1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50
secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/21 7:43 p.m.

Man, sorry to hear that things have been this difficult, but very jazzed (not jizzed! laugh) to hear that you have found a way to move forward in a positive manner!  I know I don't know you real well, but you were such a righteous dude in dealing with the WRX.  You went far above and beyond being more than fair with me and I'm certain this is the true Patrick!  If I can help in any way, let me know.  You are a good guy and deserve the best the world has to offer.

Steve

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/5/21 9:06 p.m.

All my love to you both and the kids. 

These times have been very hard. I've wanted to get together but the world seems to recommend distance...which is even harder. 

heart

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/5/21 9:27 p.m.

Didn't realize you were going through a rough patch but I'm certainly glad things are getting better. We're all here for you if you need us, you know that. Once this Covid E36 M3 is over we need to get together for some food and drink, my treat.

Life is a never ending cycle of fear and confidence. No one ever reacts to the changes "correctly" because there simply is no correct answer. I am proud to call you my brother and so happy that you are better today than previously. Like so many of us here in your adopted family, I love you and am glad to see you are able to get your kinks worked out devil

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/6/21 7:24 a.m.

Been thinking about that post all night. I keep coming back to something an old dude told me one time. I don't even know what we were talking about and in fact he said it to another young guy in the group, not me, but he looked the young guy in the eyes and said "you need to keep yourself worth being married to" and he was 100% serious. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/21 12:24 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Love and trust only take you so far when your partner has withdrawn into the darkness and is not pulling their weight.  I have expressed much gratitude over the fact that she sought assistance from her mom and then heeded her advice since it came from years of experience, and was willing to give me the space to fix myself without just throwing her hands up and walking away.  

throughout our talks she's mentioned multiple times that no matter what place i'm in, being married to me is easy and feels like home, so I have that going for me.  Even when I was mailing it in and going through the motions I was still getting everything done I needed to, I just wasn't there emotionally because it's extremely hard to be there for someone else when you're not even there for yourself

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Man, you and mazdeuce with the self fulfilling thread titles....

I got nothin' but positive vibes for You and Yours.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/21 5:56 a.m.

Thanks Pat for sharing all that. Build thread indeed. I'm happy that the curve is trending upward for you after bottoming out. 

Edit: the social media blackout is well worth it. I've tried to do the similar and need to double down and really cut that off. So much unnecessary negativity. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/21 8:28 a.m.

Late to the party here, but just wanted to let you know that I love you and I'm proud of you.

1/7/21 1:26 p.m.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/7/21 2:27 p.m.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  My wife and I have gone through something similar, just be honest and keep the faith.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
1/7/21 6:27 p.m.

You’ve never met me, who knows maybe some day.   I just wanted to give you props for doing the right thing which absolutely is never the easy thing.   Hoping you get to enjoy all the benefits of your hard work for many, many years.   I know I don’t always deserve my wife, I promise to make sure I do my best job every day.  Thanks for posting this. (House is looking great too!)

1/7/21 6:54 p.m.

Also I have to mention that Dead_Sled AKA Jonah is awesome and has helped with several days of not easy labor through this process on the house.  Dude's a real one.  We've become good friends over the last few years and I cherish that.  He's on the porch in the picture.  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/21 6:58 p.m.

And he drives a cool ass square body.

OneSickGNX
OneSickGNX New Reader
1/7/21 8:50 p.m.

Sorry to hear about your and Carli's emotional turmoil. (as well as Carli's biopsy) My wife and I have been thru similar in the last few years; and have been steadily making progress. Although losing my brother in February definitely marked a low point; it also certainly changes your perspective. I've really tried to remind myself that our time is short and to make the best of life, come what may. I also agree on giving up social media. I really haven't missed it either aside from seeing pictures of my niece/nephew and talking to my sister in-law. They live outside of witchita, KS so about a 16 hr drive. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that your not alone and that I appreciated the post. The remodel is coming along nicely btw. Anyways I hope that 2021 is a more peaceful and prosperous year for you. ( And us all )

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
1/7/21 11:10 p.m.

Always happy to help!  Can't wait to hang out on that porch, it's huge.

My only regret is I didn't get a picture of Patrick on a ladder, holding a board over his head, with his pants around his ankles.  He's killing it with the daily workout regimen in addition to all the work on the house!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
1/7/21 11:23 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

And he drives a cool ass square body.

I unfortunately drove it today (unfortunate because #salt_life).

1/8/21 6:27 a.m.

Thankfully it's cold enough i was wearing long johns, but yeah I have to get some smaller jeans asap.  I felt bad last night because I forgot to do my weights, but then again i lifted a ton of lumber through the day.  

mazdeuce - Seth
1/8/21 7:58 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Love and trust only take you so far when your partner has withdrawn into the darkness and is not pulling their weight.  I have expressed much gratitude over the fact that she sought assistance from her mom and then heeded her advice since it came from years of experience, and was willing to give me the space to fix myself without just throwing her hands up and walking away.  

throughout our talks she's mentioned multiple times that no matter what place i'm in, being married to me is easy and feels like home, so I have that going for me.  Even when I was mailing it in and going through the motions I was still getting everything done I needed to, I just wasn't there emotionally because it's extremely hard to be there for someone else when you're not even there for yourself

Yea. I get that. I've been there though it was early in our relationship. It's just something I remind myself of when I catch myself falling into habits that aren't good for me. They're also not good for my marriage. 

On to the house! Looks rad. That giant porch is going to be a thing. Love it. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
1/8/21 12:14 p.m.

Wasn't expecting the front porch .....way cool. What materials are you using to finish this off .....rough sawn cedar ???

1/8/21 2:29 p.m.

Some sort of composite, haven't picked it yet but goal is low/no maintenance in the future

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
1/8/21 2:52 p.m.

I'm late but as someone who was also raised catholic I really understand it, my wife and I had similar issues 4-5 years ago.  She is my favorite adult human but I struggle with not ruining good things in my life. Glad you and your wife are working on things! Hiding away and working on things is never an appropriate answer but it seems to be one many of us resort too. 

1/8/21 4:44 p.m.

mazdeuce - Seth
1/8/21 4:46 p.m.

I legit have porch envy. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/21 5:19 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Two things.  One that really changes the look of the house.  Two I now want you to come outside one morning to find me asleep on your porch.

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
quPgqGV6hQtwJqfCre8CUNdRPhoei417XWZH2B3zj16kl7h8bXX6FAFn4Z1OqGSa