1 ... 3 4 5 6
russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/1/20 10:05 p.m.

trumant
trumant GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/1/20 10:19 p.m.

Reading but definitely no help when it comes to wiring.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/2/20 7:23 a.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/2/20 7:29 a.m.

Following along here.  I had one of these cars.  I still have no idea what that stuff is.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/2/20 11:02 a.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/5/20 11:53 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/15/20 12:49 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/26/20 9:35 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
6/30/20 5:58 a.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/3/20 4:11 p.m.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/6/20 9:26 a.m.

After you posted in my thread, my search for what you were planning to rallycross led me here- I'm slightly disappointed you won't be running the Corvette, but a free Audi sounds like a fun time!

What's the tire plan?

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/6/20 12:55 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/12/20 8:49 a.m.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/12/20 9:58 p.m.

Yeehaaa now that's what I'm talking about. That is starting to look the part of a rallycross warrior. If you don't have to don't mess with Audi wiring. It's a pain but actually fairly easy if you have the Bentley Manual. Don't get the CD that's a waist of $99 dollars. Get the book as for some reason it has things in it that the CD doesn't? The Wiring schematics are fairly easy to fallow once you look at it for a bit. The temp gauge was causing me fits as well about the only advise from what I learned was to get a new cluster . I even thought about adding a second aftermarket gauge just to see what it was actually running at. There might be a way to adjust the clutch pedal if I remember right. I'll see if I can find the info. Now go forth and flogger her like the battle princess she is. yes

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/13/20 5:49 a.m.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/13/20 10:13 p.m.

It was loose when I got it. I've actually put a new stepper motor in the cluster for the gauge. Didn't change anything other than it seemed to take a little longer for it to got to reverse temp. I think there are some screws in the glove box that held the gauge cluster down. My scanner came op with a ground to the gauge. That was my reason for changing the motor. I feel it must be something on the board itself that goes sideways hens the reason they say to change the cluster.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/14/20 8:50 a.m.

I just read through the entire part about Ruby. It occured to me that removing the windshield squirters is a bad idea for rallycross. I would want them in case of a mud splash. Concerned about weight?  Just keep the total volume low.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/14/20 2:12 p.m.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/20 2:13 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I just read through the entire part about Ruby. It occured to me that removing the windshield squirters is a bad idea for rallycross. I would want them in case of a mud splash. Concerned about weight?  Just keep the total volume low.

I haven't had working windshield squirters for the last 8 or so years of rallycross. It isn't an issue. 

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/14/20 2:46 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
7/17/20 1:51 p.m.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 4:08 p.m.

Are you coming to the rallycross this weekend?

nsogiba
nsogiba New Reader
7/24/20 11:01 a.m.

The car looks great, you're doing all the right things in maintaining it. Remember that the ride height is adjustable and you can easily lower the car to suit your needs. 

I just sold my 2000 C5 FRC with an LS3 in it, love the body style of those cars. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/16/20 9:04 p.m.

Looking good! It was awesome getting to meet another GRM'ER.  

I like the painted bumper, it matches the rear bumper now.

I am glad the truck went to a good home, enjoy that thing.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/17/20 4:02 p.m.

Add the lower ball joints to you to do list.  They are a common failure point.

Spring for the OEM Toyota ones people have had problems with aftermarket.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0NV8v8vvKylMaGZSFAyarQRf6yfavyzjQkrWjjz4Ir47VJdeBzA13pRdFxpWv4hL