1 2 3 4
WhiteAndGold
WhiteAndGold New Reader
4/26/18 6:09 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

We have a winner, for some reason red fades faster than black on stickers from who knows when. AlsoI definitely did not make the connection but I had been trying to figure out what the sticker was referencing since I got the car! Only other thing I found was an Adult Swim show by the same name.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
4/27/18 9:37 a.m.

Made it home Late last night..... Barely.

4/27/18 9:37 a.m.

4/27/18 9:40 a.m.

No spare....

So.

Last 10 miles went like this:

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
4/27/18 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

That is NOT the sketchiest trailer, i have the honor of owning it.  Well, im the caretaker as it has owned me for a while

Edit: just saw tire "fix"...i may habe spoken too soon

Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/27/18 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

If it's any consolation, I've done that exact same thing myself. LOL 

Is that rear tire going too, or just an optical delusion? 

4/27/18 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Illustration. Its a junky tire for sure, but the shadows of a cell phone camera flash at 11:45 in a dark Home Depot parking lot make it look that way.

It takes a lot of work to be as big of a cheap ass as I am.

Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/27/18 2:07 p.m.

It's harder being lazy. LOL

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/18 2:14 p.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy said:

In reply to Crackers :

Illustration. Its a junky tire for sure, but the shadows of a cell phone camera flash at 11:45 in a dark Home Depot parking lot make it look that way.

It takes a lot of work to be as big of a cheap ass as I am.

but you carry it well.

4/27/18 3:22 p.m.

Silly autocorrect. That was supposed to say illusion

4/28/18 9:55 a.m.

Ok, a few more details about "The retrieval adventure"

To smooth things out with SWMBO, I agreed to take Most of the kiddos with my to give her some mostly alone time. It's an hour and a half one way according to google. We set out about 6:30.

Arrive a little after 8:15 (gas stop).

4/28/18 9:59 a.m.

This is what the car looked like parked on the street (my first in the flesh look):

4/28/18 10:04 a.m.

My helpers:

Notice the lack of proper ramps? Trailer really is intended for landscape use, loading and hauling mowers.  That's what the sketchy wood planks are there for. (And yes, they did make cracking & breaking noises when loading)

4/28/18 10:09 a.m.

I had WhiteAndGold measure the car width to make sure it would fit before coming. It would.

He also indicated that it would be able to drive up into the trailer, and he would help with loading. He really is a Great Guy.

4/28/18 10:13 a.m.

Despite being started the day before, it wouldn't start when he tried it.... So out came the jumper cables.

Hook it up, crank and it starts. He drives it up on to the trailer with out incident (except breaking boards) She's loaded successfully.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
4/28/18 10:51 a.m.

I am waiting with bated breath...

4/28/18 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Sorry for the delay, was busy do family stuff.

Where were we? oh yeah, car jump started and seller drove it on to the trailer for me. Go back and look at the picture with the kiddos and trailer. Notice anything..... that's right, the road slopes upward: parked on a slight up-hill road. 

So, I grabbed the tie down strap, and start to secure the front of the car so it won't roll backwards, down hill and off the trailer.  The entire time, WhiteAndGold is sitting in the driver's seat holding the brakes on.  I finally get a strap on it, and tell him he can release the brakes and get out...... BUT, he wasn't just sitting there holding the brakes for safety, he can't open the door, because utility trailer.  Oh, and he can't just climb out because the power windows won't roll down because dead battery (remember the jump start?)

Long story shortened, after a few exchanges, he fiddled around and was able to unlock, open and remove the sunroof to finally get out.   Thank God he's not claustrophobic!

4/28/18 9:13 p.m.

It was dark by time we got it all strapped down.

4/28/18 9:20 p.m.

And here we have the "passing of the torch" photo:

Seller (WhiteAndGold) and buyer (Micro Man).   

Similar to boat ownership, a $100 car owner's two best day's are the day he buys it and the day he sells it!  Those two are celebrating together.

4/29/18 10:47 a.m.

Much like waking up the day after a hard night of drinking, seeing the car for the first time in the daylight: what have I done?

At least it has good tires....

Then I remind myself: $100 car, and all is good.

4/29/18 11:19 a.m.

Got it unloaded today.

First time I've driven a Fiero since I borrowed one for prom night from Dad's friend. That was 25 years ago.

Also found out WhiteAndGold is a Roadkill fan. And it has new plug wires and distributor cap and rotor.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/29/18 11:31 a.m.

On the bright side, if you decide to bail, it should be easy to break even.

I dont think it's too far gone to save, but 8d say its probably too far gone to make a nice example out of. 

Boosted northstar track rat would be my reccomendations 

4/29/18 12:25 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

True. It's too far gone to be a nice one. I'm going to dig in, see what it needs, and get it to road worthy beater status if the engine in hete is salvageable.

That'll give me some time to figure out what this thing wants to become. 

Found this in here. Judging by the fading of the plastic, I think this "repair" predates WhiteAndGold's ownership.

4/29/18 1:11 p.m.

I don't do bumper stickers on my cars, so this one had to go. That's my teammate putting in the elbow grease.

That's better, now let's go after the crusty Triple A sticker.

5/1/18 5:59 p.m.

Sunday when I was poking around in the car, I discovered something odd in the ashtray:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oDIV030BRYmsAQoTZvCNBZRIAemoxN9miRFLZVShtGuAaxWS1aBQOY9U7PfKx5AU