penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
3/20/13 11:52 a.m.

So a friend of mine is starting to restore a sailboat with which he hopes to circumnavigate the globe. Though not an automotive topic, it includes all the things that we love: Craigslist finds, soliciting help from significant others and unwitting friends, and re appropriating things for something other than their intended purpose. Here's the website: http://www.tayana37.com/

Flight Service
Flight Service PowerDork
3/20/13 12:04 p.m.
penultimeta wrote: So a friend of mine is starting to restore a sailboat with which he hopes to circumnavigate the globe. Though not an automotive topic, it includes all the things that we love: Craigslist finds, soliciting help from significant others and unwitting friends, and re appropriating things for something other than their intended purpose. Here's the website: http://www.tayana37.com/

Given boat isn't actually a word but an anagram (Bring Out Another Thousand) and I am in the marine industry, thanks for posting I will watch with much anticipation.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
3/20/13 1:37 p.m.

Ha. That's for sure. We had many beers the night after we found that one of the thru-hulls had gotten wet at some point.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/20/13 2:19 p.m.

Full keel double-ender is that way to blue water. Slower but safer.

Dan

Enyar
Enyar Reader
3/20/13 2:24 p.m.

Cool story!

His purchase story sounds similar to my Dad's Beneteau First. Broker said it needed a rear main seal so he knocked thousands off the price. A quick tightening of the valve cover fixed the leak.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/20/13 2:34 p.m.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
3/20/13 2:41 p.m.

There was a time in my youth when I hoped to wast my life on a boat like that. Part of me still wants too. Cool story.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
3/21/13 7:34 a.m.

A fantasy of mine but unfortunately not one of my crews.

I suspect that knowing about this, the wife unit is more than willing to keep funding any crazy garage project I dream up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wUtvF2Dvs8znFUaPS9vyKr8dHT8XrFsoytaDFTYBePnyA0MHRWww5D41WJKTxdbS