1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50
wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
12/6/19 4:48 a.m.

How long do hood waffles cook?  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/19 7:18 a.m.

Same as regular waffles.  3ish minutes.  Basically when the steam slows significantly.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/6/19 7:29 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It's your fault I'm going to spend Lil Stampie's Christmas money on a waffle iron. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/6/19 8:28 a.m.

They should be just a bit crunchy outside but still soft on the inside. If you overcook them they're more like a bread on the inside, not bad by any means, but keeping them a bit soft inside is key to their magic. I undercook them a bit compared to waffles on my iron but I like crispy waffles so your mileage may vary. 

mazdeuce - Seth
12/6/19 8:28 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Patrick :

It's your fault I'm going to get Lil Stampie a waffle iron for Christmas. 

Fixed that for you. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
12/6/19 11:27 a.m.

If you make an adaptor, can you make multiples? Asking for myself, I mean a friend. 

Patrick
12/6/19 12:08 p.m.

Impala is still alive, proof:  

q45 is barely alive.  I'm going to enjoy blowing that one up.  I think i might just stick a nitrous line into the intake hose, pin the throttle and open the bottle.  Throttle stuck and tried to shoot me out into the street, it won't idle, and i really only want the lsd r200 and wheels anyway.

oh god i keep watching that video.  I love my lopey ls1.  I was going to put a 5.3 in the chevelle, then was thinking about just dumping this drivetrain into it, but i'm being stupid.  The 57 is slated to get a nasty 6.0 and th400, the chevelle was going to get a 5.3 and th400, but i'm down a th400.  The ls1/4l65e in the imp will drop into the chevelle with a pan swap and me building a harness for the newer pcm i want to use, minus a little driveshaft work maybe.  Then it would be a matter of ditching the 2.73 gears and it would be a legit quick street car.  Problem?  Chevelle doesn't need to be as quick as it needs to make the rumbles that please Carli.  She was fine when it was a 165hp dump truck engine with flowmasters.  

maybe i'll do the 5.3 and 4L65e, set it up for cruising, and keep my ls1 for (insert who knows what here).   The 5.3 isn't very challenge friendly as it was $500 with harness and pcm, so it's doing me no good sitting on the stand.  

This is what happens when one has too many projects.  Right now i have more lsx engines that i want to use than cars to put them in.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/6/19 1:19 p.m.

So, for those of us a little denser than usual, is hood waffles just cinnamon rolls put in a waffle machine? 

Patrick
12/6/19 1:25 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

That's exactly what it is

you can take the boy out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the boy, which is why I have a black impala SS and a black q45 that smells like air freshener 

mazdeuce - Seth
12/6/19 4:09 p.m.
Mndsm said:

So, for those of us a little denser than usual, is hood waffles just cinnamon rolls put in a waffle machine? 

They're more than that. The're an amazing simple joy. A food to make with kids. A food that kids can make for you. A food to share with friends. A way to cook without really cooking so you can feel good about yourself as a person. Cheap calories. Too many cheap calories. They're sweet and crunchy and gooey and warm. They will always remind me of crashing on a friends couch three weeks into an epic road trip. They're cinnamon rolls put in a waffle iron, but they're not JUST cinnamon rolls put in a waffle iron. 

Patrick
12/6/19 4:30 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

It's dusty in here

slowbird
slowbird Dork
12/6/19 4:40 p.m.

My reading comprehension wasn't sharp today and for a moment I thought hood waffles were waffles cooked on the hood of a car.

Patrick
12/8/19 2:59 p.m.

my friend GAVE me this because everything is old junk to her and it's been sitting a long time. It was put up dry so i added some new fuel, bar oil, adjusted the chain and the thing fired to life and runs very nicely.  Going to test it since it's getting a workout next week

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
12/8/19 3:48 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I live my Stihl.  Is that a 290? And where can I get a friend like that?

Patrick
12/8/19 4:23 p.m.

These guys are coming down 

Patrick
12/9/19 5:12 p.m.

Sometimes it's the little things, like sharing some Sheetz nachos with Abby and listening to Rancid in the truck while Colin does ninja warrior training.  

today's excitement was removing and correctly installing 7 windows that were botched by someone else several years ago(little to no insulation or caulk, not square, screwed too tight) while it was windy and raining sideways.  

then i went and checked out a house "we just need steps by the 20th" - cool i can build steps like a motherberkeleyer......

ummmmm, you need more than just steps.  Sewer line got replaced and this is how they left the yard.  Steps aren't happening in 10 days unless they have a magic skidsteer appear and grade the yard and a concrete guy come pour a new pad and walk from the driveway since they ripped that out too.  For as far away from the steps the sewer line was, it's pretty uncalled for that they even touched them.  You go, City of Cleveland.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/9/19 5:21 p.m.
Patrick said:

my friend GAVE me this because everything is old junk to her and it's been sitting a long time. It was put up dry so i added some new fuel, bar oil, adjusted the chain and the thing fired to life and runs very nicely.  Going to test it since it's getting a workout next week

That's a badass saw. 

Patrick
12/9/19 5:30 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yeah it is, runs awesome.  Blade is pretty dull, probably sharpen it Wednesday since it's supposed to be cold and i moved my job to next Tuesday because i'm not putting up some vinyl railing in 20 degree weather and exploding it as soon as the saw hits it.  

hopefully the tree guys come Wednesday or Thursday while i'm here, leaving for PRI Thursday afternoon and won't be home till Saturday night.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/9/19 6:43 p.m.
Patrick said:

Nice braided flex connector.  I've sold thousands of these the past 25 years. Generator?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/9/19 6:50 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Yeah it is, runs awesome.  Blade is pretty dull, probably sharpen it Wednesday since it's supposed to be cold and i moved my job to next Tuesday because i'm not putting up some vinyl railing in 20 degree weather and exploding it as soon as the saw hits it.  

hopefully the tree guys come Wednesday or Thursday while i'm here, leaving for PRI Thursday afternoon and won't be home till Saturday night.  

Worst case scenario- I probably have the chains in stock at work. 

Patrick
12/9/19 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

General motors new old stock.  Not sure of application 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/11/19 8:58 a.m.

Is Lifehacker stalking this thread???

I had to break down and run to the store for some cinnamon rolls last night to try it myself. 10/10 would recommend. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
12/11/19 11:54 a.m.
Patrick said:

Pman what length is that bar looks like 30"?   Love my 036 & 025, good to see the bar has been flipped for even wear.....be careful.

Patrick
12/11/19 12:49 p.m.

Goofy perspective.  Not sure, due to the chain being dull i ordered a 20" bar and chain.  May hit it with the file later and get started.  For big stuff i have a husqvarna 455 rancher with a 24" blade.  That's been a pain in the butt ever since I bought it, I don't like newer small engines.  My dad said he would adjust the carb for me because apparently for emissions they run mega lean.  

done working for the week, leaving for PRI around 3 tomorrow.  

Patrick
12/11/19 2:41 p.m.

I lied it's 25 out i'm not chainsawing E36 M3

big boy parts showed up today for the LY6 that's likely going in the 57

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8a9JyQQ6P84jWDepBZL1Hd8jcP4AqhTotYG3IyXH4hxLfnxXO7w7KkQv2QLLi39x