1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/20 1:38 p.m.

They hogged out the drain hole and I believe epoxied it.  The part that stuck up for the rubber seal to go around popped out.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/5/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Jesus. I see E36 M3 like that here a lot- it's amazing what the "contractors" here will do. When a guy that's supposed to be a plumber asks me what do in XXX situation......it's bad. 

Patrick
2/5/20 3:49 p.m.

This one is exceedingly lame.  Because they didn't want to work under the floor they built the bathroom on the other side of this one up, and this shower too.  Guy has early stages of alzheimers, and he's forgetting to do things like step a foot up into this stupid shower.  There's a linen closet right behind it so i'm going to get one of those grey water shower pump boxes below that with a service hatch so this shower can be at normal floor level.  

Patrick
2/13/20 10:30 a.m.

Another day another bathroom.  Peerless makes blue toilet and sink so they will match the tub.  Checkered vinyl floor is sweet.  Plumbed in a new old stock central 2 handle tub faucet that i found cleaning out a garage a few years back.  It used to have pink plastic tiles but they were rough and disgusting with the blue tub, so white beadboard planks with old school 1x6 plus base cap baseboards.  Working on nail hole filling and paint today.  More stuff coming tomorrow, should be able to get it mostly done monday.  Unoccupied house so no rush but it'll be nice to have a toilet here so we can finish the rest of the house(tile backsplashes in kitchen, flooring, re-plumb basement in pex and add a bathroom down there) without having to drive to the taco bell up the street to bathroom.

also on 3 hours of sleep i was outside shoveling snow this morning at 7 so this could happen

While he was unstrapping someone was (probably on her phone) distracted and plowed someone else almost right in front of the driveway and they ended up in the neighbors yard.  Those of you who have been here know there are "high accident area" signs on my street for a reason.  

Patrick
2/13/20 4:28 p.m.

Because I want Carli to kill me 

actually has been a dream of mine to $2000 challenge a z34 with my bag of w body tricks.  I had one for 2005's event but when I started tearing it apart to put in a 5 speed I found badly pulled crash damage in an area that I didn't feel comfortable with at the time.  Now i know better it would have been fine, but at the time I parted and scrapped it.  Do I expect to win?  Not at all, but it's fun to play and I haven't accidentally won a car on ebay in years

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/20 4:43 p.m.

If the body turns out to be horribly rotted, I officially call first dibs on the drivetrain if you part it

I'm not smart either.  I remember the mod you had to do to the torque mount to be able to get the front valve cover off in under 8 hours, and it wasn't me but I saw someone I work with blow a timing belt on a 50k mile Twin Dual Cam driving it out of the parking lot on a road test.

I never did an alternator on one but I've done intake gaskets.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/20 4:45 p.m.

Nice looking work, Pat. How long have you been building Kerdi showers? I've done three in my last two houses and I'm a fan. Will you even consider PVC pan liners anymore? 

Patrick
2/13/20 6:53 p.m.

Since kerdi in the US was a thing.  I'd never do a pvc pan liner.  

pete, my buddy in Indy told me i could have all his 3.4 stuff (and i will probably take him up on that) so.....  the one in my old 94 euro was from a 91 cutlass, and it got given to someone who was building a locost around it.  I still have my 36" extension for the rearmost alternator bolt.  Way back in 01 i got a 94 euro sedan from Gimp's parents after his brother slid into a curb and bent the front cradle at the lca mount.  One cradle later i was good.  Then the trans started slipping so i got a 91 cutlass and slapped the 3.4 in with the transmission.  Then i did z34 bumpers/grill/wing/seats.  Then i got a black z34 with a bad trans for $500.  I love z34's 

Patrick
2/14/20 1:29 p.m.

Things of great importance 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/14/20 1:33 p.m.

The one closest to the photographer is not quite standing up straight. Does that make it a thing of great impotence?

Patrick
2/14/20 2:12 p.m.

They gave the poles a little blue pill and they stood right up into place

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/14/20 2:46 p.m.

That looks like its going to be HUGE 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/14/20 3:04 p.m.

Dude. YES!

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/20 3:10 p.m.

Patrick
2/14/20 4:42 p.m.

It's starting to sink in that it's happening.  The mud is horrible though.  Everywhere I took care to keep the skidsteer in the footprint of the building and not tear up grass, the guy who bored the holes just went to town on it.  

Patrick
2/14/20 7:29 p.m.

There's a new store here called bargain hunters that buys return lots from amazon and other buyouts.  They have boxes of this hardware, 2/$1 for any of it.  Challenge ghetto aero turnbuckles.  In the amazon returns they basically have bins and everything is $6 on friday and drops $1 a day till it's all $1 thursday.  We went today since we didn't know how it worked, but found a new in box LS starter with bolts for $6.  More challenge gold.  

Patrick
2/14/20 8:59 p.m.

$28.50 laugh

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
2/15/20 6:23 a.m.
Patrick said:

They gave the poles a little blue pill and they stood right up into place

This picture makes it look like you're building a sarcophagus over your current garage, Chernobyl style. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/20 6:42 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

And so did Patrick's new garage become known as West Pripyat

Patrick
2/15/20 9:53 a.m.

Why does everything have to come back around to the eastern bloc?

i have a slight fear i may win the z34, with no place to put it or time to get it or spousal knowledge of it.  I expect if my bid did win, however, that the seller would not follow through at my max price because people who have nice ones tend to think a 28 year old disposable gm w body with a bastard engine is worth more than $750.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/15/20 10:33 a.m.

Congrats on the progress. 

If needed, the Z34 could stay at my place for a while. 

Patrick
2/15/20 11:27 a.m.

I don't have friends, i have a family of enablers

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/15/20 12:00 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Aren't they kind of the same thing?

Patrick
2/15/20 12:11 p.m.