1 2 3
dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/11/12 10:02 p.m.

Rather pleased with my finish overall, its time to start another build.... so say hello to it Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Started cleaning the E36M3 outta the inside of it today... more pics to follow soon....

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/12/12 12:15 a.m.

those iddy biddy little v6's are so kewl :)

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/12/12 3:47 a.m.

this one was originally a GS with the 1.8 V-6. Currently its a JDM KLZE 2.5 V-6(~200hp) and it sounds like sex on wheels!!! Aluminum Flywheel lets it rev like a crotch rocket

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/12/12 7:19 a.m.

PShhhhhh whatever! KLZEs suck!!!!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/12/12 7:28 a.m.

No, the RB20 sounds like sex on wheels. Some major discrepancies in this thread.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
10/12/12 8:06 a.m.

...are you guys speaking English? I'm barely fluent in American V8 and now this shows up.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/12/12 8:10 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: ...are you guys speaking English? I'm barely fluent in American V8 and now this shows up.

MX3 = weird bulbous car that mazda made for a few years.
K8 = 1.8 litre v6 that came in those. (130hp)
KLZE = Japanese version of the 2.5 litre v6 that came in the 93-97 MX6/Probe
RB20 = Worst of the Nissan RB-series of inline sixes. 2.0 litres, known for throwing rods out the side of the block. Not surprisingly, the rods are thinner than my middle finger.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve UltimaDork
10/12/12 8:21 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: MX3 = sexy little hatchback car that mazda made for a few years.

Fixed that for ya.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/12/12 8:22 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: MX3 = sexy little hatchback car that mazda made for a few years.

Fixed that for ya.

Heh, that too. I like them a lot, but the proportions from certain angles are a bit strange. And they're one of those cars that feel wider than they are long. (Probably why they handle like HOLY AWESOME.)

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
10/13/12 7:29 p.m.

Can't wait for this! I am SO curious about these! I think someday I am going to have to find an MX that needs a motor and a wrecked Millenia or 626 and have a field day....sounds like the very definition of "cheap speed"!

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
10/16/12 10:52 a.m.

Oh yay. Looking forward to this one..... :-) subscribed!!! :-)

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone New Reader
10/16/12 11:04 p.m.

Subscribed as well. Something about these cars is so intriguing.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/17/12 8:25 a.m.

In reply to sethmeister4: The KLZE(JDM Has 200hp), compared to the Domestic KLDE(160HP)... look for a ZE ;-) that thing makes all the right noises!!!

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
10/17/12 8:40 a.m.

Always thought the 1.8 V6 was neat.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
10/17/12 8:52 a.m.

its way past soon..

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/17/12 9:09 a.m.
dansxr2 wrote: In reply to sethmeister4: The KLZE(JDM Has 200hp), compared to the Domestic KLDE(160HP)... look for a ZE ;-) that thing makes all the right noises!!!

As someone who started with a full ZE and has now ended up with a ridiculous mutt of a motor...

I would suggest starting with a late 626 motor and megasquirt.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/17/12 10:20 a.m.

:-) $304 worth of awesome...

http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/dansXR2/media/DanielSartin4_zps82d91913.mp4.html

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/18/12 8:55 p.m.

don't everyone comment at once...

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
10/18/12 8:59 p.m.

Good noises! I am amused by the WARNING sticker that keeps sneaking into the frame.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/18/12 9:02 p.m.

lol I'll post a pic of it when i'm up there again... Its humorous ;-)

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
10/18/12 9:19 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
dansxr2 wrote: In reply to sethmeister4: The KLZE(JDM Has 200hp), compared to the Domestic KLDE(160HP)... look for a ZE ;-) that thing makes all the right noises!!!

As someone who started with a full ZE and has now ended up with a ridiculous mutt of a motor...

I would suggest starting with a late 626 motor and megasquirt.

I guess I just figured it would be a pain to find a ZE...where the heck would you even start to look for one? A quick Craigslist search of practically any city will turn up dozens of 626's, so I think for the cheapest fun I would probably start with that. But again, I know next to nothing about these cars and haven't researched anything, so this is all just thoughts from my head. :-)

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
10/18/12 9:20 p.m.

Just watched the video...that sounds awesome! Those are Miata wheels, right?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/18/12 11:06 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
dansxr2 wrote: In reply to sethmeister4: The KLZE(JDM Has 200hp), compared to the Domestic KLDE(160HP)... look for a ZE ;-) that thing makes all the right noises!!!

As someone who started with a full ZE and has now ended up with a ridiculous mutt of a motor...

I would suggest starting with a late 626 motor and megasquirt.

I guess I just figured it would be a pain to find a ZE...where the heck would you even start to look for one? A quick Craigslist search of practically any city will turn up dozens of 626's, so I think for the cheapest fun I would probably start with that. But again, I know next to nothing about these cars and haven't researched anything, so this is all just thoughts from my head. :-)

"Real" ZEs are a bit of a pain to find these days, and the only real advantages they have are the pistons and cams. The rest of the stuff isn't really any better, and the heads themselves are actually worse. A KL hybrid utilizing the best of everything isn't hard to do, and should yield more power.

Start with a V6 MX3, then get a 98-02 626 motor (identifiable in that it doesn't have a distributor), and megasquirt. Go to town.

Oh, they're also solid lifter motors instead of the HLA motors the rest are. They're shim-over, but you can use the Mazda Motorsports 1.8 Miata shim-under conversion.

Or.... zetec shimless buckets.

And.... 2.0 DOHC Neon retainers and valve springs. Why is this interesting? Because there's lots of pimpy aftermarket and they're usually a dual spring design which is better/safer than the Interpreps currently available which have MASSIVE seat pressure.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/22/12 8:35 p.m.

Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original) Damn its ugly.... Mechanically sound comes first, then I'll make it look good...

crazycanadian
crazycanadian New Reader
10/25/12 9:45 a.m.

Damn that is ugly... Do you want a proper wrap around rear GS spoiler for it?? I just happen to have one sitting my garage that needs a home... :)

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
coyjcUxBv3HBtxKm6kXFqlZwgHlamsUvFvxySIvcOGNrgGduofcTDlRiiIPj8pzY