanks for viewing......ish.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 12:46 p.m.

Just installed these GarageStar Delrin door stoppers.

These are the E36 M3. Most of the interior rattles are gone, especially from the doors. My car feels stiffer and doesn't feel like Scotty's in the passenger's seat yelling 'SHE CAN'T HOLD IT CAPTAIN!' as I take it around a corner at 35mph.

The only drawback st that the doors are a bit harder to close. (For me at least, even after adjusting them.)

But I don't care because I'll just put down my purse and close them harder.

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 12:50 p.m.

And lastly, I found a good deal on a valve cover so I picked it up. Already painted. I would have preferred black but....whatever.

So now I have a four letter word on my engine giving me the excuse as to why my car is so slow.

El Cheapo
El Cheapo Dork
12/31/15 5:24 p.m.

Cool, I have driven a few Miatas with the delrin door thingys and they are awesome. What's the story with the FAB 9 COP kit? Did it make a noticeable difference?

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 6:15 p.m.

In reply to El Cheapo:

Yes because my stock ignition system was messed up. The connectors to the coil packs were water damaged.

The fab9 kit doesn't use those connectors.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/31/15 7:10 p.m.

Cool, Ford motor swap!

N7Prime
N7Prime New Reader
12/31/15 8:07 p.m.

In reply to bgkast:

Still better than a 302.

DAAAMN

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.