1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 50
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/8/21 5:37 p.m.

The porch is like The Dude's rug because it really ties the whole thing together! 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
1/8/21 7:11 p.m.

Awesome Pat!!!...am I seeing window replacements as a result of this porch??? you don't happen to have a banjo lying around do you??.........wink

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/21 7:48 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Nope i did all the windows when i bought the house.  Had to order 3 for the addition and they got dropped off by ABC Supply a couple weeks ago.  

1/12/21 2:35 p.m.

Cold day today.  wrap on 2 sides, windows in, ridge cap on roof, just got done destroying my workout.  Dangerously close go being under 240, that's the goal for 2 weeks from yesterday.  

meditation still helping.  Going to read "you do you" by sarah knight next, the lady who wrote the "let that sh*t go" book that i enjoyed.  Also have "thriving as an empath, 365 days of self care for sensitive people" that has one passage each day with a tidbit to help keep you on the correct path, it takes literally one minute every morning.

set my screen time for social media to 30 minutes a day so I don't soak up too much from the world around me.  Keeping on working to control the things i have control over and blocking out that which i can do nothing about.  

twan went fishing yesterday (unbeknownst to me, I thought we were working on the house) after I dropped my kids off at the inlaws for the day so i took advantage of that and had a mental health day for myself.  FIL had major surgery a couple weeks ago so they're going nowhere due to being extremely compromised, so i felt comfortable taking the kids over there to hang out.  Spent the day knocking out a couple small tasks, hammered my workout, spent over an hour on the phone with Seth, played some video games, and soaked my back in the hot bath.  

1/16/21 7:47 a.m.

Had a mental setback Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon, but pulled out of the nosedive and got back to a good place.  

House wise, cutting the old roof out from the living room.  It suuuuccckkkkssss.  About 1/4 done.  They never tore off, they just kept adding, so there's about 1 3/4" of asphalt on top of the 1x10 deck.  Every 4' section of 1x i remove weighs around 60 pounds.  There's likely going to be enough removed to make up the entire weight of the new roof, so that should make the overall structure healthier.  On top of that they have 2x6 rafters somewhere around 32" on center supporting this insane amount of weight, no wonder the ceiling below has a belly in the middle.  

also Thursday it was super nice out so i got the chimneys flashed

1/16/21 7:42 p.m.

Just finished "you do you" by sarah knight, the follow up to "get your E36 M3 together" and took some valuable nuggets from it.  Plus at 250 pages I literately started it last night and finished it tonight.  

1/17/21 11:53 a.m.

Hit another milestone, now sub 240.  Down about 25 pounds since i began working out, and my forearms are starting to show signs of getting ripped and my biceps and triceps have bulges now.  That's exciting for me, who needs power steering when you're bulking your upper body up?

i don't know what my ideal weight or shape is, but hopefully i find it along the way.  After 25 years of body image shame and eating disorders, I feel like i'm finally doing this right.

1/22/21 1:26 p.m.

Today:  move garage computer where it's 28 degrees into house and get serious about learning to CAD up weld tabs and brackets for different applications for example mounting stuff to roll cages like this one.  Just playing around learning the software because i have scheduled myself every Friday afternoon to put time in as my job to learn my cnc table.  Once i have some designs i can take the computer back out, crank out some samples and test them on my own car(s) and the confidently start an ebay store.  The one below was just me figuring out dimensions, but now that i grasp the concept of things and the program i can do some real measuring and figure out what i can make to sell and market it accordingly.  I don't want to stupid stuff like Ls engine mount plates because china does them for $23 shipped.  I want to make the things that fabricators need and supplement that with fancier stuff like signs.  Side hustle level 1 right now and see where it goes.  

759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
3/11/21 2:33 p.m.

Wutt up????

3/11/21 4:50 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

Wutt up????

Keeping my nose out of the forum soap opera for a while.  Down to 231(-31lb since November), keeping at the house, got the Q45 out from hibernation, went to carli's dads farm in Michigan for 5 days, may possibly be acquiring a log cabin on 40 acres up there next month. Fingers crossed for that one.

3/11/21 5:09 p.m.

Well that's alot and good on you ......cabin on 40acres is always a bonus......peace out 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/21 7:05 p.m.

Are you doing steel or aluminum or whatever is needed?

