NGTD
NGTD UberDork
7/17/18 9:06 p.m.

My life has been a bit of a mess lately, but back in late May a guy I know posted his 07 Impreza for sale. It was more than I wanted to spend at the time and I had no where to keep it (moving). It didn't sell, so he put it on eBay.ca. I watched it for a while and with 15 minutes to go, it had stalled at $660 CAD. I jumped on and in the end a previous bidder had a max bid of $1000. So for $1025, I scooped it.

It's a 2007 Impreza, it has 246k kms (about 150k miles). It has summers and winters on rims, a skid plate, Rally Armor mudflaps and Hella driving lights. After punching a hole in the oil pan of my Golf earlier this year at a rally work day, this will take over that duty. It will also pull winter weather commute duty.

Plans are to raise it with Forester struts, get a set of A/T tires and clean up a bit of rust on the rear 1/4's. First, I have to get it road ready and licensed. It needs a blower fan, new(er) tires, and exhaust leak fixed.

Hoping to make more progress on this than I have on the truck

P.S. The jeep is not mine. It belongs to my very understanding landlord.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
7/20/18 7:22 a.m.

Last night the new HVAC blower fan showed up from Amazon. I pulled the fan and airbox, got the old fan out. 

Wrong part!!! Waiting for an email back on how to return the item. The hunt continues. The box was clearly labled that it was for an 00-04 Legacy Outback and not an Impreza. Their website said it matched.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/20/18 7:49 a.m.

Nice score! Yeah, after having gotten wrong parts from Amazon a few times I usually only order parts from there if I have a part #

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fhXaJYW8XhaJphAW7JiLXS1b4nRVvjzjVQsfg68WQVslbEiVLlSns4K3u7LRRWSt