1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/19 4:05 p.m.

BTW i had listed them backwards.  I looked up sales prices and the tmnt had gone for $999 but the two most recent sales(one in February) were $399.  The highest price for a sealed Capt America was $265ish.  So mine blew that record sky high.  People must have alerts set for "factory sealed NES" and stuff, because i had a $750 offer within minutes and while i was making the TMnT listing it was bought now for $999.  The buyer was messaging me and asked if I had any other sealed stuff so i told him i just listed the turtles game and he immediately made a $650 offer on that, i countered at $699 and he bought that too.  

unfortunately the last sealed game i have is an snes bowling game that's worth around $20.  Last year I sold sealed Earthworm Jim 2 for genesis for $269, also almost immediately after posting.   I'm going to start listing the stuff I'll never play, just because now is a good time to capitalize on the nostalgia of my generation since there are a good chunk of people trying to buy back the 80's and 90's of their childhood.  I have 3 huge bins full of games, systems and accessories in the basement that aren't the stuff that's out and gets played.  I'm guessing I have 7 atari 2600's and 200 cartridges, turbografx 16, gamecube, ps2/3/4, a couple NES, couple SNES, couple n64, and probably 200 games between them?  I even have a pair of new never used atari paddle controllers that I'm reluctant to open even though i need them.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/19 4:21 p.m.

Lemme tell you about the Atari 7800 that my aunt threw away...

Or the Colecovision that I had as a kid, with the Atari adaptor, games that used the film thingies in the controllers, and a racing wheel, that they sold at a garage sale for $20...

Patrick
12/29/19 7:09 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

We tossed an atari XE and a commodore 64 in probably 02-03.  Oops

Carli upon hearing the video game sales:  "Cool that can go toward tree cutting!"

indecision

not berkeleying happening, lady.  

if it was last week when ebay was doing 10% bonus bucks i would have loaded my watch list of 57 chevy parts to my cart and sent it

Patrick
12/31/19 2:16 p.m.

Patrick
1/2/20 9:31 a.m.
Today's adventure - run to Michigan to meet wawazat to grab some seats.  On the road again?
wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
1/2/20 1:24 p.m.

It was a pleasure meeting you today Pat!  Another face to a (screen) name with the GRM crowd is always good!  

Patrick
1/2/20 2:34 p.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/20 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Patrick
1/3/20 1:04 p.m.

Ebay bucks certificate was $38.xx this quarter.  Ordered disc brake caliper bracket kit for the 57 for $24 that uses 72 chevelle rotors and s10 calipers and pads.  I just happen to have the rotors off the chevelle(good just went new to go with the new everything else) and a new pair of s10 calipers and a new set of s10 pads laying around, so minus hoses we're good.

Crackers
Crackers Dork
1/3/20 7:53 p.m.
Patrick said:

Also if anyone wants my 2000 q45 for parts, including a 3.69 VLSD r200, it runs(poorly) and has no battery and the coolant is gone but it'll drive onto a trailer, $200 please come get it.  Megasquirt the engine, use the brakes and rear suspension, make a dohc aluminum v8 challenge something for super cheap.  It's never going to be worth making a q45 again, but there is a lot going on under the semi ugly skin.  And the wheels are sweet.  Otherwise i'm going to blow it up and scrap it

The fact you're in OH just saved me from being murdered. LOL

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/4/20 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It's a good time to get out of it too- AVGN sold off most of his collection to the tune of over $8K in the last year because emulation is getting so good and cheap. If I remember right retro gaming is soon going to be in the same economic issue as Elvis memorabilia- I think it was called the "Velvet Elvis" problem but I can't remember where I read it.

Patrick
1/7/20 5:20 p.m.

PSA:  if you know your shower is leaking, don't let it go for 15 years before you decide to do something about it

everything that could be wrong was.  

also, my yard looks naked.  Pics not tonight, it's dark

Patrick
1/7/20 8:13 p.m.

I lied.  Some of what happened while i was at work

they're not done yet.  I'll have a decent pile of large stuff to have milled into boards to make stuff for the house, 2 mounds of chips so far, nothing hurt except one flower planter got displaced and the lily bulbs popped out but i just fixed that.  They took down the 2 in the way of the garage, dead ash, the 3 across the front in the way of my new porch, a couple that hung only over the house, one hindering being able to widen the driveway apron to be able to get my trailer in my yard and not the neighbors, and trimmed back anything over the house.  

I have hopes that the large maple trunk that's still standing yet will give some nice lumber that maybe we can mill into cabinet materials.  Two of the fat pine trunks will likely be turned into furniture for the future front porch.  

Patrick
1/8/20 3:58 p.m.

It's soooooo naked

that's maybe 35% of the logs, unfortunately the biiiiig maple was soft inside so nothing there worth milling.  

the 3 wood chip mountains block the Q45 from my sight when i'm in the house.  Win/win.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/8/20 4:13 p.m.

Holy crap!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/20 7:32 p.m.

We all know that half of the space was made just by dragging car bits over to kill the grass in a different part of the yard.

Sriously though, the pic with the house in the background is confusing to me... that's all just "here there be monsters" uncharted woods in my memory.  Now it's flat and stuff?

Patrick
1/8/20 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

That was all grass and stuff, where the kids play.  Behind the house is kinda the thar be monsters here territory.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/8/20 7:50 p.m.

Seems like I was just there with my kid taking a dirt bath under the swingset and it's all so strange now. I'm going to have to visit again. 

Patrick
1/11/20 12:40 p.m.

Today's win

Patrick
1/11/20 1:49 p.m.

The th350 is in my truck.  It's slated to get hooked to a 5.3 via an adapter plate for probably the chevelle.  I intended to use a th400 for that because it had one, but the only th400 i have is an expensive unit from one of the high end race builders that has an SFI ultra bell on it.  It seems a waste to use that behind a stock 5.3.  

So far i'm one drivetrain ahead of cars available to put them in.  The RX8 that I'm picking up may have to stay around as a test bed for the supercharged 6.0 build I have in my head, which is possible on challenge budget.  

Patrick
1/12/20 9:37 a.m.

Wind 1 shed 0

Patrick
1/12/20 10:28 a.m.

Me 1 

wind 0

Bill Mesker
Bill Mesker Reader
1/12/20 1:37 p.m.

Holy berk. Wind was absolutely wicked last night. I only lost power for a brief second last night luckily.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/12/20 8:18 p.m.

My neighbors shed did the same thing, but his is metal and isn't going to go back together like yours. 

Patrick
1/12/20 8:41 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

My neighbors shed did the same thing, but his is metal and isn't going to go back together like yours. 

Lots of self tapping screws were used.  It's not quite as decent as it was, but strangely enough the doors work better than ever.  

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dlLOpvQxgU03KZ7oeNHgT78aPuLgK35kMB4t7eBySdZ3zxhTSalaT0INX1oJnBiE