Because I gots IDEAS

4/2/21 7:21 a.m.

did a thing.  "Smoked last time dad started it so he shut it down and it sat for a few years" 1 owner 1100 mile 2004 yamaha grizzly 660.  

so far he had 2 stroke gas in it, so there's that.  Fired immediately on starting fluid and sounds good.  Have read a common source of smoke is a drive belt getting oiled by a $12 seal.  I'm assuming it never got a belt before so i ordered the belt and seal plus a battery.  Came with 60" swisher mower that chucked a rod but is otherwise mint and a 27 ton huskee log splitter that needs a predator swap to sell for recoup 

also if anyone has a death wish there's a 2004 zx12r in the garage that needs a new home.  

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/21 7:29 a.m.

I would like to find a deal like that. Nice score. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/2/21 11:00 a.m.

I didn't need to know about the Kawasaki.

4/2/21 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It sounds glorious with the yoshimura exhaust.  

4/2/21 6:36 p.m.

$$$$$?????(zx12r)

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/2/21 9:21 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It sounds glorious with the yoshimura exhaust.  

The guy I used to work with had a ZX9R, then bought a ZX10R when they came out in '04.  That thing sounded awesome bone stock.  (And he left it bone stock, because stock is reliable, and it was waaaaay faster than he would ever exploit, so why go for more?)  The 9 was a lot louder but the 10 was just.... meaner?  More liquidy-smooth-zippery sounding?  Like the difference between a six cylinder M5 and a V6 Corsica.  (Must rewatch Ronin now...)  And it idled like my Mazda at 1500rpm, too, no clue how that thing was given a green light by the EPA.

There are far too many zombies in SUVs on the road for me to ever consider a motorcycle.  Hell, I feel exposed in the RX-7s.  The Volvo, too, for that matter, but at least with the Volvo I have a fighting chance of not actually getting run over.

4/3/21 11:43 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Think we're at $3400ish or make offer.  Clutch and back tire worn but he bought new ones, they come with, but he downsized from an oversized 3 car garage to a barely 2 car and is keeping his 750 suzuki instead because he bought it new and loves it.  

4/8/21 6:59 a.m.

Grizzly after a $39 fuel tank, $50 battery, and $1 fuel filter plus cleaning the original carb and putting the needle valve from the new chinese one in it to fix the only actual problem:

po's diagnoses:

float stuck = needle worn 

smoking = 2 stroke mix

won't idle = didn't have idle screw open at all

still have to put the skid plates on but need to order some metric bolts.  New petcock on way because the original doesn't shut off all the way.  All in will have $1100 in it, and comps are $3500.  Have procured a free replacement motor for the finish mower from my dad, and have to pull the log splitter apart to measure motor shaft so i can order a correct replacement, then both of those will get sold to hopefully net me a $0 grizzy and some positive cash into the skyline fund

patrick's home for neglected yamahas finally has some output instead of just more input.  2 more to go.  Tri moto 225dx is next, i'm a new coil wire away from seeing if it still runs - damn mice.  Then one day i'll finish my project xv920 virago

the grizzly was a welcome day distraction from the house.  Yesterday afternoon i built a 4x4 raised bed for the asparagus garden out of the old deck stair treads.  Will upload house project pics at some point

Fantastic! 

Glad to see things going ok up there.

4/8/21 8:52 p.m.

Also glad to see you chatting with the forum peeps....your presence here is much admired....well at least by me .....wink

4/22/21 7:03 a.m.

wide ass steps.  Treads will be 130" because of roots and not wanting a wonky 2' section of railing off one of the posts.  

passed rough electrical inspection yesterday.  Have to build the back step framing to call for framing inspection but it's been cold and snowy yesterday and today so i'll probably schedule that for monday and build steps this weekend.  Carli is off this week so we've spent most of the time together and she had another mole and skin excision surgery Tuesday.  The last one was melanoma but they cut it all out so need to keep up on things.  

started experimenting with the carbon fiber and epoxy foundation repair.  

Got the 225dx running again, going to put it together with a couple new back tires when i sell something to pay for them and ride it for a bit then decide if i want to clean it up right or sell it as a functional atv.  I wanted to keep it to go fast on but the grizzly is kinda stupid fast for what it is.  

rolled the rear lips on the Q, 20's don't rub anymore.  Took it to youngstown last week to scope something for Gumby.  

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/22/21 7:30 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Took it to youngstown last week to scope something for Gumby.  

A shame our schedules didn't align better for you to see it in the daylight. I am smitten. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/22/21 7:53 a.m.

Yay!!!

So glad you are intermittently back!

And wide steps are awesome. Always liked tye looks and feel of them

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GdDC3h0IA3afkEIxhxuIp4A3XVMHhryJP4O5jr02eqVjO7iQ3pjDXdQCxOEdvMnl